Adult Hot Chocolate Recipe is a warm recipe for those cold wintery nights. This recipe’s ingredients include cocoa powder, raw cacao beans, and sea salt. The best part about this is that it is great at home or in your dorm room!
This Adult Hot Chocolate Recipe will be perfect for bringing to a party and socializing! When you get these cups to a party, ensure you share them with others so they can enjoy them.
These Adult Hot Chocolate Recipes are the perfect cold-weather drink. This recipe featured on 101cookbooks is an ideal treat to enjoy with friends during the winter. For best results, use dark chocolate for this recipe.
This Adult Hot Chocolate Recipe can be made in bulk and will only take a few minutes to prepare, but it will warm you up on those cold nights.
What is Adult Hot Chocolate?
Adult Hot Chocolate is a type of drink that both adults and children can enjoy. When it was first created in the 1930s, the drink contained alcohol with a chocolate powder sprinkling. The mixture comprises chocolate-flavored cream, cocoa powder, and raw cacao beans. It is also known as hot chocolate when served from a jug or cup.
How to Make Adult Hot Chocolate
The ingredients for this adult hot chocolate recipe are your choice of hot cocoa powder, dark coffee or espresso beans, and individual servings of raw cacao powder.
- Prepare Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 10m
- Servings: 6 Cups
- 1 cup hot cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
Put 1/3 of a cup of water in a blender. Add in all ingredients from the hot cocoa, dark coffee, or espresso beans, and individual servings of raw cacao powder. Blend for about 10 seconds. Add about 2 cups of milk and blend for about 10 seconds more. Pour into mugs and serve warm.
To make the adult hot chocolate hot, add 1/10 of a cup of uncooked medium-grain white rice into the blender.
If you want to make the adult hot chocolate powder-free, add 1 tablespoon coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of maple syrup, and 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract in the blender instead.
If you would like to prepare your adult hot chocolate ahead of time, you can store it in mason jars in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Then serve it chilled or overnight in a thermos or on ice until ready to drink.
If you want to reheat the adult hot chocolate, you can transfer it into a thermos and then heat it with boiling water. This will warm it up in minutes.
To make a mug of warm adult hot chocolate, mix 1/3 cup of hot water and 1/3 cup of your favorite hot chocolate powder in a mug and serve.
To make a tall glass of warm adult hot chocolate, mix 4 tablespoons of water with 1 tablespoon each of cocoa powder and sugar in a blender until the powder is dissolved. Add 2 cups of milk and blend for about 10 seconds. Pour into a tall glass and serve warm.
If you want to make a large pot of warm adult hot chocolate, mix 6 cups of water with 1/3 cup each of cocoa powder and sugar in a large pot or Dutch oven and just heat it on the stove for about 5 minutes until it is ready to be enjoyed!
Nutrition Fact of Adult Hot Chocolate Recipe
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||18 g|
|Polyols (sugar)||5 g|
Serving Ideas for Adult Hot Chocolate Recipe
1. If you want to serve adult hot chocolate in mugs, warm 1 cup of water and 1/2 cup of cocoa powder with sugar until it is ready to drink. Bring to a boil in a pot on the stove, and then add one teaspoon of salt. Heat on medium until the salt dissolves, stir well, and serve with one tablespoon of each vanilla paste and cinnamon stick.
2. If you want to serve adult hot chocolate in a glass, add three tablespoons of hot water, 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, one tablespoon of sugar, and 3/4 teaspoon of vanilla in a cup. Mix until the sugar dissolves, and serve.
3. If you would like to serve adult hot chocolate in your dorm room, gather some friends and drink warm adult hot chocolate with whipped cream on top!
4. If you would like to serve adult hot chocolate in a mug, add 1/4 cup of cocoa powder and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Then add warm water and mix very well until the sugar is dissolved. Top with whipped cream and stir before serving!
5. If you want to add a touch of indulgence, add some homemade raspberry sauce, crushed raspberries, or even a scoop of Nutella.
6. If you want to serve adult hot chocolate in large mugs or pitchers, combine 2 cups of milk with cocoa powder and sugar for the beverage, along with about two tablespoons each of chopped almonds and raw cocoa beans. Prepare in your favorite mugs or pitchers just before serving, and serve warm!
7. If you would like to serve adult hot chocolate in a thermos, then add 1/3 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of cocoa powder in a thermos. Add 1 quart of milk, followed by 2 cups of hot water, and heat until it is ready to be served.
8. If you want healthy adult hot chocolate, add some cinnamon to your choice of milk and some chia seeds!
What can you add to hot chocolate to make it taste better?
Sugar: Mix 1/2 teaspoon sugar into your hot chocolate for a sweet and simple flavor.
Cinnamon: Sprinkle some cinnamon on top of your hot chocolate for an even sweeter taste.
Salt: The salt may seem like an odd addition to hot chocolate, but it helps bring out the cocoa flavor and makes it taste smoother. Use one teaspoon with 2 cups of milk to get the best results.
Salt and Pepper: Mix salt and pepper with cocoa powder and then add a little water to make it into an almost paste-like texture. Then add about 1/4 cup of this mixture with 4 cups milk for the best results.
Crushed Chocolate Bar: Adding a crushed chocolate bar to your hot chocolate is another excellent way to boost the flavor quickly. Chop up a 60% cocoa dark chocolate bar into small pieces, then stir them in before serving to get the best results.
Cinnamon and Vanilla: Mixing a little cinnamon powder with vanilla powder in your hot chocolate will give you the perfect taste. It’s also easy to find at any grocery store or pharmacy.
Cinnamon and Chia Seeds: Adding chia seeds to your hot chocolate will give it a mild nutty flavor that is great after a meal. You will want the ground chia seeds to blend into your drink quickly. Try adding some chopped walnuts or mini chocolate chips for added depth.
Chocolate: Adding a touch of chocolate powder to your hot chocolate is another way to boost the flavor. Try adding cocoa beans or making homemade chocolate for the best results.
Cinnamon, Vanilla, and Coffee: Adding a little cinnamon and vanilla will boost a cup of coffee, but adding some simple syrup will make it even better. Mix into 1 cup of hot water, and add one teaspoon of cinnamon and two teaspoons of vanilla to get the best results.
Hot chocolate is an excellent drink at any time of the year, whether you’re celebrating a birthday or enjoying the weather. Add some cocoa powder and sugar to your favorite milk, and you can enjoy delicious hot chocolate for hours. Try adding salt or pepper for a richer taste, or mix it with coffee for even more flavor. If you want to learn more about hot chocolate, click here to see some of the many recipes and tips you’ll find on this website.