Bill Knapps Chocolate Cake Recipe is a traditional recipe that has been tweaked over the years to make it gluten-free and vegan. This recipe will show you three easy steps to make a delicious, fluffy cake. We hope this recipe brings you joy and pleasure in making a sweet chocolate dessert.
What is Bill Knapps Chocolate Cake?
Bill Knapps Chocolate Cake was a popular chocolate dessert made in the 50s. It was served in many diners, restaurants, and cafes. The Bill Knapps Chocolate Cake recipe is one of the oldest recipes people still use today. The Bill Knapps Sweet Chocolate Cake Quick Recipe continues to inspire making this cake, and people are always looking for a gluten-free or vegan recipe to enjoy this treat.
How To make Bill Knapps Chocolate Cake Recipe?
- Prepare Time: 15 min.
- Cook Time: 30 min.
- Total: 45 min.
- Serving size: 10 people
- 2 cups of unsifted self-rising flour (you can replace this with gluten-free all-purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of milk (creamy or almond milk will work!)
- 3/4 cup of melted butter (can also use vegan butter)
- You can use one cup of Hershey’s chocolate syrup or your favorite chocolate syrup.
- 1/4 cup of nuts chopped (optional)
- 2 large eggs (or you can use vegan eggs)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 8″ cake pans. Flour them lightly and set them aside.
In a mixing bowl, mix flour and sugar until blended well with each other. Slowly add in milk while mixing on low speed until combined well with the flour mixture that was just added in. Continue mixing until no lumps are seen. Continue adding in melted butter and mix again until blended well.
Stir in chocolate syrup with a whisk or spoon and mix well to combine it with the mixture. Add eggs one at a time and mix in well. Gently fold in the chopped nuts if you choose to do so. Pour into greased pans and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, or your cake will come out light browner than what you want it to be.
Cool and enjoy with a glass of milk or some ice cream!
Nutrition Fact of Bill Knapps Chocolate Cake Recipe:
Serving: 10 people
What are the benefits of Bill Knapps Chocolate Cake Recipe?
Chocolate is always the best dessert for a party or any special event. Chocolate is also known to increase the feeling of fullness when ingested, which can help you lose weight. Chocolate has been shown to lower blood pressure and cholesterol. Chocolate is filled with antioxidants and a magnesium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, and protein source.
1. To reduce calories and fat, avoid using butter and instead choose margarine or vegan butter.
2. If you like nuts and have them available, add 2/3 cup of chocolate chips and 1/3 cup nuts to your cake batter for added flavor.
3. If you do not like nuts at all, add 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract instead.
4. To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free all-purpose flour or brown rice flour, or other flour
5. This recipe takes much less time to prep and bake than other cakes because the ingredients are already pre-measured and powdered.
6. If you are a fan of this dessert and love how flaky, crusty, and crunchy the cake is, try slicing your cake in half horizontally on an angle after it has cooled down. This will give you an excellent thickness to the outside of your chocolate cake.
7. You can serve this cake with ice cream, whipped cream, or some hot chocolate sauce.
8. If you like a moist cake, don’t be surprised if the middle of your cake is not so damp because the center of the cake will still be very fluffy and light even after baked.
9. This recipe makes approximately 12 servings, depending on how big you slice your slices.
10 . Most people prefer to eat their Bill Knapps Chocolate Cake cold after it has cooled down for about an hour or so.
Best Serving Ideas for Bill Knapps Chocolate Cake Recipe:
1. This dessert is best served cold after it has cooled down for at least 30 minutes. Other ways to make this cake include chocolate sauce, whipped cream, hot milk, or ice cream.
2. If you like to warm up your cake and let it sit at room temperature (all day), cut the whole cake into bite-sized pieces and serve with a fork or spoon.
3. The chocolate melts when it touches your tongue, so enjoy it immediately after baking!
4. This recipe can be wrapped up and refrigerated for 3-4 days before serving.
5. This cake freezes well and can last up to two weeks if adequately frozen, according to the recipe author(s).
6. This recipe can be frozen in an airtight container and reheated in the oven or microwave.
7. Drizzle melted chocolate on top of your cake after it has cooled down to create a beautiful presentation.
8. If you want the cake to be crunchy and flaky, make sure that you cut your slices horizontally on an angle after they have cooled down from baking.
9. If you plan on freezing your cake, make sure that you keep it frozen until serving time.
10 . For a fun and different take on this dessert, try using crushed Oreos instead of chopped nuts.
What Should I serve with Bill Knapps Chocolate Cake Recipe?
You can serve Bill Knapps Chocolate Cake Recipe with whipped cream if you would like! You can also do it with fresh fruits, nuts, and chocolate cake. You can also try out this raspberry sauce to accompany your chocolate cake.
What Should I serve with Bill Knapps Chocolate Cake Recipe?
You can serve Bill Knapps Chocolate Cake Recipe with whipped cream if you would like! You can also do it with fresh fruits and nuts, and You can also try out this raspberry sauce to accompany your chocolate cake.
How can I store Bill Knapps Chocolate Cake Recipe?
You can store your cake in the fridge for up to three days.
For the best taste and texture, store your cake at room temperature for 3-4 hours before serving.
Bill Knapps Chocolate Cake is a simple and easy chocolate cake recipe, but it looks so beautiful when served up! The formula is quick and easy to prepare, so don’t hesitate to try it out yourself!
Side Note: The nutrition facts are based on using butter in the recipe (as indicated by the author), but you can alternatively use margarine or vegan butter. The number of calories, carbs, fat, and sodium will vary depending on what you replace the butter with.