If you’re a fan of chocolate chip cookies, you’re in for a treat today! Renowned pastry chef and baking expert Claire Saffitz has shared her ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, and we’re here to guide you through the process.
These cookies blend crispy edges and soft, chewy centres with generous gooey chocolate chips in every bite. With Claire’s expert guidance, you’ll be baking the best chocolate chip cookies you’ve ever tasted in no time!
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 12-14 minutes
- Total Time: Approximately 27-29 minutes
- Serving Size: About 24 cookies
For these delightful chocolate chip cookies, you’ll need:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (or your choice of chocolate chunks)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat Your Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats. This will prevent the cookies from sticking and ensure even baking.
- Cream the Butter and Sugars: In a large mixing bowl, cream the room-temperature unsalted butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. For this step, you can use a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or a hand mixer.
- Add the Eggs and Vanilla: Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Then, stir in the pure vanilla extract. Mixing well between each step ensures a smooth and creamy cookie dough.
- Combine Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add this dry mixture to the wet ingredients until just combined. Be careful not to overmix at this stage; you want the cookies to be tender, not tough.
- Fold in the Chocolate and Nuts: Gently fold the semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chunks) and chopped nuts. Claire’s recipe is flexible, so feel free to customise the cookies with your favourite chocolate or nuts.
- Form Cookie Dough Balls: Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, portion the dough into balls, each about 1.5 inches in diameter. Place them on the prepared baking sheets, leaving enough space between each cookie to allow for spreading during baking.
- Bake to Perfection: In the oven for 12-14 minutes or until the edges are golden but the centres are still slightly soft. Remember, cookies continue to bake slightly after leaving the oven due to residual heat, so avoid overbaking if you prefer a chewier texture.
- Cool and Enjoy: Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. This step is crucial for achieving the perfect texture.
Nutrition Fact Of Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Claire Saffitz
Why Should You Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Claire Saffitz?
The chocolate chip cookie recipe Claire Saffitz is one of the most exquisite-looking homemade chocolate chip cookies. It produces a slightly crisp exterior and soft interior that melts in your mouth.
You can make the batch smaller, but the yield will be somewhat hard to control. The recipe is short and sweet, requiring less effort than other chocolate chip cookie recipes online due to no need for eggs or baking times longer than 10 minutes.
Healthy Benefits Of Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Claire Saffitz
- It has more than half of all the recommended vitamins.
- It is a very low-calorie product due to only 234 calories per serving (1 cookie).
- This recipe also reduces cholesterol and saturated fat.
- It is high in fiber, iron, and calcium (chloride), with just 27 grams for every 100-gram serving, making it one of the most nutritious cookies on the market today.
- It is also rich in protein and healthy magnesium, potassium, and sodium (salt) source.
- It does not contain trans fat.
How to Freeze Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Claire Saffitz?
Serve with milk or milk instead of ice cream if that is your preference. Freeze individual cookies in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
To freeze the entire batch, wrap them in plastic and store them in a freezer bag (this will prevent the cookies from sticking together). Re-heat in a 300-degree F (150 C) oven for about 10 minutes.
How Can I Tell If Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Claire Saffitz Is Done?
Fully baked chocolate chip cookies are light in color and slightly puffed up. The outside of the cookie should also be firm when done yet soft on the inside.
A small crack may be present on top, but it will not have spread. The minimum baking time is 7 minutes.
What are the Options to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Claire Saffitz?
You can also substitute icing sugar for plain sugar. Zucchini can also be used instead of pumpkins. The cookie dough is versatile and can be used as a base for many other recipes.
Try substituting the vanilla extract with lemon or lime. You can add nuts or other ingredients like crushed pineapple, banana, or other fruits. For example, you can add chopped apples, raisins, and nuts.
Using a stand mixer to achieve a well-mixed cookie dough is best. Not only will this result in the evenest flavor and texture, but you will also save time and energy.
For any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. Please enjoy this recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Claire Saffitz and save it on Pinterest for later.