Do you like chocolate chip cookies but want a healthier alternative? Look no further! In this article, we will introduce you to a fast and easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe with Oat Flour that is not only delicious but also nutritious.
Say goodbye to guilt and indulge in these mouthwatering treats without compromising your health. Let’s dive into the details!
How to make a Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe with Oat Flour?
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oat flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Stir until a dough forms.
- Gently fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded portions of dough onto the prepared baking sheet using a cookie scoop or tablespoon.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your delicious and healthy chocolate chip cookies with oat flour!
Each serving of these chocolate chip cookies made with oat flour contains approximately:
- Calories: 150
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 8g
These chocolate chip cookies can be enjoyed in various ways. Here are a few serving ideas:
- Serve them warm with a glass of almond milk for a comforting treat.
- Add a scoop of your favourite dairy-free ice cream between two cookies to make cookie sandwiches.
- Crush the cookies and sprinkle them over a bowl of yoghurt for a crunchy and indulgent breakfast.
By using oat flour instead of refined wheat flour, these cookies offer several health benefits:
- Oat flour is rich in fibre, which aids in digestion and helps keep you feeling fuller for longer.
- Coconut oil used in this recipe is a healthy source of medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) that provide energy.
- Using coconut sugar instead of refined sugar adds a touch of sweetness without causing drastic blood sugar spikes.
- Dark chocolate chips contain antioxidants and can help improve heart health.
Can I substitute the coconut oil with another type of oil?
Yes, you can use melted butter or a neutral-flavoured oil like avocado oil as a substitute for coconut oil.
Can I use regular all-purpose flour instead of oat flour?
A: Yes, you can use all-purpose flour, but remember that oat flour adds more fibre and nutrients to the cookies.
Can I freeze the cookie dough?
Absolutely! You can portion the dough and freeze it for later use. Just make sure to thaw it before baking.
Indulging in delicious treats doesn’t have to mean compromising your health. This Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe with Oat Flour allows you to enjoy the classic goodness of chocolate chip cookies while incorporating healthier ingredients.
With simple instructions and readily available ingredients, you can whip up a batch of these cookies quickly. So, go ahead and satisfy your sweet tooth with these delectable and nutritious treats!