Chocolate Crumb Cake Recipe is a recipe that is a rich, chocolatey, and moist cake. This cake will become an absolute favorite with your family and friends.
I made this for my family over Christmas and it was well-received. This is one of the best recipes to make for a holiday or special occasion.
What is Chocolate Crumb Cake?
This cake is made with layers of chocolate cake and a crumb layer. The crumb layer is made of chocolate cake crumbs, and they are mixed with melted semi-sweet chocolate to form the crumb mixture. This method delivers a light, rich texture that is well-balanced by the heavy cocoa flavour.
The recipe also uses cocoa powder (not icing) in some parts as a topping on top of the two layers of cake. The cocoa powder adds another flavour to this moist and chocolatey dessert.
The cake is also not too sweet and perfect for those chocolate lovers. This cake is worth making if you are looking for a chocolate dessert with good texture and flavour.
How to make Chocolate Crumb Cake Recipe?
- Prepare Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Total time: 45 Minutes
- Yield: 10 servings
For the cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
For the crumb topping:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your broiler to 350°F (175°C). Oil an 8×8-inch baking dish with a non-stick cooking shower.
- In an enormous blending bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking pop, and salt until very much joined.
- Whisk together the water, vegetable oil, vanilla concentrate, and white vinegar in a different blending bowl until very much joined.
- Add the wet fixings to the dry fixings and mix until recently joined. Be mindful so as not to overmix the player.
- Pour the cake player into the pre-arranged baking dish and spread it out equitably.
- Consolidate the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, liquefied margarine, and vanilla concentrate in a different blending bowl to make the scrap beating. Utilize a fork or your hands to blend the fixings until a brittle surface is accomplished.
- Sprinkle the morsel besting over the cake player, covering the whole surface.
- Bake the cake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick in the middle confesses everything.
- Remove the cake from the broiler and let it cool in the baking dish for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts of Chocolate Crumb Cake Recipe
Here are the surmised nourishment realities for one serving (accepting the recipe yields nine servings):
|All out Fat||16g|
|All out Carbs||55g|
If it’s not too much trouble, note that these assessments may differ in light of the particular fixings utilized and the serving size.
Serving ideas for Chocolate Crumb Cake Recipe
- Serve this cake lukewarm. It is best served when it is cool.
- Serve with a glass of milk or hot chocolate for a great indulgence!
- Other menu suggestions include strawberry ice cream or whipped cream on the side.
- Make this recipe during the holidays because it will please any chocolate lover!
- This recipe can be made up to two days in advance and refrigerated until serving time.
- Try to make this recipe as individual servings and top it with a scoop of ice cream, whipped cream, and a cherry for an amazing dessert!
Tips & Techniques:
- This cake can be made up to two days in advance and refrigerated until serving time.
- This cake is great because it only takes one mixing bowl to make. This makes it a very easy dessert to make, and clean-up is not too bad either!
- To save time, use a pre-cooked cake mix.
- This recipe can also be made with 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, and 1 1/2 cups of water instead.
- If you want a smoother crumb topping, you can make it by hand or put it in the food processor and pulse it up to make the crumb more consistent and less sticky.
The chocolate crumb cake is a perfect dessert for any occasion. If you are looking for chocolate cake recipes, this is the best recipe you can make. This is the perfect dessert recipe to make on Valentine’s Day and Christmas when it comes to chocolate desserts!
The Chocolate Crumb Cake recipe is a delicious dessert option for chocolate lovers. The recipe is easy to follow and includes common ingredients in most kitchens. However, the nutrition facts indicate that the cake is relatively high in calories and sugar, so it should be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
I hope you enjoy making this recipe for your family and friends as much as my family does. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the comment section below.
How Long Does This Cake Last?
This cake is meant for parties and celebrations. Therefore, it lasts longer if you serve it in small pieces as a main dish instead of a whole serving. It also lasts longer if you refrigerate it completely before serving.
What Is The Difference Between White Vinegar And Apple Cider Vinegar? Can I Use Both In This Recipe?
White vinegar is made of water, oil, and alcohol. The water acts as a solvent to lower the acerbic bitterness of apple cider vinegar. Therefore, it will not affect the flavor of the cake. The apple cider vinegar will bring out more of the lemony flavour in the cake.
What Is The Best Pan To Use For This Recipe?
It is best to use a round or square pan with sides at least 2 inches high. The sides of the pan should not be more than 1 inch high. It helps by preventing the burning of the cake, and it also helps prevent the bottom from becoming too dark and burnt.
What Is A Crumb Topping?
A crumb topping is a mixture of flour, sugar, and butter used to sprinkle on a dessert like a cake or pie. The desserts are usually better when the crumb topping brings out the flavour in the main dish.
There are different types of toppings for different types of desserts. Some topping recipes use large crumbs, some use mini crumbs, and others include large pieces of butter or margarine.
What Should I Do To Prevent My Cake From Being Burnt?
The recipe says to bake the cake on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees F. Ensure that the oven is preheated before putting the dish in. The cake will likely stay in for 35-40 minutes.
Although there is no specific time indicated after which you should take the cake out, a good rule of thumb is that if you take it out too early, it will still be raw even after cooling. If you leave it in for too long, it might burn.