The chocolate Dump Cake Recipe is a dessert recipe with a traditional chocolate cake base. It is the perfect way to end a celebration or welcome friends and family home.
It doesn’t take long to make; we will surely make all your guests happy. The Dump Cake Recipe is a favorite of many people, and its simple ingredients make it easy to see why. You’ll be surprised once you try the Chocolate Dump Cake Recipe.
In the blog post, I will share how to make the Chocolate Dump Cake with step-by-step pictures.
What is Chocolate Dump Cake Recipe?
The Chocolate Dump Cake Recipe is a delicious dessert recipe originating in the United States. It is a simple cake made with all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, and an assortment of chocolate chips.
The batter has to be poured on top of a layer of butter and brown sugar and then topped with even more chocolate chips. This simple dessert can be made in any number of ways, depending on what kind of ingredients you have available.
Some of the most popular additions include butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, vanilla extract, walnuts, and pecans.
How to make Chocolate Dump Cake Recipe?
- Prepare Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1h 10 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Let the melted butter sit at room temperature for five minutes. Mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, or water to create a smooth paste. Add the melted butter and mix well with a wooden spoon. Add the baking soda and baking powder.
Grease a 9” x 5” cake pan and pour batter into the pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top evenly. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes clean. Cover the plate with aluminum foil and allow it to cool completely before slicing.
Slice the Cake with a serrated knife, in thin strips at an angle, or a comb for easier cutting into pieces or bars.
Serve Chocolate Dump Cake Recipe with Ice Cream, Hot Tea, or Coffee.
Always read the label before you eat or drink anything! We do not guarantee that the information on this blog is 100% correct and accurate to be true at all points in time. If you see any mistakes, please get in touch with us immediately. We are human, also.
Everything on this blog is opinions and should not be taken as literal facts. Always read the label before you eat or drink anything!
Serving ideas for Chocolate Dump Cake Recipe
- To make the Chocolate Dump Cake into a Slice Cake, slice the cake horizontally instead of vertically.
- For a more “organized” design, use one layer of chocolate chips then follow with a layer of butterscotch or chocolate chips. Then add another layer of chocolate chips and repeat until your pan is full and has no leftover batter.
- You can also use leftover batter and make bars by cutting the slices in half and discarding or eating the reserved batter pieces.
- Serve this delicious Chocolate Dump Cake Recipe with friends and family. Also, it is an excellent dessert for kids to enjoy.
- The Chocolate Dump Cake Recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for at least one week.
- You can use different chocolates, such as butterscotch or peanut butter, instead of chocolate chips for extra flavor and taste!
- You can make an icebox cake by layering the refrigerated leftovers with fresh whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and more chocolate chips.
- This Chocolate Dump Cake Recipe is also a great dessert for potlucks or gatherings to satisfy all your guest’s sweet tooth!
- Chocolate Dump Cake Recipe makes a fantastic after-school snack for kids to enjoy with friends or to take in their lunch boxes!
Nutrition Facts of Chocolate Dump Cake Recipe
|Calories from Fat||188|
Healthy benefits of Chocolate Dump Cake Recipe
- The Chocolate Dump Cake Recipe is an excellent source of antioxidants, potassium, and several other vitamins!
- Antioxidants keep your body free from free radicals and help you to fight against the formation of tumors and cancer.
- Potassium helps in keeping your heart and kidneys healthy. It also protects against osteoporosis and other diseases associated with kyphosis.
- The Chocolate Dump Cake Recipe helps develop your skin and hair properly as it is a good source of calcium.
- Calcium also helps build strong teeth and bones!
- The Chocolate Dump Cake Recipe provides enough vitamin A, which helps develop your eyes and contributes to your overall vision health. It also helps in improving night vision.
The Chocolate Dump Cake Recipe is a great dessert that’s simple to make and will satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth. It also has a great combination of flavors and tastes. All you have to do is follow the steps carefully. I hope you like it!
Is there a substitute for cocoa powder?
There is no substitute for cocoa powder because it adds a specific taste to the recipe. However, if you are allergic to cocoa or chocolate, you can use vanilla extract or water instead of cocoa powder.
Is this a Family-Friendly recipe?
Yes, The Chocolate Dump Cake Recipe is definitely family-friendly, and will be enjoyed not only by children but also by adults who are in love with sweet desserts!