Chocolate Ice Cream Bar Recipe is a good dessert item you can always enjoy. Many easy-to-find ingredients are listed in this recipe, and it is also not very time-consuming.
All you have to do is mix the ingredients and make them into a square brownie crust. Once that’s done, fill the crust with your choice’s chocolate ice cream mixture and add another layer.
The blog post has a recipe for the chocolate ice cream mixture. You can make it yourself or use an ice cream store’s vanilla ice cream.
I bought all the ingredients and made the chocolate mixture home before making the Brownie Crusts in the video.
How to make Chocolate Ice Cream Bar Recipe?
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
- Servings per recipe: 32 bars
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups Dutch process cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract plus 1 tablespoon water ¾ cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda
Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl until well combined. Set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and lightly oil a 13×9 baking pan.
Spread the Chocolate Cookie Crust evenly in the baking pan and bake for 10 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and let cool completely before filling with chocolate mixture.
Fill the cooled crust with a chocolate mixture. Top with the second layer of the chocolate mixture and freeze for at least 2 hours. Cut into 32 squares and store in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Chill the chocolate mixture before spreading it into the pan.
- If you use a store-bought ice cream, use a premium brand such as Ben & Jerry’s or Häagen-Dazs. First, let the ice cream soften at room temperature until it is spreadable.
- You can substitute cocoa powder with melted chocolate if you prefer it to be fudgy, but this will alter the recipe significantly and change its texture.
- You can substitute chocolate chips for cocoa powder if you prefer it to be less fudgy.
- You can buy a chocolate cookie crust from your local supermarket.
- You can substitute all-purpose flour with self-rising flour, but know that the result will be quite different, so it is best to keep the recipe as is unless you want the bars to be quite dry and crumbly.
Nutrition facts of Chocolate Ice Cream Bar Recipe
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||32 g|
Serving ideas for Chocolate Ice Cream Bar
- Enjoy as is by spreading it with a bar of chocolate.
- Dip into hot fudge sauce and enjoy plain or with toppings.
- Roll in crushed nuts for a crunchy snack.
- Use to make smoothies, milkshakes, and ice cream sundaes.
- Serve as dessert sandwiches.
- Coat the ice cream bar with the chocolate and make it into a bar of cookie dough and refrigerate for about an hour or so before serving.
- Roll the chocolate mixture into balls before dipping them in melted chocolate and serve with toppings such as nuts or candy coating as a party dessert.
If you love chocolate, you will love this dessert item! The recipe for the ice cream is quite easy to follow, and it does not have a long list of ingredients.
The preparation is simple, the steps are easy to follow, and the result is well worth the wait. You can have this as a snack or for a party with your friends and family. The dessert item you will get from this recipe is worth it.
I hope you will try this Chocolate Ice Cream Bar Recipe and enjoy it. Please feel free to leave a comment or question below.
What is Chocobar ice cream made of?
There is a very short list of ingredients. Some of the ingredients that are included are cocoa powder, eggs, and vanilla extract. The process is simple; you must mix the ingredients in a large bowl until combined well. It does not take too long to make this dessert item either.
What kind of chocolate bars use for making Chocobar ice cream?
Chocolate bars are used to create the ice cream bar you will have. There are many types of chocolate bars; you can use regular, dark, and milk chocolate due to their texture. You can also make your own by using a dark chocolate chip mixture or dipping pretzels in melted tempered dark chocolate instead of a store-bought one.
What is a chocolate-covered ice cream bar called?
You can call them chocolate ice cream bars. The term “chocolate-covered ice cream bar” is used for the dessert item made with chocolate ice cream and covered in chocolate.
Are there any recipes for homemade Chocobar?
You can make your chocolate by using store-bought ingredients and instructions. You must ensure you get the baking pan to follow the instructions properly.
Are Chocobar ice cream bars considered healthy?
Chocolate ice cream bars are not considered healthy as they have a lot of sugar added to the recipe. They are high in fat and contain many preservatives but are still very much delicious.
How do you set up an ice cream bar?
It would help if you used an ice cream bar maker to create the chocolate-covered ice cream bars. You must also fill it with the ice cream mixture and freeze it for at least 2 hours. You can use a store-bought ice cream bar maker or make your one using aluminum foil and letting it set in the freezer overnight.
How much do Chocobar ice cream bars cost?
The price of these dessert items can vary from one brand to another. The price also depends on the ingredients you choose and the baking pan you have for making them.