Chocolate Shavings Ice Cream Recipe Is a Tasty Dessert for Any Occasion. Craving a simple, easy, and delicious dessert recipe?
This chocolate shavings ice cream is just what you need to satisfy that sweet tooth. It is quick, easy, and can be prepared with items found around the house.
This is one of the best chocolate shavings ice cream recipes. You can use chocolate syrup to prepare this delicious dessert recipe and make it even more special.
What Is Chocolate Shavings Ice Cream Recipe?
Chocolate shavings ice cream is an easy-to-make ice cream recipe that makes use of ingredients around the house. It is simple to prepare and can be done with the preparation in less than 30 minutes.
This recipe is popular when you have unexpected guests at home or when unexpected company drops by. This chocolate shavings ice cream is not just tasty but can also be prepared within a short period.
How long is it To Prepare Time?
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: Approximately 4 hours and 25 minutes (including chilling and freezing time)
- Serving size: This recipe makes about 1 quart (4 cups) of ice cream, which can serve approximately eight servings (½ cup each).
How To Make Chocolate Shavings Ice Cream Recipe?
Chocolate Shavings Ice Cream Recipe is prepared with items found around the house. All you need to do is prepare these ingredients, mix them, and put them in the freezer.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped or grated
- In a medium saucepan, combine the heavy cream and whole milk. Place the saucepan over medium heat and heat the mixture until it simmers. Remove from heat.
- Whisk the granulated sugar and egg yolks in a separate bowl until well combined and slightly thickened.
- Slowly pour about half of the hot cream mixture into the egg yolk mixture while whisking continuously. This helps temper the eggs and prevent them from curdling. Then, pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining cream mixture.
- Place the saucepan back on the stove over low heat. Cook the mixture, stirring constantly, until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon. This should take about 5-7 minutes. Be careful not to let the mixture boil.
- Once the mixture has thickened, please remove it from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Let the mixture cool to room temperature, then cover it and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- After the mixture has chilled, pour it into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions until it reaches a soft-serve consistency.
- While the ice cream is churning, prepare the chocolate shavings. You can finely chop the chocolate or use a grater to create shavings.
- When the ice cream has reached the desired consistency, add the chocolate shavings and continue churning for another minute or until the shavings are evenly distributed.
- Transfer the ice cream to a lidded container and freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Serve the chocolate shavings ice cream in bowls or cones, and enjoy!
How to Serve Chocolate Shavings Ice Cream Recipe?
It is best served when you have company over for a small party at home or an impromptu movie night.
You can also try other variations of this recipe. You can substitute the vanilla for chocolate syrup, crushed Oreos for chocolate shavings, and sprinkle them on top of the ice cream. Walnuts and butterscotch chips are also great additions to this recipe.
- Use good quality cocoa to get an intense dark color when melted and stirred with water. Using cheap grade cocoa, your mixture will not have that intense dark color that makes it look delicious.
- If you use chocolate syrup, use one with a real chocolate flavor, not just artificial.
- You can even have fun by creating your mix-ins. You can add other flavors such as orange or almond and nuts. The possibilities are endless.
- You can also add some cookie dough for a special treat for the kids.
Nutritional Value of Chocolate Shavings Ice Cream Recipe
|Saturated fat||16.96 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||40.35 g|
8 Amazing Healthy benefits of Chocolate Shavings Ice Cream Recipe
1. Improve Mood
Chocolate is linked to the release of feel-good chemicals in the brain, such as serotonin and endorphins. These neurotransmitters can improve Mood and make you happier or even euphoric.
2. Promotes Weight Loss
Chocolate is rich in cocoa with flavonoids, minerals, and other nutrients that are highly beneficial for your heart health and can help your body maintain a healthy weight.
3. Improve Bone and Muscle Health
Chocolate contains magnesium, calcium, potassium, and phosphorus, which help maintain healthy bones and muscles. This can prevent cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, and sports injuries.
4. Improve Immunity
Cocoa is a rich source of antioxidants that can improve the immune system, especially during cold and flu season. It also contains B vitamins which assist in the production of white blood cells and antibodies, which can help your body fight off harmful viruses.
5. Improve Brain Function
Chocolate is rich in antioxidants that help to improve brain function and protect your nerves. It also contains a substance called catechins which can improve brain function and improve overall health.
6. Reduce Inflammation
Cocoa can help reduce inflammation, relieve pain, and suppress the activity of the immune system, which can help with conditions such as osteoarthritis, dental ailments, chronic pain, migraines, and fibromyalgia.
7. Improve Vision
Cocoa contains flavonoids that can help prevent age-related macular degeneration, cataracts, and glaucoma. It also helps prevent eye infections and boosts the eyes’ sensitivity to light.
8. Improve Mood
Exposure to chocolate can trigger the release of feel-good chemicals in the brain, such as serotonin and endorphins. These neurotransmitters can improve Mood and make you happier or even euphoric.
What is in death by chocolate ice cream?
Chocolate ice cream contains cocoa butter. It has a buttery consistency and can give the ice cream a very sweet and rich taste. The chocolate syrup is made from sugar, water, and cocoa powder. It is a very sweet and thick syrup used to pour on top of the ice cream when serving.
Chocolate Shavings Ice Cream Recipe is a delicious recipe that will satisfy your cravings for something sweet without spending too much time in the kitchen. It is easy and quick to prepare.
This recipe will be a great hit among the kids, who will surely ask for more when served with their favorite toppings and desserts.
People love this recipe because it can be prepared in a short period, and it is so delicious that only one serving is not enough. You will surely want to have more of this amazing treat.