Chocolate Stampede Recipe is a recipe to make a delicious cake with chocolate and raspberry filling. Follow the instructions carefully to get the best results.
Chocolate Stampede Recipe is a recipe for vanilla cake with raspberry jam and chocolate ganache filling. If you like this sweet treat, you should also check out our other recipes, such as Chocolate Cake or Raspberry Mousse Cake.
The main ingredients are flour, eggs, walnuts, baking powder, and cocoa powder. The quantities of the main ingredients are provided in the below table.
What Is Chocolate Stampede Recipe?
Chocolate Stampede Recipe is a famous recipe in Australia. The name originated from the Stampede when drivers would drive their cattle through the streets of Sydney. This cake is also known as ‘Stampede.’ Chocolate Stampede Cake Recipe.
Preparing chocolate Stampede cake is so simple that it takes hardly any time to complete the job. All you need to do is whisk the ingredients together and bake it in a preheated oven at 350 F for 30 to 35 minutes.
How to Make Chocolate Stampede Recipe?
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups plain chocolate chips or chunks, melted and cooled slightly.
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam (preferably homemade)Garnish:
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chocolate shavings.
Mix melted chocolate chips with 1 tsp of cocoa powder in a small bowl. Set aside for coating the top of the cake later on. Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
In a separate mixing bowl, beat melted butter with sugar until well combined and fluffy. Gradually add the egg, vanilla, and chocolate-chocolate chips.
Beat well to incorporate into the mixture. Slowly mix the flour into the batter and beat for about 5 minutes on low speed (for about 5 minutes in a mixer).
Take ¼ cup of the batter and put it into a small bowl. Add ¼ cup of raspberries to it and stir gently. Layer the chocolate cake batter into an 8 or 9-inch round baking pan, followed by the raspberry mixture, then the chocolate cake batter and another layer of the raspberry mixture (on top).
Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for 30 to 35 minutes until the top of the cake is crusty yet soft in the center. Let cool on a wire rack. Once the cake has cooled, melt the chocolate (to drizzle on top). Remove from the pan and drizzle on top.
The chocolate Stampede Recipe can be served on special occasions such as birthdays and Christmas. However, it is so delicious that you will probably eat it for every occasion or even serve it for a quiet afternoon snack.
How Loge Will it Take To prepare?
- Prepare Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Bake Time: 30 minutes
- Servies: 8 to 10 persons
Nutrition Fact Of Chocolate Stampede Recipe
Is the chocolate stampede discontinued?
No, chocolate Stampede is not discontinued. It is just not as popular as it was in the past. It may be difficult to find some of the ingredients used to make it due to its popularity.
Where can I find Chocolate Stampede Recipe?
You can find chocolate stampede recipes at Snacks Recipes and Breakfast Recipes. Find a wide range of recipes that are updated regularly.
Do You Have Any Other Cooking Tips to share?
1. Make sure you have oiled the tin because this cake is notorious for sticking to the tin.
2. Make sure that the ingredients are at room temperature before putting them together in a mixer because it will make mixing easier.
3. Adding cocoa powder to melted chocolate chips and butter makes it easier to coat the top of the cake with chocolate shavings.
4. If you find this recipe tedious, you can try using store-bought chocolate chip cake batter as a base and add your hint of chocolate.
5. This recipe is best with raspberry jam, but you can use any jam you like.
6. This recipe comprises basic ingredients, with just a few additions to give an interesting taste to the dessert.
7. You can make the filling ahead before making the cake and refrigerate it until ready to use.
Chocolate Stampede Cake Recipe is a must-try recipe. This is a very good cake recipe that everyone would love to have. You can make it in a larger batch and store the rest for future use. Just remember to check the ingredients and add those that you will not find easily at your home.