Cook’s Country Chocolate Eclair Cake Recipe is a decadent dessert with layers of thick chocolate cake, fluffy vanilla filling, and a crunchy sugar topping.
This recipe requires some kitchen work, but you’ll be rewarded with a special and indulgent treat. Be sure to follow the instructions for chilling the cake properly so you can use it to make clean cuts when serving.
How to make Cook’s Country Chocolate Eclair Cake Recipe?
- Prepare Time: 1.5 hours
- Bake Time: 30-35 minutes
- Serving size: 16 servings
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus 2 tablespoons, melted, for the pan
- 1 1/2 cups (7 1/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups (6 ounces) Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (not shown) (not shown) pinch of salt 1 cup sugar (for the cake) + 1 to 2 tablespoons for dusting the finished cake (for the crumb topping) (for the cake)
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk at room temperature (for the cake)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs at room temperature
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13 by 9-inch baking pan with 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl; set aside.
In the bowl of a stand, mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add buttermilk, vanilla extract, and eggs with the mixer running on medium speed. Mix until incorporated.
Add flour mixture in 2 additions alternating with 1/2 cup of buttermilk; mix to combine after each addition until smooth (the batter will be thick).
Pour batter into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 35 minutes. Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
Melt remaining 2/3 cup butter; cool until warm, about 5 minutes. Brush the top of the cooled cake with 1/2 cup of melted butter (so it doesn’t dry out while you work on the next steps). The cake will be sticky.
Wipe the baking pan with a cloth or paper towel. Spread 1 cup of vanilla-flavored powdered sugar on a cooling rack. Using an offset spatula, spread 1/4 cup butter over the top of the cake in an even layer. Let sit for about 5 minutes until the cake absorbs most of the frosting.
Spread the remaining frosting over the top and sides of the cake using an offset spatula and another sheet of paper towel to absorb excess butter. Sprinkle edges with remaining powdered sugar.
Place the cooling rack with the cake over a piece of parchment paper. Using an offset spatula, spread softened butter over the top of the cake. Break up the remaining frosting into small pieces and scatter them on top of the cake. Sprinkle with decorative sugar. Cover with foil; let sit at room temperature for 1 hour to allow the frosting to set.
- Divide servings evenly among individual plates or forks (you can use a scale or ruler).
- To store, wrap the cooled cake in plastic wrap and freeze it for up to 1 month. The cake will get stale if left out at room temperature.
Serving Ideas for Cook’s Country Chocolate Eclair Cake Recipe
- Frost with a Chocolate Ganache Frosting, and serve with Coffee Fudge Sauce
- Serve with whipped cream (you can omit the topping for a traditional eclair)
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, or both.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream and sprinkles on top or even caramel sauce!
- Serve alongside a Key Lime Pie for a special combination.
- Serve with fresh raspberries and whipped cream
- Serve with strawberries and whipped cream
- Serve with grilled chicken, topped with gravy, for an elegant meal!
- Serve alongside a cup of coffee for an indulgent dessert after a meal!
- Serve alongside a scoop of vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce, chocolate syrup, and cinnamon on top.
Nutrition Fact of Cook’s Country Chocolate Eclair Cake Recipe
|Total Fat||11 g,|
|Saturated Fat||7 g,|
|Total Carbohydrates||32 g,|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Cook’s Country Chocolate Eclair Cake Recipe is a luxurious dessert with creamy vanilla filling and a crunchy sugar topping. This recipe will be easy to follow using a large pan and the right tools. This cake is best eaten on the day it is made. This recipe will also freeze well (in case you need to store it for later or for traveling) and defrosts easily.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Cook’s Country Chocolate Eclair Cake! For more great recipes, check out our homepage!
Can I freeze Cook’s Country Chocolate Eclair Cake Recipe?
This recipe will last for one month when frozen. You can also freeze the apricot jam and frosting separately before assembling.
What is Cook’s Country Chocolate Eclair Cake Recipe made out of?
Cook’s Country Chocolate Eclair Cake Recipe is a delicious dessert made with layers of cake, filling, and a crunchy topping. This recipe uses cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour. This recipe uses ingredients like buttermilk, vanilla extract, and butter.
Whipped cream, fresh berries, or chocolate syrup may accompany this cake! This cake is best eaten on the day of its making or the same day of the assembly.
What is chocolate eclair cake made of?
Cook’s Country Chocolate Eclair Cake Recipe is a dessert that consists of layers of cake, filling, and a topping. This cake has different ingredients, such as cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and vanilla extract. Buttermilk may be used to moisten the cake
Is cook’s country chocolate eclair cake healthy?
This would still depend on how you make your recipe for Cook’s Country Chocolate Eclair Cake Recipe. You could choose a healthier version by choosing lower calorie or fat ingredients. Other considerations would be the type of oil used to fry the cake and whether you use an oil high in polyunsaturated fats, such as canola oil which can affect cholesterol levels.