Indulge your sweet tooth with this rich and creamy chocolate ice cream made right at home in your Cuisinart ice cream maker.
All you need is a handful of simple ingredients like heavy cream, milk, sugar and chocolate to create a truly decadent frozen dessert.
The Cuisinart makes quick work of the ice cream base and churns out perfectly smooth, scoopable ice cream in under 30 minutes. Keep reading for the easy recipe along with nutrition information.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine cream, milk and sugar in Cuisinart bowl
- Insert churn blade and turn on
- Heat until hot but not boiling, about 10 minutes
- Add chocolate and blend 1 minute to melt
- Add vanilla and blend 30 seconds more
- Turn off machine and chill base until cold, 2-3 hours
- Turn on machine and churn 25-30 minutes
- Transfer ice cream to container and freeze 2 hours before serving
|Amount Per Serving
Tips for Success
- Use good quality chocolate for best flavor
- Let base chill completely before churning
- Eat within 2 weeks for best texture
- Top with chocolate sauce, nuts or whipped cream
- Sandwich between cookies for ice cream sandwiches
- Enjoy in a bowl, cone or milkshake
This chocolate lover’s delight is sure to become your new go-to homemade ice cream. So rich, creamy and smooth – no one will believe how easy it is to make with the Cuisinart ice cream maker.