The diabetic Hot Chocolate Recipe is an excellent idea for the colder months. Rich, creamy, and chocolaty will satisfy any chocolate lover without wrecking their blood sugar. It’s also ideal for anyone with diabetes because the recipe is lower carb and higher protein than traditional chocolate. So, do you know How to make Diabetic Hot Chocolate Recipe? Don’t worry. See this article.
What is Diabetic Hot Chocolate?
Diabetic Hot Chocolate is a beverage with a rich, creamy center. It has been made for centuries, and its name is derived from making it in a unique coffee pot called a “chocolate pot.” It can be made with various flavors like Vanilla, Hazelnut, and Caramel.
How to make Diabetic Hot Chocolate Recipe?
- Prepare Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Serves: 1 serving
The ingredients for making this recipe are:
- 3 1/2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups of low-fat milk or soy milk. You may also use almond milk.
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of sugar substitutes like sucralose/stevia or Splenda.
- For more flavor, add more sugar substitutes as per your taste.
In a coffee pot or saucepan, heat the medium-high heat on the stove with some water, milk, and cocoa powder. Add 1 tbsp of sugar substitute and mix well.
Let this mixture boil for 30 – 60 seconds, then turn off the stove; once it boils, remove it from the heat and add vanilla extract.
Pour your glass of milk and Diploma Select Sugar-free hot chocolate mix into the glass. Add a few ice cubes to the glass.
Sprinkle with caramel bits or hazelnuts on top of the glass, depending on what flavor you want to make. If you want more flavor, add more sugar substitutes according to your taste.
The delicious Diabetic Hot Chocolate is ready and served.
If you like this information about Diabetic Hot Chocolate Recipe, please vote for it. You will have more chances to get the information you are looking for.
Nutrition Facts of Diabetic Hot Chocolate Recipe
Serving ideas for Diabetic Hot Chocolate Recipe
1. It is the best drink for breakfast. Please put it in your refrigerator overnight. It will be a nice chilled drink for the morning.
2. It is delicious with ice cream or sprinkle some cinnamon or chocolate on top of your glass like a chocolate sundae.
3. It can be frozen into popsicles and served as a healthy dessert for kids and adults.
4. It can be consumed as hot chocolate while watching TV or reading a book on a cold day.
5. You can add sugar-free vanilla pudding powder to Diabetic Hot Chocolate Recipe to make it more creamy and delicious.
6. You can add chunks of semi-sweet chocolate to Diabetic Hot Chocolate Recipe and make it a chocolate sundae.
7. Add bananas to your glass of Diabetic Hot Chocolate Recipe to make it healthier and more nutritious.
8. You can add low-carb syrup or sugar and cream with some heavy whipping cream to your glass of Diabetic Hot Chocolate Recipe for a beautiful treat!
9. Add nut meat to Diabetic Hot Chocolate like hazelnuts, pecans, almonds, or cashew nuts for more flavors as per your taste.
10. You can add ice cubes to your glass of Diabetic Hot Chocolate Recipe to make it more refreshing and cold.
Why is Diabetic Hot Chocolate?
Diabetic Hot Chocolate is a drink made using sugar substitutes to make it low in carbohydrates. Sugar substitutes are sweeteners used to replace the natural sugar in food and beverages. The Diabetic Hot Chocolate Recipe will not affect your blood sugar levels. Hence, consuming the drink has no adverse effects for those with diabetes or hypoglycemia.
Why do you need Diabetic Hot Chocolate Recipe?
The diabetic Hot Chocolate Recipe is a great treat for those who have trouble handling sugar due to diabetes or hypoglycemia. It has many health benefits compared to other drinks and food items because it has low carbs, low fat, and high protein, making it ideal for weight loss programs.
Another great advantage of making this Diabetic Hot Chocolate Recipe is that you can add sugar substitutes according to your choice. Some sugar substitutes include artificial sweeteners, stevia, and sucralose, which are all-natural, don’t contain calories, and are high in fiber.
Where do you get it?
The ingredients to make this Diabetic Hot Chocolate Recipe can be found easily in almost any grocery store. You can also purchase them online as well.
Tips for making the Diabetic Hot Chocolate Recipe:
- You might need some help to make this Diabetic Hot Chocolate Recipe. Watch this video on YouTube to learn how to make it.
- If you want the drink to be thinner, add fewer sweeteners (sugar substitutes) and blend well to become smooth.
- The syrup with which you make the drink is an optional ingredient. You can also just use water, but if you have naturally sweet coffee, using the syrup will also give a nice flavor.
- Don’t let the mixture boil once it is hot; add a sugar substitute. This will make the drink bitter.
- You can also use nonfat milk in your drink to make it lower in calories as well as carbs and fat.
Why is Diabetic Hot Chocolate high in carbohydrates?
This Diabetic Hot Chocolate Recipe has low carbs and high-protein content, which makes it a great snack option for those with diabetes or hypoglycemia, and it also fits into various weight loss programs.
However, suppose you are trying to eliminate carbohydrates from your diet. In that case, there are other options available for you, like the Diabetic Hot Chocolate powder, which is a mix of unsweetened chocolate and sunflower oil. You can add it to your coffee or tea or even plain water.
The Diabetic Hot Chocolate recipe is a great treat for those who have trouble handling sugar due to diabetes or hypoglycemia. It has many health benefits compared to other drinks and food items because it has low carbs, low fat, and high protein, making it ideal for weight loss programs.
I hope that you enjoyed this article. If you like this recipe, please share it and rate it. You will have more chances to get the information you are looking for if you vote for the article.