Double Chocolate Coca Cola Cake Recipe is a cake recipe with a triple chocolate punch. One of the recipes uses Coca-Cola Classic, but you can use Diet Coke or another cola beverage to add an extra hint of carbonation, doubling the taste.
The main ingredient is cocoa powder, which adds a chocolate flavor to the cake. You’ll also notice a hint of vanilla in the cake too.
How to make Double Chocolate Coca Cola Cake Recipe?
- prepare time: 20 mins,
- Total time: 25 mins,
- Serves 12,
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 10 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Coca-Cola Classic, room temperature (or another cola beverage)
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease three 9-inch round cake pans with nonstick spray.
Step 2. Set aside the cocoa, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
Step 3. Mix the eggs, melted chocolate, and vegetable oil with a hand mixer until smooth.
Step 4. Add the sugar, vanilla extract, and Coca-Cola Classic in three additions to the cocoa mixture; stir in. Stir until combined.
Step 5. Divide the batter into three bowls; add the cocoa powder to one bowl and the flour mixture to the second. Add the soda mixture to the third bowl and mix until combined.
Step 6. Pour two-thirds of the batter into each prepared cake pan; spread evenly, careful not to flatten it. Bake for 23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes clean.
Pouring & Decorating:
Step 7. Allow the cake to cool in pans for 10 minutes. Invert onto wire racks and cool completely.
Step 8. Peel off the parchment paper and place one cake layer on a plate. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the applesauce over it, spreading evenly.
Step 9. Repeat with two more layers and then top with the remaining layer. Spread cream cheese frosting over the top and sides of the cake using a spatula or butter knife.
Step 10. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Nutrition facts Double Chocolate Coca-Cola Cake:
|Total Fat||3.3g, 7%|
|Saturated Fat||1.4g, 6%|
|Trans fat||0 g, 0%|
|Dietary fiber||1.5g, 6%|
|Total sugars||44.2g, 52%|
|Vitamin A||0%, 0%|
|Vitamin C||0%, 0%|
|Folic acid||2%, 2%|
Serving ideas for Double Chocolate Coca-Cola Cake Recipe:
- You can make this cake at any special occasion: birthday parties; baby showers; small wedding receptions or anniversary parties, etc.
- If you have time, perform all the steps above and freeze the cake for up to 3 months. You can thaw it in your refrigerator or just let it sit at room temperature before serving. Enjoy!
- You can serve the cake decoratively iced, but I prefer it just the way it is.
- You can add even more flavor to the cake by adding 1 cup of chopped nuts and chocolate chips.
- You can also add different toppings to this cake. Try the frosting with Raspberry Chocolate Frosting Recipe or the cream cheese frosting with chocolate frosting recipe; both are delicious!
- This cake recipe can be unique by adding candies such as melted chocolate, nuts, coconut flakes, and chocolate chips. I prefer to sprinkle melted chocolate over the cake.
Healthy benefits of Double Chocolate Coca-Cola Cake:
1. This cake is made with high-fiber ingredients, which means it is low in calories and can help you feel full longer.
2. Cocoa powder contains many antioxidants called flavonoids that help fight cancer and reduce the risk of stroke and heart disease. Cocoa also contains fiber, which helps maintain a healthy digestive system.
3. Cocoa powder contains potassium, magnesium, zinc, and iron; all four are essential in maintaining a healthy heart, muscles, immune system, and digestive system.
4. The frosting provides protein, calcium, and iron.
5. The cake contains no trans fat or cholesterol; however, it is high in saturated fat, so consumers should limit their cake intake to less than one piece per day.
6. Since this cake is made with high-fiber ingredients and low in calories, you can serve it as a breakfast item or snack. Alternatively, you can also do it as a dessert after a dinner party or tea party.
Double Chocolate Coca-Cola Cake Recipe is a cake recipe with a triple chocolate punch. One of the recipes uses Coca-Cola Classic, but you can use Diet Coke or another cola beverage to add an extra hint of carbonation, doubling the taste. The main ingredient is cocoa powder, which adds a chocolate flavor to the cake. You’ll also notice a hint of vanilla in the cake too.
Double Chocolate Coca Cola Cake Recipe is simple and can be served as breakfast or dessert. It is best served when chilled. You can make it in advance and refrigerate it for at least one hour before serving.
The cake is great to serve at parties, small wedding receptions or anniversary parties, baby showers, and birthday parties. If you have time, perform all the steps above and freeze the cake for up to 3 months. You can thaw it in your refrigerator or just let it sit at room temperature before serving. Enjoy!
How many servings are in Double Chocolate Coca Cola Cake Recipe?
10-12 slices (1/2 inch thick).
Are Double Chocolate Coca Cola Cake Recipe eggs and dairy free?
Yes. However, this cake is not entirely egg-free or dairy-free. The recipe calls for eggs and cream cheese, but you can use bean or tofu substitutes if needed. Lastly, the frosting and frosting recipes are both vegan and gluten-free.
Can I use other colas in Double Chocolate Coca Cola Cake Recipe?
Yes, you can use any cola beverage. You can also choose how much cola taste you want using Diet Coke, Coke Zero, a diet soda, or Sprite.
How often do I make Double Chocolate Coca Cola Cake Recipe?
You can make and freeze Double Chocolate Coca Cola Cake Recipe up to 3 months in advance and thaw it out in your refrigerator or at room temperature. This cake is excellent for small parties such as baby showers, intimate wedding receptions, anniversary parties, etc. It can feed up to 10-12 people.
How much is Double Chocolate Coca Cola Cake Recipe?
Double Chocolate Coca Cola Cake Recipe is under 300 calories per slice. You can use a 12-ounce diet cola beverage for up to 1/2 cup.
What’s the difference between Double Chocolate Coca Cola Cake Recipe and other Coca Cola cakes?
Double Chocolate Coca Cola Cake Recipe is the perfect combination of 2 different recipes: The first recipe uses Coca-Cola Classic, and the second uses Diet Coke.