Whether you are vegetarian, allergic to eggs, or ran out of them in your pantry, there’s no reason why you can’t enjoy a rich, indulgent chocolate cake.
Welcome to the eggless chocolate cream cake recipe that will be your new favorite go-to dessert. This cake is moist, fluffy, and packed with chocolatey goodness, yet it requires no eggs.
Additionally, it’s an easy-to-follow recipe that even baking beginners can master confidently. Prepare to surprise your friends and family with this irresistible treat.
How to Make this Recipe Eggless Chocolate Cream Cake?
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Serving size: 8-10 people
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 1 cup chocolate shavings or sprinkles for decoration (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease or line two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients, and mix until well combined.
- Gradually add the boiling water to the batter, mixing continuously. The batter will be thin, but that’s exactly what we want.
- Pour the batter evenly into your prepared cake pans and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cakes comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool completely before assembling. Once cooled, place one layer on a serving plate, spread a generous layer of whipped cream on top, then add the second cake layer. Cover the top and sides of the cake with the remaining whipped cream.
- Decorate with chocolate shavings or sprinkles if desired, and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving to let the flavors meld together.
Each serving contains about 340 calories, 16g fat, 47g carbohydrates, 3g protein. This cake is high in sugar, so enjoy it in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
This eggless chocolate cream cake is a delightful dessert that can be served on its own or with a scoop of ice cream or a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
You can also garnish it with berries or mint for added color and freshness. It’s perfect for birthdays, anniversaries, or any special occasion that calls for a sweet treat.
Can I use a different type of milk in this recipe?
You can use non-dairy milk, such as almond, oat, or soak.
Can I freeze this cake?
You can freeze it. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap; it should last up to 2-3 months. Thaw it in the fridge before serving.
Can I use self-raising flour instead of all-purpose flour?
But omit the baking powder and reduce the amount of baking soda in the recipe.
This eggless chocolate cream cake is the ultimate indulgence that everyone can enjoy. Thanks to the whipped cream, it’s rich, moist, and intensely chocolatey, yet delightfully light and fluffy. This easy and versatile recipe will be a hit at any event or gathering. Happy baking!