The eggnog Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipe is straightforward, delicious, and fun to make with the kids. This delightful hot dessert is made with rum and coffee liqueur in a slow cooker that simmers daily on low. It can be made ahead and left knowing it’s ready when you are.
This eggnog hot chocolate recipe is a bestseller. Adults and kids alike enjoy drinking this warm and rich gourmet dessert drink. You can also dress up this eggnog hot chocolate recipe by adding whipped cream, nuts, or anything else you enjoy to make it even more special. This eggnog hot chocolate recipe is just warming up your winter nights.
What is Eggnog Hot Chocolate Bomb?
Eggnog Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipe is a rich hot chocolate drink made with a combination of the flavors of rum, coffee liqueur, and eggnog. A rum floater is added to the top of this heavenly dessert drink. It’s soft, creamy, sweet, and everything you can want in a coffee drink.
This eggnog hot chocolate recipe is unique because it uses warmed milk. Most recipes call for cold milk. Eggnog is an ingredient typically seen in a hot drink like this. That’s why using warmed milk makes it so unique.
Other ingredients are added to the eggnog hot chocolate recipe, which also helps make it memorable. The taste of coffee liqueur is added for its rich aroma and flavor. It adds a little sweetness to the eggnog hot chocolate recipe and depth of flavor.
How to Make Eggnog Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipe?
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 40 mins
- Serves 4 to 6.
Ingredients for Eggnog Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipe
- 1½ cups eggnog 4 oz.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Three tablespoons of coffee liqueur
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup white rum or coffee liqueur
- Whipped cream for garnish.
- Cinnamon sticks.
Directions for Eggnog Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipe
Pour eggnog, sugar, coffee liqueur, and water into a slow cooker for the eggnog hot chocolate recipe. Whisk well until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Cover the slow cooker and set it to low heat. Allow this eggnog hot chocolate recipe to simmer for about an hour. The heat from the slow cooker should be enough to allow it to be warmed up without scorching.
Heat your rum or coffee liqueur in the microwave. Pour it over the top of your eggnog hot chocolate drink. The rum will float on top. Garnish with whipped cream, cinnamon sticks, and nuts.
Step 3. Enjoy!
Nutrition Fact of Eggnog Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipe
|Vitamin A||1500 mcg|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
Serving ideas for Eggnog Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipe
1. If you are interested in making this eggnog hot chocolate recipe for a party, it can be made ahead of time and left to simmer. Reheat it before serving.
2. You can make an eggnog hot chocolate bomb recipe with or without alcohol. You can substitute it with another flavored alcohol, like Amaretto or Bailey’s Irish Cream. Top with whipped cream, cinnamon sticks, and nuts.
3. This eggnog hot chocolate recipe is a great way to incorporate coffee into your diet without having to drink coffee. You can serve this drink hot or cold and enjoy it any way you choose.
4. If you like coffee, try adding the coffee liqueur to your morning cocoa or hot chocolate. This eggnog hot chocolate recipe can also be frozen for later use. It will last for several months in the freezer if you freeze it correctly.
5. You can also add cayenne pepper to the eggnog hot chocolate recipe for a spicier flavor at the end. This will add heat without adding too much heat. You can also skip this step if you want.
6. If you like this eggnog hot chocolate recipe for its creamy texture, you can use cream instead of milk to make it richer and creamier. You could also sub milk with half-and-half or light cream depending on how rich you want your drink to be.
Is it Healthy?
The eggnog Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipe is rich and creamy. It’s perfect for a winter treat or a warm drink at night. You can use this hot chocolate recipe like any other hot chocolate. It’s not healthy as it is full of cream and cream products, but there are ways to make modifications to make this eggnog hot chocolate recipe more healthy.
The first way is to use milk and not cream. The second way is to substitute the sugar with a sweetener. The third way is skim milk or half-and-half instead of whole milk. The fourth way is to add more spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves for a spicier eggnog hot chocolate recipe.
The taste will be slightly different, but the eggnog hot chocolate recipe will still be tasty and rich. You can also go without adding sweeteners or spices to make it completely healthy.
Flavored Eggnog Hot Chocolate Recipe
This eggnog hot chocolate recipe is also unique as an ice cream topping. A little bit of vanilla ice cream, some whipped cream, and cinnamon make for a great frozen treat, especially on cool nights.
How to Make Eggnog Hot Chocolate Recipe Without Alcohol?
If you do not want to use alcohol in your eggnog hot chocolate bomb recipe, you can substitute the rum or coffee liqueur with water. You can also use a different flavor, such as Amaretto or Bailey’s Irish Cream.
Variations and Substitutions for this Eggnog Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipe:
1. If you prefer whole milk instead of cream, you can easily substitute it for the cream in this recipe. There are also ways to modify the recipe depending on what options you want to use.
2. If you do not have coffee liqueur, a flavoring for this eggnog hot chocolate recipe, you can use another flavored alcohol such as Amaretto or Bailey’s Irish Cream. You can also use other herbs, such as vanilla or orange.
3. If you want to add more spices other than cinnamon and nutmeg, try adding cloves and peppermint extract. You can even add a splash of rum or bourbon if you wish.
1. Choose the right slow cooker for the eggnog hot chocolate recipe you are making. It should be large enough to fit the ingredients in and not so large that it’s difficult to stir them into the drink. Choose a slow cooker that has a tight-fitting lid.
2. Reheat this eggnog hot chocolate recipe over low heat on the stove rather than on the slow cooker. It will be much better and tastier if you do this. You can also use your microwave if you don’t have a hot plate for heating your rums or coffee liqueurs.
3. You can also add crushed ice to make an iced eggnog hot chocolate recipe instead of boiling it as directed in the recipe.
4. If you want to make waffles or pancakes out of this recipe, add a bit more baking powder for more air in the batter. You will also want to add more dry ingredients to make the mixture fluffy and moist. What’s important is that it keeps its shape when you pour it onto a griddle or pan.
5. The eggnog hot chocolate recipe will last longer if you refrigerate it but not too long because whipped cream tends to lose its fluffiness quickly once refrigerated.
The Eggnog Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipe is a delicious recipe for a warm drink on cold nights. It’s great to serve at parties or to guests alike. You can add your unique twists and additions to fit your tastes. You can also substitute the cream with skim milk to make it healthier.
This eggnog hot chocolate recipe is also great if you want to enjoy some coffee without having to drink coffee. It’s got all the taste of coffee and will replace it in recipes that call for it. You can even make it into an ice cream topping and add a nice twist to your favorite cool treat.
It’s straightforward to follow this eggnog hot chocolate recipe.
I hope That this eggnog hot chocolate recipe has helped you. If you found this eggnog hot chocolate recipe helpful, give feedback and share it with your friends.