Ginger Hot Chocolate Recipe is a winter favorite that’s warming and delicious. Plus, the secret ingredient makes it healthy too.
Ginger is a versatile spice that has been used as a medicine, culinary additive, and as an aromatic. As an herb, Ginger is often considered to have warming properties that can help combat the winter cold. This recipe is also healthy because it contains honey, unsweetened almond milk, and Ginger.
What is Ginger Hot Chocolate?
Ginger Hot Chocolate is a delicious recipe that is usually found in winter. It uses Ginger, chocolate, and milk to warm the body during the cold season. This recipe is delicious because it offers a perfect balance of sweet and spicy, a combination found in chocolate and Ginger. The recipe is also healthy because it contains honey and unsweetened almond milk, which serve as a healthier substitute for delicious chocolate and milk.
How to make Ginger Hot Chocolate Recipe?
- Prepare TIme: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 12 oz.
- 3 tbsp. chopped Ginger
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2/3 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 bags (1 pound each) of semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks, or if you want a thicker mixture, use a 5oz package of chocolate chips (though you’ll have to melt them)
Place 3 tablespoons of chopped Ginger and 1 cup of milk in a small saucepan. Heat the mixture over medium heat while stirring constantly.
Keep stirring until the mixture boils, then remove it from the heat as soon as it does and pour it into a mug or bowl.
Pour the other cup of milk, 2 tablespoons of honey, and almond milk into a saucepan. Also, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of chopped Ginger to this mixture. Heat this mixture over medium heat while slowly stirring constantly until it boils.
Remove this mixture from the heat as soon as possible and pour in the ginger milk. Pour in another cup of chocolate chips or chunks, or melt the chocolate in a microwave for 30 seconds if you want a thicker mixture.
Pour the ginger mixture into the chocolate mixture, stirring until everything is melted. Pour this mixture back into the saucepan, stirring over medium heat until the mixture boils and becomes a dark brown.
Remove this mixture from the heat as soon as possible and pour it into a glass mug or bowl.
Serve the ginger hot chocolate warm, and enjoy!
Serving Ideas for Ginger Hot Chocolate Recipe
1. Ginger Hot Chocolate is often served with whipped cream, marshmallows, chocolate sprinkles, or crumbled cookies.
2. Serve this with a slice of gingerbread cake or gingerbread cookie on the side.
3. This can be served with unsweetened almond milk as an alternative to regular milk or cream. If you have a sweet tooth, you may want to try adding a teaspoon of sugar or honey for every cup of almond milk in this recipe (though this will reduce the health benefits).
4. This recipe makes an excellent drink for kids. One fun way to get your kids to warm up is by making Hello Kitty faces in the whipped cream on top of the drink.
5. This recipe can also be served cold or frozen, depending on what you’re in the mood for.
Top this with a slice of fresh Ginger, which can be sliced thin and added to the bowl right before serving. This adds a fresh lemony flavor that enhances the ginger taste in this recipe. If you want to make this drink thicker, use a 5oz package of chocolate chips instead of 2/3 cup (though this will reduce the health benefits).
Nutrition facts of Ginger Hot Chocolate Recipe
Health benefits of Ginger:
Here are some benefits of Ginger:
- Ginger is a natural remedy for nausea and morning sickness. A study published in the “Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine” showed that Ginger was as effective as a drug in preventing or treating morning sickness or nausea.
- Ginger can help you digest your food better because it contains enzymes called zingibain and gingerol, which act as natural preservatives.
- Ginger slows down the growth of harmful bacteria in your mouth, which could lead to tooth decay. Cured meats such as ham, salami, and sausage are made with Ginger and other spices to prevent tooth decay because they contain bacteria that produce sugar when your body digests.
- Some scientists believe Ginger can fight inflammation, which is why it’s often recommended for arthritis and sore muscles due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Ginger contains a substance that may help fight cancer, too. A study published in the “Journal of Ethnopharmacology” showed that Ginger could inhibit the growth of human colon, liver, and pancreatic cancer cells.
This hot chocolate tastes like rich, spicy gingerbread with a hint of minty freshness. At first sip, you may think there is no chocolate in this drink because everything tastes so spicy and minty. But when you swallow, the chocolate taste bursts right in your mouth. This drink is also sweet and gingery, a combination found in gingerbread.
Ginger Hot Chocolate Recipe is an easy recipe to make in winter because it uses only 5 main ingredients to make it, as well as 3 optional ingredients on top of that. This recipe is easy to make and delicious, but it’s also healthy because it contains honey and unsweetened almond milk in addition to Ginger. With the holiday season approaching and winter coming, this drink will be perfect for you to prepare at home or bring in your bag for office parties. Ginger Hot Chocolate Recipe is simple to make and full of goodness.
So I hope you enjoy this recipe let me know what you think in the comment section below.