Haitian Hot Chocolate Recipe is a delicious hot drink created in Haiti and enjoyed throughout the Caribbean. It’s made with various ingredients but most often includes dark cocoa powder, coffee, spices like cinnamon or nutmeg, and sweeteners like brown sugar.
The Haitian Hot Chocolate Recipe is easy to make at home or even easier to order from a restaurant or coffee shop. It’s a great choice when you have a cold or want to warm up with something super delicious.
This delicious drink is often served in the morning and accompanied by bread, cinnamon rolls, pastries, or even ice cream. You can find it all over the world, although mostly in countries where Haitian people have emigrated.
How To Maka Haitian Hot Chocolate Recipe?
- 2-3 tbsp of hot makdi (coffee)
- 1/2 cup of dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 brown sugar (can also use white sugar)
milk, water, ice cubes, and maybe some chocolate syrup.
Step 1. Pour hot made in a mug and add cocoa powder, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
Step 2. Fill your mug with ice cubes and add some milk or water.
Step 3. Enjoy!
Some people don’t use cinnamon. Some make it with regular sugar. It’s up to you!
If you like your hot chocolate super sweet, add warm milk in a ratio of 4:5 to the cocoa powder and sugar. If you like it less sweet, then use more cocoa and sugar.
How To Long Will it Take To Prepare?
- Prepare Time: 5 min
- Cooking Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- Servings: 1
Nutrition Fact Of Haitian Hot Chocolate Recipe
5 Amazing Serving Ideas For Haitian Hot Chocolate Recipe
1. The most basic serving is to add cocoa powder and sugar. Sometimes you might even use chocolate syrup.
2. Add some vanilla ice cream or cream to make it even more delicious.
3. Try mixing in other ingredients such as coffee, almond milk, and nuts, or make a different kind of hot chocolate using these ingredients!
4. Drizzle some chocolate syrup on top of the drink.
5. You can use sweetened condensed milk in your Haitian Hot Chocolate Recipe. It tastes delicious!
Are there any tips you want to give someone who wants to try this recipe at home?
1. Use only real ingredients and follow the recipe because making a mistake can ruin the drink.
2. Avoid recipes with too many ingredients, as it might be hard to prepare them all at once. Ingredients that add flavor to the drink are good choices!
Can we use other ingredients in this recipe or not?
Yes, you can. You can use regular sugar or sucanat or honey too. Some people in Haiti prefer using these ingredients over brown sugar.
It’s also delicious if you use sweetened condensed milk (dulce de leche). Other ingredients used are cocoa powder, coffee, vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, and extra cinnamon.
Can we use different kinds of chocolate?
Yes, you can. You can use white or dark chocolate, and you can also use cocoa powder (sometimes they call it cocoa powder).
How long should this recipe be stored in the fridge?
You should keep this recipe in the fridge if it has not been used. If it has been used, you can keep it in the fridge or at room temperature.
It might get stronger in flavor if you keep it at room temperature, so make sure to adjust the spices. However, if you like it stronger in flavor, you should store it at room temperature.
How do I know that my hot chocolate is not spoiled?
You can smell your drink and see its color. A spoiled drink will usually have a strange smell or color, so check its scent before eating it.
Haitian Hot Chocolate Recipe is a delightful hot drink popular in the Caribbean. It’s easy to make and has only a few ingredients, but you can change them if you want to try a different version. We hope you tried this recipe and enjoyed it!
Hope you enjoyed this quick and easy Haitian Hot Chocolate Recipe! If you have any other questions, please comment below, and we will try our best to help!