Holding Hot Chocolate is a group of people who meet up and carry hot chocolate to the needy in their neighborhoods and on the street. The idea is to foster community, offer support and comfort, and share some delicious hot chocolate.
Regarding holiday cheer, few things say it is better than a steaming cup of cocoa or tea. After all, nothing says winter happiness, like the sweet smell of hot chocolate wafting through a snowy night.
The weather is finally growing colder, which means it’s time for Holding Hot Chocolate! The goal is to make a cup of hot chocolate for someone who might be cold or homeless.
How to make Holding Hot Chocolate?
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Marshmallows (optional)
- Heat the milk over medium heat in a small saucepan until just simmering. Be careful not to scorch the milk.
- While the milk is heating, sift the cocoa powder and sugar in a small bowl. Mix thoroughly so there are no lumps.
- Once the milk simmer, whisk in the cocoa powder mixture until fully dissolved. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes, whisking constantly so it doesn’t burn on the bottom.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and salt. Pour hot chocolate into mugs.
- Top with whipped cream and marshmallows if desired. Be careful when holding the hot mugs!
Enjoy this rich and chocolatey hot chocolate on a cold winter day. The prep and cook time is short, so this can be whipped up quickly whenever a chocolate craving strikes.
Nutrition Facts of Holding Hot Chocolate
|Caloric from Fat||10|
7 Health Benefits of holding hot chocolate:
1. Relieves the Throat:
Hot chocolate contains more than a cup of good benefits. For example, sipping hot cocoa can help treat sore throats, allergies, and inflammation.
2. Easy to Digest:
Cocoa’s antioxidants can ease digestion and reduce bloating after meals.
3. Reduces Anxiety:
Cocoa has a rich list of “happy” chemicals that can boost mood, alleviate depression and increase memory.
4. Increases Energy:
Cocoa is rich in magnesium and caffeine, both of which are needed for energy production by the body.
5. Reduces Stress:
Studies have shown that hot cocoa is a great way to calm down and relax after a stressful day.
6. Promotes Weight Loss:
A recent study found that drinking three cups per day helped lower the participants’ body weight.
7. Boosts Immune System:
The build-up of antioxidants in cocoa can help prevent and fight infections from bacteria, viruses, and other illnesses.
We hope you can take away this great beverage’s fun, joy, and comfort and use it to help your friends and family through some of their tough times.
Thanks for reading.