Hot Chocolate Cake In A Mug Recipe is one of the easiest desserts you can make, especially for single-serving recipes. You only need a few simple ingredients and a microwave! They’re also perfect for last-minute guests or as an easy breakfast option.
I’m sure everyone knows about the popular Hot Chocolate Cake. It’s a decadent chocolate dessert that’s well-loved around the world. But for those who don’t have time to bake a cake, you can make this easy Hot Chocolate Cake recipe in a mug in just minutes!
How to make Hot Chocolate Cake In A Mug Recipe?
- prepare Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 5 min
Ingredients for Hot Chocolate Cake In A Mug Recipe
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons water or milk
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil (optional)
- 1 cup water, boiled pinch of salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract pinch of your favorite spice mix to taste other optional ingredients 1/. 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips or sprinkles of your choice
Instructions for Hot Chocolate Cake In A Mug Recipe
Mix the flour, sugar, and cocoa powder in a microwave-safe mug.
Add the water, milk, and vegetable oil (optional), then heat in the microwave for about 90 seconds or until it begins to bubble slightly around the edges. Add a pinch of salt to intensify the chocolate flavor if desired.
Stir in the vanilla extract and spice mix to taste.
Scoop the batter into a mug and top with sprinkles or chocolate chips (optional). Enjoy!
Tips for Hot Chocolate Cake In A Mug Recipe
- Chocolate Cake In A Mug will be a bit sweeter if you add milk instead of water, but water is fine if you prefer not to use any dairy products.
- This dessert is best when served warm, but if you eat it for breakfast, the cake will still be delicious after the heat has been absorbed.
- You can use milk instead of water or even half milk and half water.The mini chocolate chips are optional, but they take this cake to the next level.You can use any milk you like, but I prefer whole milk because it makes the cake more moist and creamy. Full-fat milk is also best because it means fewer calories.
Nutrition Fact of Hot Chocolate Cake In A Mug
Serving ideas for Hot Chocolate Cake In A Mug Recipe
1. Serve this dessert as is for a quick and easy treat.
2. Top with light whipped cream or icing to make it fancier.
3. Create a breakfast that’s both sweet and savory by adding scrambled eggs, bacon, or sausage in one half of the mug and the chocolate cake in the other half!
4. Add your favorite ingredients to turn this dish into a dessert smoothie! My boyfriend likes putting bananas in his chocolate smoothies – he says it enhances the cake’s chocolate flavor.
5. For dinner guests, pair Chocolate Cake In A Mug with a simple meal like grilled cheese.
6. Top with chocolate syrup for a delicious dessert that’s also great for breakfast.
7. For a festive dessert, add sprinkles or hard candy to the cake or add some edible fruit and cookies like mini or mini-pizzas.
8. You could also turn this recipe into a pudding by adding some cream or marshmallows to one half of the mug. Then, put in the chocolate cake and top it with whipped cream and chocolate sauce.
Healthy Benefits of Hot Chocolate Cake In A Mug Recipe
1. Hot chocolate cake is a sweet and satisfying dessert. Still, it’s also rich in calcium which helps your body to keep healthy and strong.
2. It’s gluten-free and low in fat, so it’s ideal for anyone looking to lose weight or lower their cholesterol levels.
3. This dessert also contains protein, which gives you energy without unwanted fat or empty calories.
4. The slightly salty-flavored chocolate cake is also a good source of iron, which supports your immune system and helps to strengthen your muscles and bones.
5. Last but not least, this dessert is high in antioxidants that can reduce the risks of developing different types of cancer, including colon, breast, and prostate cancer.
6. The dark cocoa powder used in Cake In A Mug recipe will not make it taste bitter or too strong like some bulk cocoa powder can do when used in large amounts.
In conclusion, the Hot Chocolate Cake In A Mug recipe is a delicious and nutritious dessert that tastes just as good as the original cake. It’s also easy to make, and its ingredients are very accessible.
You can have it whenever you’re in a hurry or serve it to your guests as a delicious warm treat! However, this formula is unsuitable for younger children because it contains extra sugar. Also, I suggest using milk instead of water, so your Hot Chocolate Cake doesn’t get too soggy when served hot.
I hope you have enjoyed reading this article, and I would love to hear your thoughts. Please also visit my Facebook Page, where I share more recipes and stories from my life!
What are the ingredients for Hot Chocolate Cake In A Mug recipe?
All-purpose flour is an inexpensive and readily available product used in various cooking recipes. It’s versatile to make bread, pancakes, pasta, pizza dough, and more. You can buy all-purpose flour at any supermarket or grocery store.
Sugar is also a simple ingredient that you can find in any grocery store.
Can I use hot chocolate instead of cocoa powder in a cake?
Ideally, you’d use hot chocolate instead of cocoa powder if you want a stronger flavor. However, I recommend using cocoa powder because it mixes better with other ingredients and doesn’t taste as bitter as hot chocolate. You can use hot chocolate in your recipes that contain cake instead of cocoa powder.
Why is cake batter runny?
Cake batter that is too runny can be caused by too much liquid or not enough flour. If your batter is too thin, you will need to add more flour than the recipe calls for, and the cake will be ruined otherwise. So be sure to follow the exact recipe from step one to the end when making your cake.
How can I make a Hot Chocolate Cake In A Mug recipe for kids?
As mentioned before, this is unsuitable for children because it contains extra sugar. Therefore, I suggest using hot chocolate and fruits as toppings instead of chocolate chips if you plan on having children over for dessert.
Why are mug cakes spongy?
This happens because mug cakes aren’t baked in a cake tin or on a baking sheet but instead are cooked in a mug. This means your cake won’t be as fluffy as regular cakes since it’s not baked in a cake tin. Also, the interior of your mug may not be as heated when you’re cooking your cake, so the hot chocolate will absorb more liquid and result in a spongier texture.