The hot Chocolate Cookie Dough Recipe is a delicious treat that is perfect for the holidays. This recipe requires just six ingredients and a few minutes of your time to make. This recipe is straightforward to make, and it is also a gluten-free recipe. It also does not require an oven, as long as you can boil some water.
This recipe is perfect for the holidays, and it’s perfect for an afternoon snack. You can always make a batch and put out extra for yourself. It is incredible just by itself after an excellent big workout because of the chocolate chips, but it also tastes great with nuts or seeds. For example, I like to add cashews or walnuts and then use them as “cookies.
What is Hot Chocolate Cookie Dough?
Hot Chocolate Cookie Dough is a cookie dough you can eat without baking. It is soft, warm, and delicious. You can eat it just by itself or with milk. It is excellent for the holidays when you don’t have time to bake cookies. Just remember to keep it away from children because there are chocolate chips.
How to make Hot Chocolate Cookie Dough Recipe?
- Prepare time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1½ cups
- 1 cup cooked oatmeal (1 serving)
- ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder (2 tbsp)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp applesauce
- ½ cup softened butter (1 stick)
- ¾ cup sugar (3/4 cup, packed)
- 2-3 tbsp milk or water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (you can add more to taste)
In a medium bowl, stir together the rolled oats, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder.
In a large bowl, combine the applesauce and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 3-5 minutes until creamy.
Add the sugar and mix at low speed to combine. Add the milk and vanilla; mix until well combined. The mixture will look very curdled until it is combined well.
Add the oats mixture and mix on low speed until well combined. Stir in ½ cup of chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of raisins. Add extra chocolate chips or raisins if desired.
Scoop dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or foil.
Put a few extra chocolate chips on top of each scooper of hot Chocolate Cookie Dough Recipe; press down lightly to ensure they stick. (optional)
Let cookies set for about one hour; then refrigerate these for several hours.
When ready to eat, heat in a medium saucepan over low heat until warm and soft. Serve with warm milk or a glass of milk or spiked hot chocolate or coffee.
Let the kids have fun packaging up their scoops of Hot Chocolate Cookie Dough Recipe using small plastic bags or snack-sized cups/bowls with lids.
You can store the Hot Chocolate Cookie Dough Recipe in the refrigerator for up to 2 days and in the freezer for up to one month.
Serving ideas for Hot Chocolate Cookie Dough Recipe
1. Use a scoop of Hot Chocolate Cookie Dough Recipe for a fun snack for kids.
2. Use Hot Chocolate Cookie Dough Recipe as a dip. It is great with apples or any fruit that you prefer.
3. Heat the dough before eating to make Hot Chocolate Cookie Dough Recipe into a hot chocolate treat by adding milk and cocoa powder to taste and heat until warm and soft in the microwave or a pan on the stovetop.
4. You can also cut Hot Chocolate Cookie Dough Recipe into small bars or divide the dough into muffin-sized portions to make Hot Chocolate Cookie Dough Mini-Cookie Recipes.
5. Divide the Hot Chocolate Cookie Dough Recipe into a few portions to cover a baking pan to make Hot Chocolate Brownie Bites (aka Snowballs).
6. You can also make a few scoops of Hot Chocolate Cookie Dough Recipe on a plate and refrigerate. Once the dough is cold, mix it with milk to make milk chocolate pudding.
7. Experiment with using different ingredients to create a tasty new recipe. Be creative!
8. Use Hot Chocolate Cookie Dough Recipe as a dip for fruit/veggies such as apples, bananas, carrots, broccoli, celery sticks, and even raw cauliflower or broccoli.
Nutrition Facts of Hot Chocolate Cookie Dough Recipe
|Sodium||75 mg (3% DV)|
|Total Fat||10g (15% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||6g (30% DV)|
|Cholesterol||23mg (8% DV)|
|Total Carbohydrates||18g (6%)|
Healthy benefits Hot Chocolate Cookie Dough Recipe
1. This is a healthy treat you can eat in the afternoon or whenever you want. You can even use it as a snack when you crave chocolate.
2. This is also good for people on a gluten-free diet because it does not have gluten ingredients and does not require an oven.
3. It is also suitable for endurance athletes because it gives a little boost when you need it without all the extra calories and carbohydrates in chocolate bars or hot chocolate mixes.
4. Hot Chocolate Cookie Dough Recipe is an excellent fiber, fat, and protein source.
5. Hot Chocolate Cookie Dough Recipe is a good source of low-fat cocoa powder and oats, which are great for lowering cholesterol levels.
6. It also contains vitamins A and C, which are suitable for the immune system because it helps fight off colds and sickness.
7. It is suitable for skin and hair because cocoa powder provides an antioxidant that helps decrease the chances of a person getting pimples or freckles.
8. It is also suitable for bones because it provides calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and other minerals that help strengthen bones.
9. It’s a healthy source of fat that helps provide energy and keep you warm by helping your body stay regular in temperature and preventing you from overheating when exercising.
If you are looking for a healthy treat to give you energy or feel like you are having a hot chocolate, then Hot Chocolate Cookie Dough Recipe is the perfect recipe. Plus, it is super easy to make, and it is gluten-free. Everyone will love eating this treat because it’s delicious. It’s so good that I guarantee your kids will want more and more of it.
Stay healthy and fit! Eat Healthily!