This Hot Chocolate Dump Cake Recipe is the perfect dessert for all occasions. It takes just a few ingredients and is so simple to make. It bakes in the oven for 45 minutes. Once done, top it with ice cream and whip cream.
What makes this cake so great is that anyone can make it! Everyone knows someone who loves chocolate, so you have no problem sharing this recipe with them.
Many people have tried this Dump Cake Recipe and have loved it. It is not a difficult recipe to make, but it does take some time.
How To Make Hot Chocolate Dump Cake Recipe?
- preparing Time: 45 minute
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Ingredients for Hot Chocolate Dump Cake Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 1/4 cups hot chocolate mix (found in the baking section at the. grocery store)
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners sugar, sifted (reserve some for dusting the cake before serving)
Instructions for Hot Chocolate Dump Cake Recipe:
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Butter and flour an 8″ round cake pan.
Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time and then add the hot chocolate mix, alternating with cold milk, mixing well after each addition.
Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Combine the butter and confectioners sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix until smooth.
Spread the frosting on top of the cooled cake and serve.
Nutrition Fact oF Hot Chocolate Dump Cake Recipe:
5 Amazing Serving Ideas For Hot Chocolate Dump Cake Recipe:
- Serve this cake for breakfast alongside coffee or tea.
- Serve it for an afternoon snack.
- Serve it for an evening snack with a glass of milk or tea.
- Freeze and serve in little scoop-sized balls like ice cream!
- Serve it for breakfast or a snack on this chocolate cake with hot tea.
- You can serve this cake in many different ways, and it will still taste great every time.
- You can also use this recipe for cupcakes. Just bake in a cupcake tin for 20-25 minutes instead of baking in the cake pan.
This Hot Chocolate Dump Cake Recipe is a great way to have a warm, gooey chocolate cake whenever you want one! This is the kind of dessert that you do not have to spend time making; it’s quick and easy and will taste delicious.
Hot Chocolate Dump Cake is a chocolate cake that combines delicious chocolate with hot cocoa flavors. It is simple to make and will be a special treat you’ll look forward to serving whenever you feel like sharing a piece.
How Long Can Dump Cake Be Stored?
Dump cake will keep well in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
Is Dump Cake Good The Next Day?
The longer you let the dump cake sit, the better it will taste. The next day, the cake will be at its best if it sits out overnight, as long as it sits out of direct sunlight.
How Can You Store-Dump Cake?
Place the dump cake in a sealable container, preferably with a tight-fitting lid (just like the ones that ice cream comes in), and place it in the freezer. After the cake is frozen, please remove it from the container and store it in a freezer bag. To thaw the dump cake, place it in the refrigerator overnight.
How Long Will Dump Cake Keep?
This dump cake will keep well for 2 days after baking. If it is not eaten within the 1st couple of days, you can store the dump cake in a sealed container in the refrigerator.