The Hot Chocolate Pudding Recipe is a delicious recipe perfect for the winter. All you have to do is follow these four steps.
This blog is about writing recipes, so if you’re in the mood for some yummy wintertime treats, this is your place. Today, we’re going to be talking about our Hot Chocolate Pudding Recipe. It sounds like a delicious dessert for these cold winter nights, doesn’t it?
What is Hot Chocolate Pudding?
Hot Chocolate Pudding is a delicious dessert that is perfect for the wintertime. It’s thick, and you can eat it right out of the bowl or eat it with a spoon or anything else you’d like.
It’s made with only four ingredients, which makes this recipe super easy to follow without having to go out and search for anything that’s not in your kitchen cabinets.
Now, before you get too excited and go out and buy some chocolate or cocoa powder, you should know that the Hot Chocolate Pudding Recipe I’m about to share with you requires baking powder. You can create this delicious dessert without it (just use baking soda), but we highly recommend using baking powder.
How to make Hot Chocolate Pudding Recipe?
- Prepare time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 4
- ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup of sugar
- One ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons of baking powder
- ⅓ teaspoon of salt Chocolate shavings for garnish
- 4 large mason jars with lids (or you can use small ramekins)
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Step 2: In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the water, cocoa powder, and sugar. Stir well until the cocoa powder dissolves and begins to simmer.
Step 3: Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Stir well for about 5 minutes or until desired consistency is achieved. (Don’t overcook this dessert! It should be thick but still runny.)
Step 4: Add milk, salt, and baking powder to the cocoa mixture and stir well.
Step 5: Divide the cocoa mixture into mason jars or ramekins.
Step 6: Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Step 7: Allow these delicious treats to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Step 8: Enjoy!
Serving ideas for Hot Chocolate Pudding Recipe
- Serve warm with some extra cocoa powder to jazz it up.
- Top with whipped cream or marshmallows for a truly decadent dessert!
- Serve chilled or at room temperature for dessert. You can savor all year long!
- Add in your favorite toppings, pecans, chocolate chips, or nuts! (Sliced almonds are incredibly delicious!)
- Mix with your favorite flavor of yogurt for a creamy treat!
- Use as a dip for strawberries or thick graham crackers.
- Make a mini Hot Chocolate Pudding Recipe in small ramekins and use it as an ice cream topping! They are perfect for topping off your warm chocolate sundae!
- Top with whipped cream and drizzle caramel sauce over it, and serve on top of vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt.
- Combine with ice cream, peanut butter, and chocolate syrup for a delicious PB&J milkshake!
- Top your hot fudge sundae with a scoop of this dessert, and wow your guests!
Nutrition Facts of Hot Chocolate Pudding Recipe
|Vitamin A||4% RDA|
Healthy benefits of Hot Chocolate Pudding Recipe
- This dessert is full of healthy fats and a good fiber source, which keeps your digestion running smoothly.
- This dish contains antioxidants and vitamins A, B, C, and E!
- This dessert is low in sugar!
- This dish provides calcium and vitamin D for strong bones!
- It’s rich in iron for a healthy red blood cell count!
- It’s full of B vitamins for a healthy nervous system!
- This dish is full of dietary fiber.
- This dessert is full of magnesium, which is good for heart health!
- This dish provides potassium, which is good for heart health!
- This dessert increases metabolism and lowers cholesterol!
Can you eat chocolate pudding hot?
Yes, you can eat chocolate pudding hot! All you have to do is make this dessert, heat it up a little bit, and serve it in a bowl. You can also use small ramekins and put them in the fridge until it’s time to eat them.
- You can add cinnamon or nutmeg for an even more decadent recipe!
- Add in your favorite fruits and nuts for an even more delicious treat!
- You can add ½ teaspoon of instant coffee granules to intensify the flavor, but it takes away the sweetness.
- Add cocoa powder to this recipe if you want cocoa-flavored pudding instead of hot chocolate!
- The water amount depends on how thick or runny you want your dessert to be. You can keep it as is or add more water if you want it thicker.
- Our goal is to provide a recipe that is easy to follow, but if you’re having trouble with the cooking portion, feel free to use baking powder!
Can you use chocolate pudding mix instead of cocoa powder?
You can use chocolate pudding mix instead of cocoa powder, but the taste won’t be quite the same. Chocolate pudding mixes aren’t as rich and decadent as cocoa powder, so the final taste might not be as flavorful.
You can use cocoa powder and make chocolate pudding. Still, if you don’t have any on hand and instead use a mix than cocoa powder, you could try substituting one tablespoon of cocoa powder for one tablespoon of chocolate pudding mix.
This is a great recipe and tastes just like hot chocolate. This dessert is perfect for a cold day because it’s warm and rich, but it has some sweetener to satisfy your sweet tooth. In addition to being tasty, this dessert can also be very healthy if you use unsweetened cocoa powder and don’t add any extra sugar to it. Hot chocolate is one of our favorite drinks, so we love experimenting with recipes that strawberry dessert and replacing our favorite beverage with a delicious hot cocoa pudding recipe!
Are you ready to get your hands on this hot chocolate pudding recipe? You can try it out for yourself and enjoy it!