Jack Daniels Chocolate Cake Recipe is one of the most delicious alcohol-infused cakes you will ever taste. The recipe is made with Betty Crocker Chocolate Cake mix, making it an easy option for baking beginners.
Start by mixing up one box of Betty Crocker chocolate cake mix and adding in the eggs, water, oil, and vanilla from the instructions on the side of the cake mix box. You may need to adjust a little bit when testing out different recipes until you get something just right for your family or friends to enjoy on any occasion.
What is Jack Daniels Chocolate Cake?
Jack Dannins Chocolate Cake is a cake created using whiskey and chocolate as the main ingredients. The recipe was originally posted online on Betty Crocker’s website to use leftover chocolate cake recipes following Valentine’s Day.
The original recipe was created in 2009 and has been shared by countless home bakers. The Jack Daniels Chocolate Cake recipe utilizes a box of Betty Crocker chocolate cake mix and stovetop cooking methods to make the best cake possible.
You can use a variety of different whiskey with this chocolate cake recipe. Most recipes call for Jack Daniels, but you can also use a good rye whiskey to give the chocolate cake a unique bite.
Most prefer the taste of Strongbow to mix in with the whiskey, so you may want to hold off on adding it unless you are an alcohol enthusiast. Most people find that adding cooked bacon adds flavor and appeal to the chocolate cake.
How to make Jack Daniels Chocolate Cake Recipe?
- Prepare Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Number of servings: 18
- 1 cup Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
For the Jack Daniels Chocolate Ganache:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease two 9-inch round cake pans and line the bottoms with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the Jack Daniels whiskey and cocoa powder until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract separately.
- Add the cooled Jack Daniels mixture to the egg mixture and stir until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and cool them in the pans for 10 minutes before removing them and placing them on a wire rack to cool completely.
- You can also use a different whiskey for this cake recipe.
- If you want to make the cake gluten-free, use rice flour, non-wheat flour, and non-dairy milk.
- When testing out the cake before serving, it’s best to leave the oven on at 350 without any dishes or potholders in place. Then you can check all of your measurements and ingredients to ensure you have it perfect.
- Many places will suggest using a Bundt pan for this cake recipe. The reason is that it allows the flavor of the cake to be more concentrated and present throughout the entire piece of cake.
- Make sure you use extra cocoa powder if you make your ganache from scratch. You can also use Nutella instead of the heavy cream if needed.
- If you want simple and quick versions of this brew, try pouring some Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey over ice cream instead.
Nutrition facts of Jack Daniels Chocolate Cake Recipe
Number of servings: 18
Serving ideas for jack daniels chocolate cake recipe
- Make a Jack Daniels Chocolate Cake in a bundt pan by following the steps above.
- Coat the chocolate cake with a creamy Jack Daniels ice cream as a dessert, paired with a slice of vanilla or banana bread.
- Eat this cake plain, add some whipped cream, and serve it as an appetizer at your next party.
- Use it as the base for chocolate cake pops. You can add a few drops of liquid red food coloring and pipe rosy-pink swirls on top of your plain chocolate cake to give it a little more flair.
- Serve this cake with a scoop, frozen lemonade, or iced tea!
- Toss a few pieces of Jack Daniels chocolate cake in homemade fudge.
- Top it with some vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and a slice of fresh blackberry pie, and serve it as a romantic dessert on a cold winter night.
- Make this into cupcakes by adding more Jack Daniels syrup, vanilla extract, and red food coloring to your basic chocolate cupcake recipe.
- Serve this cake with some simple jam or lemon curd for an extra tart and refreshing dessert.
- You can also freeze some of this cake and keep it in the freezer for later. One slice will satisfy your chocolate cake craving with very little nutritional value.
- If you want your guests to enjoy a rich and decadent dessert, serve this cake with cream, ice cream, or whipped cream on top!
Jack Daniels Chocolate Cake Recipe makes one 9-inch cake, so you can make this recipe quickly and get it on the table in no time.
Healthy benefits of Jack Daniels Chocolate Cake Recipe
1. Antioxidant benefits from cocoa powder:
The unsweetened cocoa powder used in the cake contains flavanols. These antioxidants can help protect against cellular damage and inflammation. To maximize the potential health benefits of cocoa, look for a high-quality cocoa powder that has not been heavily processed or treated with alkaline agents.
2. Protein and fiber from whole-grain flour:
While the traditional recipe calls for all-purpose flour, you can boost the nutritional content of the cake by using whole-grain flour instead. Whole-grain flours are a good source of protein and fiber, which can help keep you feeling full and satisfied.
3. Potential mood-boosting benefits from Jack Daniels:
While alcohol should be consumed in moderation, some research suggests that moderate consumption of whiskey or other alcoholic beverages may have mood-boosting benefits. However, it is essential to remember that alcohol can also have adverse health effects when consumed excessively.
4. Lower-fat options for butter and cream:
To reduce the overall fat content of the cake, you can experiment with using lower-fat alternatives to the butter and cream in the recipe. For example, you could use a plant-based butter substitute or lower-fat milk instead of cream in the ganache.
5. Heart-healthy fats from pecans:
The nuts used for the garnish on top of the cake add a crunchy texture with heart-healthy fats. You can also use chopped pecans to add flavor and texture to the cake.
6. Healthy benefits from shredded coconut:
While some recipes call for unsweetened coconut, you can also use sweetened coconut for a flavourful and sweet garnish that is still relatively nutritious. Coconut is rich in healthy fats, which may help boost heart health.
7. High levels of antioxidants:
The whiskey used in the ganache in the recipe contains antioxidants and other compounds that have anti-inflammatory properties. Antioxidants can protect your cardiovascular and brain health by helping you combat harmful free radicals.
8. Good source of fiber:
The whole wheat flour used in this recipe adds a good source of fiber to your diet, which may help keep you full for longer and promote healthy digestion.
Jack Daniels Chocolate Cake Recipe is a decadent dessert that combines the rich flavor of whiskey with the sweet, chocolatey goodness of cake. While the recipe is not typically considered a healthy option, there are some potential benefits to be had from the antioxidant-rich cocoa powder and the mood-boosting properties of Jack Daniels.
It is important to remember that one serving of Jack Daniels chocolate cake is high in calories and Fat, so it is best consumed in moderation. Furthermore, it would help if you were sure you were buying a quality whiskey for this recipe, as the producers of cheap liquors often use additives and other additives to make it taste better.
I hope that you have enjoyed this recipe. You can follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter to keep up with all my latest recipes and foodie adventures!
HERE ARE SOME FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THAT I HAVE RECEIVED FROM READERS OF THIS BLOG:
What do you think of the whiskey?
I love the taste. I have tried single malts, blended, and even American whiskey. I usually prefer mixed, but I will drink either, depending on my mood. I enjoy a nice glass after work or on a weekend night. I don’t like it as a mixer; I’ll drink it straight, but only if it’s a special occasion and not every day!
What’s your opinion on whisky?
I love it! I like drinking single malts, or good quality blended whisky with a smooth finish. I wouldn’t say I like the cheap stuff that is usually mixed with something. I can even drink it neat.
Can I use a different type of whiskey or liquor in the cake recipe?
You can certainly experiment with different types of whiskey or liquor in the recipe. However, keep in mind that different types of alcohol may have slightly different flavor profiles so the final result may be different from the traditional Jack Daniels version.
Can I make the cake without alcohol?
Yes, you can omit the Jack Daniels whiskey from the recipe if you prefer. However, remember that the whiskey contributes to the cake’s overall flavor and richness, so that the final result may be slightly different without it.
How should I store the cake after making it?
The cake can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to three days or in the refrigerator for up to five days. If you are storing the cake in the refrigerator, let it come to room temperature before serving to allow the ganache to soften.
Can I freeze the cake?
Yes, you can freeze the cake either whole or in individual slices. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or foil, and it should keep in the freezer for up to three months. Be sure to let it thaw completely at room temperature before serving.
Can I make the cake in advance?
Yes, you can make the cake in advance and store it in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to serve.