Jaleesa Spring Baking Championship, Chocolate Cake Recipe, is the second recipe in a series of three. This is a must-try for all bakers because it’s chocolatey and moist. It would be a shame not to enjoy this beauty with your friends or family, so let’s get baking!
Jaleesa, a renowned pastry chef and a participant in the Spring Baking Championship, created a masterpiece with her Chocolate Cake recipe. This recipe is sure to please any chocolate lover and is perfect for any occasion. The cake is moist, rich, and chocolatey, and the frosting is smooth.
Jaleesa’s recipe is easy to follow and produces a cake that is a showstopper in terms of taste and presentation. If you’re looking for a decadent chocolate cake that will leave your taste buds craving more, Jaleesa’s recipe is the one to try.
How to make Jaleesa Spring Baking Championship Chocolate Cake Recipe?
- Prepare Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
- Total time: 1H 20 minutes
- Serving size: 1 1/2 cups
- Serves 6-8
What ingredients does a chef need to prepare Jaleesa’s Chocolate Cake?
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water (the batter will be thin).
- Pour batter evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cakes in the pans for 10 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost and decorate the cake as desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts of Jaleesa Spring Baking Championship Chocolate Cake Recipe
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
Serving ideas for Jaleesa Spring Baking Championship Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Serve the cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Top the cake with your favorite berries for added color.
- Serve the cake with your favorite ice cream or sorbet flavor.
- Top the cake with a dollop of whipped cream or a strawberry sauce and serve immediately. Enjoy!
6 Tips to help you make Jaleesa Spring Baking Championship Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Do not over-mix the batter; this could cause your cake to be tough instead of soft and moist.
- Make sure to sift the dry ingredients, otherwise, you may have lumps in your batter.
- If you want to increase the height of your cake, you can add a little more flour.
- To prevent the cake from cracking, do not over-beat it.
- Don’t over-bake because this will cause your cake to dry.
- If you’re baking with bread pans, ensure that the pans are at least 2 inches taller than your pan size; if not, make sure that your pans are at least 2 inches wider than your pan size.
This is a great recipe to try on your birthday, Christmas, Valentine’s Day and Mother’s day, because it will make you feel special and loved. It would be perfect for sharing with your family and friends because they will love it too!
If you’re looking for a chocolate cake recipe that will leave your taste buds craving for more, Jaleesa’s recipe is the one for you. It’s rich, sweet, and chocolaty but not overpowering. I hope you will try this recipe and let me know how it turns out, leave some comments below.