Jimmy John’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe is surprisingly easy to recreate at home! If you’re craving the taste of a warm, fresh-baked cookie and need to take a break from your usual recipe, we have just the trick for you. This recipe makes about nine crispy cookies outside and soft in the middle.
When it comes to ingredients, all you’ll need is flour, sugar, chocolate chips, butter or margarine*, vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt. If you’re using margarine, place the butter and margarine in the freezer for 30 minutes before using so that it’s easier to cream together.
What Is Jimmy John’s Chocolate Chip?
Jimmy John’s Chocolate Chip Cookies are nothing like your ordinary chocolate chip cookie. They’re made with brown sugar, corn syrup, and dark brown sugar. The Jimmy John’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe also uses oatmeal, wheat germ, and steel-cut oats.
The dough for these cookies is then chilled for about 30 minutes before being divided into nine equal portions. Each portion is rolled into a ball, placed on a baking sheet, and baked at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes. So remember, the measuring spoon you use to measure the flour is a vital tool to help make sure your cookies turn out perfectly each time.
How To Make Jimmy John’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe?
- Prepare Time: 10 min, plus 1 hour and 30 min.
- Cook Time: 1 hr. 10 min.
- Total Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Servings: 9 cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 cup canola oil or vegetable oil (more if needed).
Mix flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
In another bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed or with a wooden spoon, beat together brown sugar and egg until well blended.
Gradually add in the flour mixture, stirring just until the mixture is moistened (the dough will be crumbly). Mix in corn syrup and oil until well blended (if needed, add additional oil). The dough will be sticky. Place dough in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Divide the dough in half, and then divide each half into three portions. Using your hands, roll each piece into a ball about 1-inch in diameter.
Place balls 3 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand or with the tines of a fork to make a crisscross pattern (if you don’t flatten the cookie, it will be too thick).
Bake in a preheated 375-degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the baking sheet immediately and transfer it to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!
- If you use margarine, ensure it is at room temperature before beating.
- The baked cookies may appear soft because the dough is made without regular flour.
- If you cannot find the dark brown sugar, use a combination of light brown and dark brown sugar, but not a mixture of light and dark brown sugar (the outcome will be a slightly sweeter cookie).
Nutrition Fact Of Jimmy John’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:
Ten unique Serving Ideas for jimmy john’s chocolate chip cookie recipe:
1. As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, sprinkle them with a bit of sea salt, and you have an instant gourmet treat.
2. The cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Each cookie will have about 100 calories, so they are perfect for an after-dinner snack or a lunchbox treat.
3. Add a scoop of ice cream and some hot fudge, and you’ll never repurchase bakery-made cookies.
4. Top with a melted chocolate bar and crushed nuts, then freeze until firm.
5. These cookies are great topped with vanilla ice cream and drizzled with chocolate sauce for dessert or a family movie night treat! The best part about this idea is that all the kids can grab one to go as they walk out the door mess or cleanup is required!
6. Top each cooled cookie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and then a drizzle of hot fudge.
7. Add some chopped nuts and raisins to add a bit of crunch to these soft cookies!
8. Serve these warm with a big glass of milk for dunking them in or as a fun treat with on-the-go snacks or breakfast.
9. Add some jam on top, or even better, some Nutella, and you’re getting fancy with your treats!
10. Top your ice cream with a scoop of cookie dough. In a large bowl, whisk together the six egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar, flour, and cornstarch [or wheat flour for fewer calories].
Jimmy john’s cookie flavors:
Jimmy John’s Cookies was founded in Charleston, SC, by 17-year-old Jim Pendleton in 1983. Jim got the idea for Jimmy John’s from a bread delivery driver who brought him fresh sandwiches one day when he was sick. Today, more than 2,000 Jimmy John’s locations are across the country. The menus have expanded to include subs, salads, wraps, and soups, along with the original sandwich offerings. You can buy Jimmy John’s Cookies all year long at Jimmy John’s website.
There are 6 Jimmy John’s Cookies flavors that can be bought in the store: Roast Beef, Turkey Breast, Ham & Bacon, Tomato Basil & Cheese, Italian Night, and Spicy Italian. You can also purchase gourmet cookies – Chocolate Chunk Cookie, Snickerdoodle Cookie, and Double Chocolate Chip Cookie. If you’re at a Jimmy John’s Sandwich shop and want to buy a cookie, here are 21 of the most popular cookie flavors found at Jimmy John’s Sandwich shops today.
If you want to make Jimmy John’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe at home, I would be happy if you could follow the instructions above. However, this recipe is one of the best chocolate chip cookie recipes I have tried for a long time and is daringly different from other chocolate chip cookie recipes!
This recipe is also straightforward and can be made with simple ingredients in your pantry or kitchen cabinet. The secret to the moist and wonderful texture is the addition of corn syrup. This recipe makes nine cookies, which can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Thank you so much for reading my post! I hope this recipe makes you as happy as it made me and that you enjoy it with your friends and family today! If you like this recipe, please leave a comment below. Also, share this recipe on social media sites like Facebook or Twitter with the link above.