Are you a fan of KFC and its delectable desserts? Do you crave a rich and indulgent chocolate cake that can satiate your sweet tooth cravings? Look no further as we bring you a recipe that will take you to dessert heaven!
KFC chocolate cake is a classic dessert that has been a favourite of many for years. This mouth-watering treat is rich, moist, and full of chocolatey goodness, making it the perfect end to a delicious meal.
Whether you’re looking for a special treat for a loved one or want to indulge in a delicious dessert, this KFC chocolate cake recipe will satisfy your sweet tooth.
How to make KFC Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Prepare Time: 1 Hour
- Layer: 9
- Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- Servings: 10.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
For the Frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions step to step:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together the buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract in a separate mixing bowl.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the boiling water until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared cake pans and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing them and transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cream the butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy to make the frosting.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and powdered sugar.
- Gradually add the milk and vanilla extract, mixing until the frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Frost the top of one cake layer, place the second cake layer on top and frost the top and sides of the cake.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious KFC chocolate cake!
This KFC chocolate cake recipe is an absolute must-try for all chocolate lovers. The moist and chocolatey cake, combined with the creamy and rich frosting, creates a dessert that is truly out of this world. So, why wait? Get your ingredients ready, and indulge in the decadent deliciousness of this all-time favourite dessert. Happy baking!
Serving idea for KFC Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Classic Slice: Serve a warm slice of the KFC Chocolate Cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side. Sprinkle some cocoa powder on top for an extra chocolatey twist.
- Chocolate Sundae: Top a scoop of vanilla ice cream with a warm slice of the KFC Chocolate Cake, drizzle with hot fudge sauce, and top with whipped cream, sprinkles, and a cherry.
- With Coffee: Enjoy a slice of the KFC Chocolate Cake with a cup of hot coffee or hot chocolate for a comforting and satisfying dessert.
- With Berries: Serve the KFC Chocolate Cake with a handful of fresh berries like strawberries or raspberries for a sweet and tangy contrast.
- Trifle: Layer the KFC Chocolate Cake with fresh whipped cream and fruit in a trifle bowl for a stunning dessert presentation.
- Milkshake: Blend a slice of the KFC Chocolate Cake with ice cream and milk for a thick and creamy chocolate milkshake.
- Ala mode: Serve the KFC Chocolate Cake warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce for an extra decadent dessert.
No matter how you choose to serve the KFC Chocolate Cake, it will surely be a hit with anyone who loves rich and indulgent chocolate desserts.
Nutrition Facts for KFC Chocolate Cake:
In conclusion, the KFC Chocolate Cake Recipe is a delicious treat that is easy to make and will satisfy any sweet tooth. With its soft and moist chocolate cake covered in a rich and creamy frosting, it is the perfect dessert for any occasion.
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet snack or want to impress your guests, this recipe is sure to be a hit. So, why not try it and indulge in the delicious flavours of KFC’s famous chocolate cake?
Can I use butter or margarine instead of unsalted butter?
You can use margarine or butter, but the cake needs to be softened before adding it to the batter. You can use things like palm shortening or vegetable oil, which may result in a less moist cake. If you use something like olive oil, you may need to increase the liquid ingredients to account for the extra liquid in the oil.
We don’t have instant espresso powder. Can I use something else?
If you can’t find instant espresso powder, try using 1 tablespoon of cold or hot brewed coffee or 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder instead.
Is there a way to cook this recipe in a round cake pan instead?
You can bake KFC Chocolate Cake Recipe in a 9-inch round cake pan.
Can I double-check this recipe?
You can make a 9×5 inch loaf cake instead of a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Bake this in a 9×13 baking pan if you want to double the recipe.
Where is the recipe for KFC Chocolate Cake Recipe?
The first KFC Chicken recipe in 1978 was for “chicken salad,” not chicken salad bread. The chicken salad bread, although slightly different, is what we now know as a chicken salad (or “chicken cutlet” on the original menu). KFC went on to offer “chicken salad” sandwiches in their restaurants; however, the recipe for the sandwich changed over time.