Lindt Hot Chocolate Recipe is a wonderfully tasty and simple recipe that delivers a rich, velvety texture without any cream or milk. It is called the “greatest hot chocolate recipe” by top chefs, including Alton Brown and Mario Batali.
This version was created by Laura Werlin, author of The Joy of Cooking and many other popular cooking books. The texture reminds me of a rich melted chocolate bar like those in the Lindt Swiss Collection. I’ve made it several times, and it has always been a success.
What is the Lindt Hot Chocolate?
The Lindt Hot Chocolate is a luscious, rich hot chocolate made with chocolate-flavored cocoa powder. The recipe is found in many old cookbooks and has been shared by hundreds of chefs and home cooks.
The most well-known version was created by chef Mario Batali who used chocolate liqueur, bittersweet chocolate, caramel, cream, and milk to make a hot dessert chocolate. The result was thick and rich but not too sweet.
How To Prepare Lindt Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Prepare Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 4 min
- Total Time: 14 min
- Serves: 4
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dulce de leche
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- One heaping teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Four scoops of vanilla ice cream
Method of Preparation
First, put the cocoa powder in a bowl and stir in cold water.
Add sugar and mix it with a whisk until sugar is dissolved.
To make a thick consistency like chocolate pudding, boil water and add it to the cocoa powder mixture. Then let it simmer on low heat for two minutes, stirring constantly. Once you see bubbles popping up on the surface of the hot chocolate, turn off the heat and set aside. The mixture should be thick but not lumpy at this point.
Pour the cocoa mixture into a serving bowl. Top it up with whipped cream, cinnamon, and dulce de leche. Add another layer; this time, add the white sugar to it and stir well again until it is dissolved into the hot chocolate.
On the side of your serving bowl, put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of the hot chocolate, and it’s ready to be served.
Nutrition Facts of Lindt Hot Chocolate Recipe
|Total Fat||5.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||24.8 g|
8 Health Benefits of Lindt Hot Chocolate Recipe
1. It’s good for the heart. Chocolate is suitable for your kindness because it contains flavanols and polyphenols, which can reduce cholesterol and help prevent heart disease.
2. It can improve the immune system. Chocolate contains beneficial phytochemicals called flavonols that give the body an extra boost of antioxidants that help fight free radical damage caused by smoking, pollution, and poor nutrition.
3. It can improve memory function and reduce stress. Chocolate contains antioxidant flavonols that reduce stress, increase brain blood flow and improve memory function.
4. It can improve the quality of blood cells. Chocolate can lower the chances of blood clots forming, which is associated with heart disease and stroke.
5. It can promote heart health. Chocolate positively affects blood flow in the heart and keeps blood vessels flexible, which helps prevent blood clots from forming that cause heart attacks and strokes.
6. It can reduce harmful cholesterol levels. Another way chocolate keeps your heart healthy is by lowering unhealthy cholesterol levels.
7. It can lower your risk of developing cancer. Flavanols and other antioxidants in dark chocolate have been shown to reduce cancer risk, especially colorectal cancer.
8 It helps you lose weight. Dark chocolate is fatter than milk chocolate and contains more minerals and vitamins that help you lose weight.
Can you melt Lindt’s balls?
Lindt chocolate balls can be melted. You will either need to microwave your chocolate ball or use a double boiler to melt it. If you use the microwave, place your chocolate ball, heat it for 10-20 seconds, and stir until it is completely melted.
Do you use milk or hot water for hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate is made with hot milk, NOT hot water. You can use powdered milk or regular milk. Some other ingredients can be used to make hot chocolate. You can also use some cooking wine or a mixture of hot water, vanilla and cocoa powder.
Can you turn hot chocolate into bar form?
Lindt makes a chocolate bar in the shape of chocolate balls you can melt for a chocolate fix. You can also make hot chocolate bars with chocolate chips, marshmallows, and graham crackers. For homemade chocolate bars, you can make a regular recipe for hot chocolate and then make the chocolates yourself. I hope this will help those who are looking for a Lindt Recipe.
Is Lindt and Lindor the same?
They are not the same. Lindt hot chocolate is made with cocoa powder, and dulce de leche is made from condensed milk and caramel. So, Lindt’s hot chocolate recipe is made with cocoa powder and dulce de leche.
What is the difference between hot cocoa and hot chocolate?
These two are very different. You can make them by mixing hot chocolate powder, cocoa powder, hot water, and milk. Also, you can add marshmallows, whipped cream, and other ingredients to make it taste better.
Which is healthier, tea or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate is better for you than tea. It is made using milk and chocolate. Tea has no fat, sugar, or calories, so it is not very good for you.
How to store hot chocolate?
You can store hot chocolate in the refrigerator or at room temperature. If you keep it in the fridge, ensure the package does not get too cold. You can control it in the freezer at -20 degrees for about a month, depending on your package size.
Lindt Hot Chocolate Recipe is delicious and easy to make. It also has a lot of health benefits, as listed above. This recipe is easy to cook, and you can also try to create your modern version of this recipe by adding some different ingredients according to your taste. It is best to make this in summer or winter. You can also prepare a bar form of the recipe so you can quickly eat it anytime, anywhere.