Longhorn Chocolate Stampede Cake Recipe This is a delicious, decadent dessert that’s sure to be a hit at any party. It will take a little time to make, but it is well worth the effort.
This delicious, decadent dessert is sure to be a hit at any party. It will take a little time to make, but it is well worth the effort.
This is a chocolate cake recipe with cream cheese frosting and brownie bites for the topping. The brownie bites are made from an easy brownie batter mixed in one bowl.
What Is Longhorn Chocolate Stampede Cake Recipe?
Stampede Cake is a cake made with a base of chocolate cake, cream cheese frosting, and brownie bites for the topping. It’s different from a traditional chocolate cake, but it still has all the great qualities of chocolate cake.
I use dark cocoa powder in this recipe to give it depth and flavor. Dark cocoa powder is very flavorful, so each bite has tons of chocolate flavor. I ensure my white cake batter is rich with dairy butter, adding even more richness and moisture to the cake.
How To Make Longhorn Chocolate Stampede Cake Recipe?
- Prepare Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Bake Time: 55 minutes, cool for about 30 minutes
- Serving Size: 1
For The Brownie Bites:
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup (1 3/4 ounces) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup (1.8 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (10 1/2 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For The Chocolate Cake:
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) sliced almonds
- 1 pound plus. 2 ounces (1 2/3 cups) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons dark cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup (1.75 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (6.5 ounces) of all-purpose flour
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F and set a rack in the center of the oven. Line an 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
Step 2. In a bowl, combine almonds and cocoa powder; set aside.
Step 3. In another bowl, combine flour and baking powder; set aside.
Step 4. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla until combined.
Step 5. Add the cocoa mixture to the sugar mixture and stir until combined thoroughly. Mix in baking soda and flour.
Step 6. Pour batter into prepared pan; spread into an even layer.
Step 7. Bake for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes clean. Allow cake to cool completely before frosting; about 30 minutes.
Step 8. Remove brownie bites from the pan and place them on a foil-lined baking sheet.
Step 9. Bake for about 20 minutes or until they puff up but are still soft. Allow them to cool completely before frosting; about an hour.
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and set a rack in the center of the oven; line a 15 by 10-inch jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper and butter the foil or paper well. Set aside.
Step 2. In a bowl, combine sliced almonds and sugar and microwave on high power for about 30 seconds or until sugar begins to melt. Stir the mixture with a wooden spoon until almonds are coated with sugar; set aside.
Step 3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and cocoa powder on medium speed for about 1 minute or until well blended.
Step 4. In a small bowl, combine baking soda and evaporated milk; beat this mixture into the butter mixture on medium speed for about 1 minute or until well combined.
Step 5. Add eggs to the butter mixture one at a time, beating after each addition.
Step 6. Add the sugar mixture, beating until combined.
Step 7. Add flour, mixing just until blended; do not over-mix the batter.
Step 8. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and pour batter into the prepared pan; spread into an even layer.
Step 9. Bake for about 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes clean. Allow cake to cool completely before frosting; about 30 minutes.
Step 1. Using a serrated knife, trim off the edges of the cake so that it resembles a perfect rectangle; set trimmed pieces aside for snacking later.
Step 2. Place the cake on a wire rack and allow it to cool completely.
Step 3. Invert the cake; remove the parchment paper from underneath (it should be stuck to the cake), and flip it over, so it’s back on top. Remove any remaining form from around the edge.
Step 4. While still inverted, place cut sides of reserved cake pieces against the cake circle; carefully press down on each piece to create a thin layer of chocolate frosting between each piece and on top of the strip. Allow the frosting to harden.
Step 5. If the cake is too stiff to mold, place it in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes; this will soften it.
Step 6. Use a spatula to spread as much of the frosting in the bowl as you can over the top and sides of the cake.
Step 7. Place one layer of brownie bites atop the cake, pressing down lightly but not so hard that they fall out of place.
Step 8. Place another layer of brownies on top and press down; continue this process until you add a top layer or two.
Step 9. Place the final top layer on top.
Step 10. Place the cake in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to make it easier to frost.
Step 11. If you want to add chocolate chips or other decorations, go ahead and do so; decorate as you like but be sure that you don’t over-pack your cakes with toppings, as they will become soggy if too much is packed onto them.
Step 12. Remove the cake from the refrigerator and garnish it as you like.
Step 13. Serve immediately, while frosting is still soft, or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- You could also use dark or milk chocolate chips instead of dark cocoa powder for toppings; for example, if you wanted to use milk chocolate chips instead of dark ones.
- You could also omit the brownie bites and use the chocolate cake as a cupcake or snack cake, or you could also bake a mini version of this recipe if you wanted to.
- Be sure to cover your work surface with aluminum foil and keep it in place while you are frosting; do not let the frosting drip onto your oven, as this will cause a fire inside your oven.
- Be sure to use granulated sugar. If you want to substitute it for another type of sugar, do so but do not use liquid sweeteners. If you’re going to replace brown sugar for granulated or vice versa, do so at your own risk; experiment with different types of brown sugar before making the cake.
- Be sure not to over-bake the brownies; otherwise, they will become too dry and crumbly.
- Be sure to make a copy of this recipe and keep it in a safe place.
Nutrition Fact Of Longhorn Chocolate Stampede Cake Recipe:
|Dietary Fiber||2 G|
10 Amazing Serving Ideas for Longhorn Chocolate Stampede Cake Recipe:
1. For Halloween, make a 4-inch Longhorn head out of cream cheese frosting and decorate the cake with orange icing for a cute Halloween cake.
2. For St. Patrick’s Day, use green food coloring to color the frosting green.
3. For Christmas, add candied fruit to the center of the cake or decorate it with red fruit candies and green icing or gummy worms, cut into a heart shape. Their beauty will be accompanied by your delicious homemade St. Patrick’s Day cake.
4. For Easter, add some green jelly beans to the center of the cake and top it with an Easter Bunny hand-made out of candy.
5. For a simple but delicious summer treat, serve this cake with a tall glass of ice-cold milk.
6. For the 4th of July, top with red, white, and blue sprinkles.
7. For your birthday, you could mold chocolate cake into the number of candles you want and decorate it with colorful frosting; it will be a delicious birthday party!
8. To create a spectacular Valentine’s Day Cake, add some red jelly beans to the center and top with a lacy heart made of red fruit candies.
9. To commemorate your marriage anniversary, you could make a ring mount out of chocolate cake and top it with heart-shaped sprinkles.
10. To celebrate your Christmas tree’s first anniversary, add green jelly beans to the center of one cake layer and decorate it with red candies for that extra touch.
What kind of coffee does Longhorn Steakhouse use?
The coffee they serve is of a high-quality, distinct in its way, and kind. It’s not like the coffee you get from a typical coffee shop or an average diner or restaurant.
You can tell that the brand of coffee they serve is definitely of a distinct kind because it has an aroma that is so good that many would prefer to keep walking as long as possible simply because of the smell.
Is it Healthy?
For health-conscious people, the food served by Longhorn Steakhouse is something you may want to try. Their food has no unhealthy additives and is also rich in fiber and vitamins that are good for human health.
In conclusion, Longhorn Steakhouse has all the qualities of a good steakhouse, and its food is also of the same standard. It’s a delicious way to eat, and if you are looking for an awesome steak in Dallas, this is the place to go or for just about anything else you want.