Magnolia Chocolate Cake Recipe is a rich chocolate cake with a decadent chocolate mousse layer. It is an easy recipe that uses flour, baking soda, baking powder, eggs, and milk for fluffy and moist cake layers.
For the Chocolate Mousse Layer: cream butter in a medium bowl until light and fluffy add sugar gradually, then vanilla extract beat on high speed for 2 minutes. Slowly add the cocoa powder with sour cream until well combined.
Beat at high speed for 1 minute. Spread the chocolate mousse between the cake layers, refrigerate, and firm up before serving.
What is Magnolia Chocolate Cake?
Magnolia Chocolate Cake is a new dessert with layers of chocolate cake and a creamy chocolate mousse filling. Chef Jose Andrés created the cake recipe. This chocolate cake can be made using regular cocoa or dark cocoa, which Jose Andrés prefers.
For the filling, butter, sugar, and sour cream are blended until smooth and creamy. A generous amount of dark or regular unsweetened cocoa powder is added to the mixture while continuing to mix until it has been completely incorporated into the other ingredients.
How To Make Magnolia Chocolate Cake Recipe?
- Prepare Time: 30 minutes
- Bake Time: 35 minutes
- Ready In: 1 hour
- Serves: 10
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 2/3 cup + 2 tbsp (160g) granulated sugar divided
- Three large eggs at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (180ml) whole milk, chilled
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for garnish.
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan.
Step 2. Combine the cocoa powder, 1/2 cup (100 g) of sugar, and 2/3 cup (160 g) of heavy cream in a small saucepan over low heat; stir until smooth. Mix this mixture with the remaining cream in a large bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and chill until ready to use.
Step 3. Beat the remaining sugar with a mixer until smooth, and then add the eggs one at a time. Mix in the milk and vanilla extract.
Step 4. Add this mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients and fold it gently but thoroughly, be careful not to overmix. Pour into the prepared baking pan.
Step 5. Bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes clean. Allow the cake to cool thoroughly before unmolding.
Step 6. To make the chocolate mousse, bring the butter just to a boil in a saucepan, and then whisk it into the cocoa mixture until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.
Step 7. Whip the cream until it is relatively firm. Fold the whipped cream into the cocoa mixture and then fill between layers of cake and on top, cover with plastic wrap, and chill until ready to serve.
Step 8: sprinkle it with powdered sugar before serving. Enjoy!
- If you’re using dark unsweetened cocoa powder, you may want to increase the sugar added to 3/4 cup (150 g).
- Make the cake layers into cupcakes or a 9×13-inch cake. You may have to modify the baking time.
- This recipe is a very basic one, and it’s a good base for experimentation. Try adding some coffee or mint extract to make it more exciting and fresh!
- This chocolate cake can be made using regular cocoa or dark cocoa, which Jose Andrés prefers.
Nutrition Fact Of Magnolia Chocolate Cake Recipe:
|Calories from Fat||200|
Services Ideas for Magnolia Chocolate Cake Recipe:
1. Magnolia Chocolate Cake Recipe can be a base for other types of chocolate desserts like Magnolia Ricotta Torte and Magnolia Chocolate Pudding.
2. Serve Magnolia Chocolate Cake Recipe as a dessert or for breakfast with coffee or tea.
3. Magnolia Chocolate Cake Recipe can be served with yogurt and berries as a healthy breakfast food.
4. Make Magnolia Chocolate Cake Recipe in miniature form.. as cupcakes!
5. You can make Magnolia Chocolate Cake Recipe using milk instead of cream or milk.
6. Make Magnolia Chocolate Cake Recipe into Magnolia Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe.
7. You can serve Magnolia Chocolate Cake Recipe with sugar-free chocolate sauce, chocolate glaze, or chocolate frosting with cocoa powder.
8. You can use cocoa powder not only as food but also as decoration for cakes and desserts! Here are a few ideas for decoration:
9. Use this Chocolate Cake Recipe as a base for the Magnolia Coconut Cake or the Magnolia Strawberry Shortcake Recipe.
10. To make this cake recipe for a crowd, double all ingredients except frosting and increase the baking time to about 55 minutes.
What do you add to a cake for high altitude?
Everyone knows that when making a cake, you need to use a lot of eggs and turn the oven up high. But what about cakes for high altitude? What’s the best way to make a cake for high altitude? Below we have some ideas for your easy baking!
Tips for baking cakes at high altitudes:
1. Baking at high altitudes can be tricky. It is usually necessary to use different ingredients to compensate for foods not being as light as they would be at lower altitudes. When making cakes at high altitudes, add more eggs and flour to moisten the cake.
2. It is best to use a metal pan when baking a cake at high altitudes. This will help make sure that the cake cooks evenly. If you are using glass or Pyrex pans, reduce the temperature of your oven by 25 degrees Fahrenheit or 10 degrees Celsius to make up for the insulation factor of your pan.
3. Baking at high altitudes affects the density of your cake in some profound ways. The air at higher altitudes is thinner, and thus it helps to add about a 1/4 pound more flour into your recipe for every 4 pounds of batter.
4. To help avoid the cake from getting too dense, add liquid to your recipe. This will help to keep it from becoming dry and crusty.
5. Keep in mind that the time to bake a cake at high altitudes is much shorter. After about 50 minutes of baking, check your cake to ensure it’s not over-baked or browning too quickly.
Is it Healthy?
It is healthier to eat healthy than to be fat. Is it a good idea to add a chocolate cake recipe to your daily meal? Of course, it is wise for all of us to eat healthy food. We know that chocolate cake recipes are delicious and tempting but are also not necessarily healthy or good for our bodies.
The new healthy chocolate cake recipe has many beneficial ingredients, like pumpkin, almond milk, and dark chocolate. And, of course, you can use any milk of your choice. Now come to the critical part about this: it is delicious and full of flavor for our body. So, we strongly suggest this healthy chocolate cake recipe to everyone.
We have more ideas for you to make your cooking more delicious and healthy. If you have any problem with this wholesome chocolate cake recipe, please feel free to leave comments in the comment section below.