Magnolia Table Chocolate Cola Cake Recipe is an amazing cake featured on the Food Network and Travel Channel. With a lot of different steps, the recipe makes an impressive-looking dessert. This recipe is easy to make but challenging if you do not follow all the directions precisely.
In the blog post, Step by step Magnolia Table Chocolate Cola Cake Recipe, you will learn how to make Magnolia Table Chocolate Cola Cake, a spin-off of the popular Lemon Pie recipe.
You might have noticed that we have not mentioned the name of this cake in the article title. That is because there are multiple ways to make this amazing dessert, and we will only show you one.
What is Magnolia Table Chocolate Cola Cake?
Magnolia Table Chocolate Cola Cake is a three-layer dessert prepared using only the best ingredients. The cake is made with a chocolate pound cake with a meringue topping that serves as the second layer of the dessert. The cake is also covered with homemade whipped cream and chocolate ganache.
This Magnolia Table Chocolate Cola Cake Recipe was created by Bart Vandaele, who was inspired by his grandmother’s recipes. Bart owns The Reserve, which is located in St. Louis Park, Minnesota.
How to make Magnolia Table Chocolate Cola Cake Recipe?
- Prepare Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 90 Minutes
- Total Time: 95 Minutes
- Serving Size: 12
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup cola (such as Coca-Cola or Pepsi)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup cola
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan and set aside.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, Baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the vegetable oil, cocoa powder, and cola and whisk until well combined. Bring the mixture to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. Add this mixture to the chocolate mixture and mix until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the frosting. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the cocoa powder and cola and whisk until well combined. Bring the mixture to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Whisk in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Stir in the chopped pecans if using.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, spread the frosting evenly.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serving ideas for Magnolia Table Chocolate Cola Cake Recipe
1. Magnolia Table Chocolate Cola Cake Recipe can be enjoyed as a dessert or doused in chocolate ganache.
2. A slice of this Magnolia Table Chocolate Cola Cake is always a good addition to any party. This cake is perfect for birthday celebrations, baby showers, and bridal showers.
3. Double the recipe and make the Magnolia Table Chocolate Cola Cake in two Baking dishes if you need extra servings.
4. You can add chopped nuts to the top of the cake before serving it if you want. Walnuts are delicious with chocolate!
5. You can also cut the cake into small squares, which can be eaten like brownies.
6. You can pair Magnolia Table Chocolate Cola Cake with a cup of coffee or black tea for a treat.
7. You can pair Magnolia Table Chocolate Cola Cake with homemade whipped cream and delicious chocolate sauce!
8. The Magnolia Table Chocolate Cola Cake recipe is perfect for any celebration, whether it be a birthday party, baby shower, bridal shower, or just a gathering of friends!
9. Make sure to make your own whipped cream and chocolate ganache for the best Magnolia Table Chocolate Cola Cake experience!
10. You can make Magnolia Table Chocolate Cola Cake in a glass dish without a Baking pan. Bake the cake in a glass dish with parchment paper on top.
Nutrition Facts of Magnolia Table Chocolate Cola Cake Recipe
|Calories From Fat||80|
Healthy benefits of Magnolia Table Chocolate Cola Cake Recipe
1. This Magnolia Table Chocolate Cola Cake is a fun and delicious way to get some chocolate!
2. This cake will give you all of the taste without eating an entire chocolate bar.
3. The Magnolia Table Chocolate Cola Cake has a frosting made with buttermilk, which helps add calcium and vitamin D to your diet!
4. The Magnolia Table Chocolate Cola Cake is an alternative to a traditional chocolate cake for people tired of the same old baked goods.
5. The Magnolia Table Chocolate Cola Cake recipe is easy to make and perfect for beginner bakers!
6. This cake has a delicious meringue frosting made with half a bottle of cola!
Baking Tips for Magnolia Table Chocolate Cola Cake Recipe
1. Grease the Baking dish well before pouring in the batter and making the cake because you want the cake to come out of the Baking pan easily.
2. Make sure the milk, eggs, and butter are at room temperature before making the cake batter. If they are not, take them out of the refrigerator and let them sit for 30 minutes.
3. Use a whisk for faster results! Mix all ingredients quickly with a whisk to ensure that all ingredients are well combined before you begin baking.
4. Use a toothpick to check if the cake is made. If the toothpick comes out clean, then the cake is made.
5. Use parchment paper while baking. Parchment paper helps keep your Magnolia Table Chocolate Cola Cake from sticking to the pan and makes it easy to remove from the pan.
6. Let your Magnolia Table Chocolate Cola Cake sit for about 20 minutes before you try to remove it from the Baking dish so that it can firm up a little bit and you can easily get it out of the pan.
The Magnolia Table Chocolate Cola Cake Recipe is a great dessert recipe for any party or celebration. This cake is perfect for a birthday, baby, and bridal showers and holiday dinners! You can serve this cake with homemade whipped cream and chocolate sauce.
I hope that you enjoy this Magnolia Table Chocolate Cola Cake recipe! Thanks so much for reading “Make It and Love It!”
What is the difference between chocolate-flavored syrup and chocolate syrup?
Chocolate Syrup combines regular old-fashioned cocoa powder with a small amount of sugar. Some people like to add a bit of water to this mixture to make it slightly less thick. The chocolate-flavored syrup is a syrup that has artificial chocolate flavor added to it.
I don’t have buttermilk for this cake. Can I substitute it with milk in other recipes?
Buttermilk is the liquid left behind after churning butter, so no, you can’t use milk instead of buttermilk in cakes and many other recipes. There are a couple of options if you don’t have buttermilk or can’t get your hands on some. The easiest option is to use 2 tablespoons of vinegar or lemon juice for every cup of regular milk. Let this mixture sit for a minute before adding it to the rest of your ingredients. Another option is to use sour cream in place of buttermilk!
Can I use different types of soda for this cake?
All you need to do is look at the label. You can even use Diet Coke for this recipe, but you might have to reduce the amount of sugar a bit.
What is the best cut of cake?
I recommend using a block of white or yellow cake or a layer cake instead of slices. This way, whole slices aren’t so fatty and cook up more evenly.