If you’re a fan of warm, gooey chocolate chip cookies with a hint of nostalgia, this Mini Cast Iron Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is a must-try.
Baking individual cookies in mini cast iron skillets adds a charming touch and ensures a perfect balance of crispy edges and a soft, chewy center. This recipe is quick, easy, and guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings.
Mini Cast Iron Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 12-15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Serving Size: 2
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Step by Step Directions:
1. Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Prepare the Mini Cast Iron Skillets:
- Lightly grease two mini cast iron skillets (approximately 6 inches in diameter) with butter or cooking spray.
3. Cream the Butter and Sugars:
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add the Wet Ingredients:
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
5. Combine the Dry Ingredients:
- Whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
6. Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients:
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until combined. Be careful not to overmix.
7. Fold in Chocolate Chips:
- Gently fold the semisweet chocolate chips until evenly distributed throughout the cookie dough.
8. Divide and Press into Skillets:
- Divide the cookie dough into two equal portions and press each part into the prepared mini cast iron skillets, spreading it evenly.
- Place the skillets in the preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the center is set but still soft.
10. Cool Slightly and Serve: – Allow the cookies to cool in the skillets for a few minutes before serving. For an extra treat, top with a scoop of warm vanilla ice cream.
11. Enjoy: – Grab a spoon and indulge in the irresistible charm of your Mini Cast Iron Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookies. Please share with a friend or keep them all to yourself!
These Mini Cast Iron Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookies are a delightful way to enjoy a classic treat with a unique twist. Whether baking for a special occasion or just treating yourself, this recipe will indeed become a favorite in your repertoire.
Nutrition facts of Mini Cast Iron Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe?
|Total Fat||16.2 gm|
8 health benefits of Mini Cast Iron Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:
1. high in protein:
The three eggs in this recipe provide the essential protein your body needs
2. low in fat:
The two tablespoons of butter in this recipe are very low in fat, and it’s an excellent source of saturated fat without being high on calories
3. rich in fiber:
The added egg yolk and dark brown sugar give this cookie its signature texture
4. rich in calcium:
It will help you rebuild your muscles and bones.
5. an excellent source of phosphorus:
It will help you build strong bones and teeth
6. the good source of vitamin b12:
It’s an essential nutrient for the heart and supports overall cardiovascular health
7. low in sodium:
This recipe has very little sodium, which is preferable for all people on a low sodium diet, although consuming excess sodium can be dangerous
8. the good source of potassium:
It regulates fluid balance by influencing the excretion of urine and also controls blood pressure.
What makes your cookies soft and chewy?
Several additives can be used to make your cookies soft. In this recipe, the use of a mixture of whole wheat flour and white flour does the trick of making the cookies soft and chewy.
Whole wheat flour is usually a mixture of white and brown flour, giving it a fine flavor. The brown husk color makes it appear darker, but when baked, it will not affect your cookie’s taste or level of hardness.
Why do my chocolate chip cookies get hard after cooling?
One important thing that you need to remember is that once your chocolate chip cookies have cooled, the chocolate chips will lose their soft texture and thicken again.
This is because even after you put the cookie in the oven for baking, there is still about a ¼ inch of melted chocolate in the pan. This does not affect your baking, but as soon as it cools, it becomes hard again.
What cookies stay fresh the longest?
Most cookies, especially freshly baked cookies, can last up to one week in an airtight container. However, if you are not going to use your fresh baked batch soon, you need to store them in an airtight container so they will retain their freshness.
Baking is a process that takes time and energy, so most people tend to eat maybe half of the batch right after baking. The rest gets frozen, and then once it’s time for another set of cookies, the remainder of the dough gets used again.
This is an excellent recipe if you want authentic, soft, chewy cookies with rich flavor and slightly nutty crunch. You can use it as a base for your creations if you have enough ingredients.
You can use any additional ingredients that you like. I like to add nuts and chocolate chips to this recipe because I’ve been making these for the last 23 years now and know the recipe by heart.