The mushroom Hot Chocolate Recipe is a recipe I came up with a few weeks ago. I love trying new chocolate recipes and found this the perfect opportunity. The combination of mushrooms and chocolate is delicious! With a range of flavors and textures, it’s hard to go wrong. This particular beverage provides more than just coffee.
What is Mushroom Hot Chocolate Recipe?
Mushroom Hot Chocolate Recipe is a hot beverage with chocolate chips and mushrooms. It’s an easy and fun drink that kids can enjoy as well. You can mix the ingredients in a blender or whizz their components in a food processor. The chocolate flavor is intense and works well with other flavors like coffee, mint, chocolate chips, vanilla – whatever your taste buds crave for that day.
There are many types of mushrooms on the market today. Some are spicier than others if you’re not used to having them in your diet. I have to say that this particular recipe is very mild. You can add more or fewer spices if you want a deeper flavor.
What Kind of Mushroom?
You could use any mushrooms that you like in this recipe. I have chosen white button and cremini mushrooms (aka “baby Bella”). These are a good size for this recipe, but they take longer to cook. There are also other varieties available. Shiitake is another popular choice. Check your local supermarket or health food store for a variety of options.
How To make Mushroom Hot Chocolate Recipe?
- Prepare time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 12 minutes or fewer
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Serves: 2 Cups
- 2 Cups of Milk (almond, soy, or cow)
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper (or your favorite spice blend )
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Two cups of chopped mushrooms. You can use either white or cremini mushrooms. This stays very soft when cooked, so you could make this drink in a food processor if you wish to save time. Just be sure not to over-process them, or they’ll turn mush.
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp of Cocoa Powder, regular or Fat-Free (it all tastes the same)
- Dash of Cinnamon Spice
1/2 Cup of Chocolate Chips or to taste. These are optional, but I highly recommend them. I found a new brand of mini chocolate chips at my local grocery store. I love them because they are smaller and don’t melt as quickly.
Mix all of the ingredients in a large mug until they form a nice paste. (Get your fingers involved – it’s fun!) Add your choice of toppings. I prefer chocolate chips but use whatever you like or have on hand.
Get your favorite hot chocolate mug, pint glass, or another heatproof bowl, and add water to the bottom so that it comes halfway up the cup—microwave for 60 seconds.
Add your hot chocolate mixture to your mug/glass/bowl and stir until well blended. Enjoy!
You could experiment with less or more water for consistency.
If you’ve tried this recipe, please comment and give it a rating! It’s helpful when others try to figure out how well a recipe works. Also, please let me know if you have any suggestions or changes to make this formula work better! I’ll gladly help ensure other people will love the recipe too! Please let me know if I need to change the ingredients in any way for you as well.
Nutrition Fact of Mushroom Hot Chocolate Recipe:
Some serving ideas for Mushroom Hot Chocolate Recipe:
- Add a splash of Bailey’s, Kahlua, or Hot Chocolate Mix for a different flavor.
- Top with marshmallows or whipped cream for a sweet treat.
- Add some cayenne pepper for a spicy kick!
- Add some chocolate syrup to accent the chocolate flavor.
- Add a splash of vanilla extract.
Is mushroom hot chocolate good for you?
This is an excellent drink for kids as well as adults. The mushroom protects them from unhealthy ingredients like sugar and high fat. Mushrooms also contain antioxidants that may help protect the heart and brain from free radicals. The mushrooms contribute to the taste and texture of this hot chocolate beverage. They are also a good source of selenium and copper, which are needed for healthy hair, skin, nails, and bones. Be sure to serve this drink with a healthy snack like nuts or fruit on the side, and enjoy!
What can you mix with mushroom powder?
When I first got into the mushroom business, I knew there was a lot of potentials; that’s when I started inventing ways to use them. Mushroom Powder is so versatile and can be added to almost any dish. A few of my favorite recipes were:
- Add it to your eggs, bacon, or sausage in the morning (adds great flavor without overpowering). Mix 1-2 tbsp in a cup and pour it into your scrambled eggs. It adds a meaty, hearty taste.
- Add a couple of tablespoons to your pizza sauce for a meaty, umami flavor.
- Add some to your marinara sauce and mix it with your pasta.
- Mix it with onions, garlic, and spices, then saute it in a bit of oil for a flavor boost. (Mushroom turns onions from snotty to scrumptious!)
- Add some to your favorite BBQ sauce or marinades for an extra kick!
- Add some to your dog treats. (I’m working on a recipe for this now, so stay tuned!)
I hope you’re hungry for some Mushroom Hot Chocolate Recipe. It’s a real winner!
Try some Mushroom Hot Chocolate Party at your next party and get the host some new friends! The first one will be in love with you!
I know this recipe will be a hit at your next gathering. You can have Mushroom Hot Chocolate as an appetizer or dessert or serve it alongside some of your favorite foods. Have fun adding a few toppings of your choice, or have fun with the recipe as written. Either way, this recipe will be a hit at your next get-together.
If you love Mushroom Hot Chocolate Recipe, please Tweet or Share it with your friends!
You can also follow us on Facebook or Google+.
Thanks for visiting us! Please comment if you like our Mushroom Hot Chocolate Recipe, and don’t forget to share it with your family and friends! If you want more recipes like this, sign up for my mailing list below.