Nancy B’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe is a chocolate chip cookie recipe that is loved for its use of brown sugar instead of granulated white sugar and butter.
Nancy B’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe makes a soft, slightly chewy cookie with a crackly top and wonderful, deep butterscotch flavor. Not too sweet, they are the perfect foil to milk and an afternoon pick-me-up.
What is Nancy B’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe?
The story of Nancy B’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe begins in December 1976, when the Christmas cookie contest in “Gourmet” magazine yielded $10,000 for the winner and was won by a recipe from a little-known writer named Nancy Baggett Burnett.
How To Make Nancy B’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe?
- Prepare Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 9-11 Minutes
- Total Time: 20-21 Minutes
- Yield: 24 servings (1 cookie per serving)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably Dutch-processed)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed (not packed too firmly)
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, cut into 12 pieces
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) of chocolate chips (preferably Nestlé Toll House [company] or a similar brand)
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Add the brown sugar, butter, and granulated white sugar; mix with a spoon or rubber spatula until blended. (Or you can use an electric mixer.) Mix in the egg until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. (Do not over stir.)
On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough 1/4-inch thick.
Cut the cookies using a round cookie cutter or a drinking glass dipped in flour. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets, 1 to 2 inches apart. (Or you can use baking mats.)
Bake until the cookies crackle on top and appear set on the edges but still soft in the center, 9 to 11 minutes; the centers will firm up as they cool. Place the baking sheets on a rack to cool completely. Serve at room temperature.
Nutrition Fact Of Nancy B’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:
|Total Fat||6g (Cholesterol 0mg)|
|Vitamin C||0mg (0%DV)|
10 Services Ideas For Nancy B’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:
1. Nancy B’s Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is one of the easiest cookie recipes you can make. It’s a delicious, soft, chewy cookie with butter and brown sugar. It makes a great snack when your cookie cravings hit in the night.
2. Nancy B’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe is an excellent party if you want to include casual and fun food on the buffet table. It is also perfect for family and friend gatherings such as birthday parties and anniversaries.
3. Nancy B’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe can be a great gift for your friends. They are easy and simple to make, and it is fun to give this as a gift. You can even make Nancy B’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe at home with your kids. This will be a fun family activity if you teach them how to make the recipe.
4. You can bake this recipe even if you have diabetes since it is a low-carbohydrate, low-calorie, and fat-free cookie.
5. As you have probably noticed, it is a very simple recipe and easy to make, so you can look for other ways and add some ingredients to Nancy B’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. You can try adding some pecans or almonds, or even pine nuts to the batter. You can also use two sticks of butter instead of one.
6. You need to take extra care when baking the cookies to be careful because if you overbake them, the cookies will turn out to be too hard and crunchy than chewy. So it is best to check the cookies regularly since it will not take more than 12 minutes for these cookies to cook.
7. Nancy B’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe can be served for breakfast or as a snack, and it is very easy to cook.
8. If you are on a diet, you can also eat this soft and chewy cookie. You will not feel guilty or guilty at all if you binge on one of these cookies.
9. This recipe is also one of the best low-fat recipes to lose weight since it is low in fat ingredients and calories.
10. These cookies can also be your choice for gifts for friends. They will love them and be grateful to you for giving a personal recipe that they can’t find in the store.
What do Nancy B’s Chocolate Chip Cookies Taste Like?
The secret is the butter, which adds extra moisture and an unbeatable flavor that enhances the taste of the chocolate. Nancy B’s Chocolate Chip Cookies taste like a soft and delicious sugar cookies, with a deep, toasty flavor that’s more like toasted nuts than sugar cookies. They are rich, buttery in texture, and melt in your mouth.
Nancy B’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe is an old, simple cookie made with all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, brown sugar, and butter. The taste of the batter is rich and unforgettable. If you like the taste of brown sugar, you will love this recipe.
Can I Stor This?
This depends on the type of recipe you are storing. You cannot hold a cookie that contains eggs, such as Nancy B’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. But if there are no eggs in the recipe, such as chocolate chip cookies, they can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
What Is The Difference Between A Cake And A Cookie?
The difference between a cookie and a cake is not always clear or easy to define. However, there are still some similarities and differences that you need to consider.
A cookie is baked using flour and other ingredients. Baking powder or baking soda are used to leaven the batter. The baking time is usually a short period.
Cookie recipes come in various shapes, sizes and flavors, but they do not include egg yolks as ingredients and typically contain no butter or oil. Cookies do not need to be stacked soundly like chocolate chip cookies.
If you love the buttery taste of a sugar cookie, you can make it at home using simple ingredients that are easily available in your kitchen. I hope you will try this recipe, and please comment below if you have any questions. Thank you!
Share and Enjoy!