If you are looking for a healthier alternative to dairy-based hot cocoa, this Non Dairy Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe is the perfect option. It tastes just as rich and decadent as the original recipe, but it’s made with wholesome ingredients. Whip up a batch tonight!
How to make Non Dairy Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe?
- prepare time: 5 minutes
- cook time: 5 minutes
- total time:10 minutes
- servings: 6
- 1 cup of nondairy creamer
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- ¼ cup of unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- 1-2 tsp. Vanilla extract (optional)
Add all ingredients to an airtight container. Stir well and seal tightly.
Store in a cool and dry place for up to 6 months before using.
Add 1 ½ cups of hot water to a mug and three tablespoons of the Non Dairy Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe, and stir well until the mixture has thickened up.
Add a splash of almond milk or milk of your choice, along with ½ to 1 cup of ice cubes. Stir well again, and enjoy this non-dairy hot chocolate!
Toppings and garnishes:
Chocolate syrup, chopped nuts, and whipped cream make a delicious topping.
About the Author:
Chelsea is the blogger behind Wholesome Om Nom. She loves sharing healthy living tips, recipes, and all things beauty!
Nutrition Facts of Non Dairy Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe:
Serving ideas for Non Dairy Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe
- Serve hot.
- Add chocolate syrup to the top of your cocoa mix drink for a deliciously decadent treat!
- Have fun mixing and matching this recipe with other hot chocolate mixes and toppings for creative hot cocoa indulgence!
- Top off the original recipe with a dollop of whipped cream, crushed candy canes, and crushed nuts to make it look like your favorite holiday drink!
- We love adding a little more vanilla and cocoa powder for a little extra kick.
- Use coconut milk instead of water to make this recipe completely vegan!
- To lower the fat even more, use whole milk instead of a creamer for some added calcium.
- Add a few tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder to the mixture for an extra chocolatey kick.
- You can use chocolate-flavored coconut creamer instead of vanilla if you’d like.
- Substitute cashews with peanuts, walnuts, or other favorite nuts to make this nondairy beverage even more delicious!
You will love how easy it is to make this super healthy hot chocolate the old-fashioned way, but with a little twist that adds extra flavor and nutrition! It’s no wonder it has so many fans! Don’t forget to check out the other recipes on Wholesome Om Nom for more nondairy delights. Enjoy!
What can I use instead of milk in hot chocolate?
Coconut milk is an excellent substitute for milk.
Where can I buy nondairy creamer?
Nondairy creamer is widely available in health food stores and online.
Do nondairy chocolate chips work in this recipe?
Yes, they will work perfectly! For the best results, use vegan dark chocolate chips that you can purchase online on Amazon or at major grocery stores.
What is a healthy hot chocolate recipe?
It would help if you used a nonfat creamer as they are generally lower in calories and fat. We do not recommend using a sugary variety as this will add unnecessary sugars and calories. Avoid adding additional sugar and limit the amount of chocolate syrup added to your drink.