Indulge in the ultimate comfort drink with this decadent Pampered Chef Hot Chocolate recipe. Whether cozying up by the fireplace on a chilly winter evening or craving a sweet treat, this hot chocolate is the perfect choice. Made with high-quality ingredients and a touch of love, it will warm your heart and delight your taste buds.
How to make Pampered Chef Hot Chocolate Recipe?
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Serving Size: 4 servings
For the Hot Chocolate:
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz high-quality semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
For Toppings (Optional):
- Whipped cream
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate shavings or cocoa powder for garnish
- Caramel sauce (for drizzling)
- Crushed peppermint candies (for a festive touch)
Step by Step Directions:
1. Gather Your Ingredients: Ensure you have all the ingredients handy before starting. This will help you prepare your Pampered Chef Hot Chocolate efficiently.
2. Chop the Chocolate: Begin by chopping the high-quality semisweet chocolate into small pieces. Using high-quality chocolate will make a significant difference in the flavor of your hot chocolate.
3. Combine Milk and Cream: In a Pampered Chef saucepan or a medium-sized pot, pour the whole milk and heavy cream. Place it over medium heat and warm it up until it’s hot but not boiling. Stir occasionally to prevent scorching.
4. Add Chocolate and Cocoa: Once the milk and cream are hot, add the chopped semisweet chocolate and unsweetened cocoa powder. Stir continuously until the chocolate and cocoa completely melt, and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
5. Sweeten to Taste: Sprinkle in the granulated sugar and continue stirring until fully dissolved. Adjust the sweetness according to your preference by adding more sugar if needed.
6. Add Vanilla and Salt: Stir pure vanilla extract and a pinch of salt to enhance the flavors. The salt will balance the sweetness and make the hot chocolate taste richer.
7. Serve Hot: Once everything is well combined, and the hot chocolate is hot but not boiling, it’s ready to serve. Pour the luxurious Pampered Chef Hot Chocolate into mugs or cups.
8. Add Toppings: If desired, top each serving with whipped cream, mini marshmallows, and a drizzle of caramel sauce. You can also sprinkle some chocolate shavings or cocoa powder for an extra touch of elegance. Crushed peppermint candies work wonders for a festive twist.
9. Enjoy Your Pampered Chef Hot Chocolate: Serve your hot chocolate immediately, and savor every sip of this delightful treat. Don’t forget to enjoy it with your favorite cookies or biscuits for the perfect pairing.
In just 15 minutes, you’ll have a luxurious and velvety hot chocolate that’s sure to impress. Pamper yourself and your loved ones with this irresistible recipe, and create cherished memories with each comforting cup.
Nutrition facts of Pampered Chef Hot Chocolate Recipe:
8 health benefits of Pampered Chef Hot Chocolate Recipe:
1. high in protein:
The high protein level in this hot chocolate recipe helps to recover muscles and sugar for energy after physical activity. Consume after a workout or enjoy daily for a healthy body.
2. rich in fiber:
The fiber content in this Pampered Chef Hot Chocolate Recipe is twice as much as that found in other hot chocolates on the market. You will pass stool faster, resulting in a healthy gastrointestinal tract. The fiber also helps you to feel fuller longer and reduces the chances of developing heart disease and diabetes.
3. rich in flavonoids:
Flavonoids are antioxidants that protect cells from damage and repair damaged tissues. By consuming high levels of flavonoids, you can reduce your risk of developing certain cancers and heart diseases.
4. rich in protein:
Protein helps form new tissues in your body and repair old ones. Protein is essential for the growth and maintenance of muscle mass and helps ward off muscle tissue breakdown due to regular physical activity.
5. lower in calories:
This hot chocolate recipe is lower in calories and fat than other hot chocolates. The sugar from the chocolate is less than the sugar from the marshmallows or caramel.
6. great for people with diabetes:
A study published by the National Research Council of Canada has shown that rich fiber content and protein contribute to lowering blood sugar, insulin levels, and body weight among those diagnosed with diabetes. Therefore, this type of beverage reduces your chances of developing diabetes.
7. suitable for your heart:
High in fiber, rich in protein, and low in fat, this hot chocolate recipe helps to maintain good heart health by lowering cholesterol levels.
8. suitable for your bones:
This Pampered Chef Hot Chocolate Recipe is high in calcium, reducing the risk of osteoporosis.
Can you heat chocolate milk to make hot chocolate?
Yes. You can heat milk on the stove and add chocolate, then whisk until melted. You could also use a microwave to warm milk, let it cool for 2 minutes, then whisk in powdered chocolate & sugar until it’s melted. Pour into cups and top with marshmallows or whipped cream!
What’s the best way to make hot chocolate?
Mix 1 cup of hot milk with one oz. of chocolate powder. Heat the microwave for one minute on high, stirring every 30 seconds. When melted, add marshmallows or whipped cream, and enjoy!
Do you put boiling water in hot chocolate?
You can undoubtedly put hot water in your hot chocolate, but you will get a thicker, creamier texture if you heat it in the microwave for about five minutes.
Why does hot chocolate mix better in hot water?
Because the chocolate is not melted when you mix it in and will dissolve better when hot water is added to the cup.
How much sugar is in the hot chocolate mix?
The standard amount of sugar in most hot chocolate mixes is 2 tbsp per 6 oz. Cup of milk, although you can add less or more depending on your taste.
What happens to your body when you drink hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate is a warm, comforting drink with many health benefits. Drinking hot chocolate has been linked to helping with losing weight, lowering cholesterol, and even preventing cavities.
How can you make hot chocolate thick?
This recipe is excellent for thick hot chocolate! Combine two cups of milk and six oz. Of chocolate chips in a pan over medium heat. Stir frequently until melted. Add one teaspoon of sugar (or to taste) and 1/2 cup of whipped topping.
Which is worse for you, coffee or hot chocolate?
This depends. If you go the coffee route, the caffeine level is much more robust than in hot chocolate. It’s also essential to keep your coffee and hot chocolate separate, as they tend to cancel out each other’s effects.
If you drink two cups of hot chocolate daily, don’t expect an increase in energy or weight loss. Hot chocolate has so many health benefits because it contains many nutrients that improve health.
A hot chocolate recipe that is warm and filling and which can be quickly started without any effort. It is also easy to adapt to every taste. Perfect for kids too. It remains in the refrigerator for two days till its required strength so it can be consumed whenever you want to.