If you’re a fan of Potbelly’s delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, you’re in for a treat! With this recipe, you can recreate those soft, chewy, and oh-so-satisfying cookies in your kitchen. Whether baking for yourself or sharing with friends and family, these cookies will surely be a hit.
Potbelly Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
- Total Time: 27-29 minutes
- Serving Size: Approximately 24 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Step by Step Directions:
1. Preheat Your Oven
- Start by preheating your oven to 350°F (180°C). This will ensure it’s ready when you prepare the cookie dough.
2. Sift the Dry Ingredients
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Sifting helps to ensure the even distribution of these dry ingredients and eliminates any lumps.
3. Combine the Wet Ingredients
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. You can use an electric mixer or do this by hand.
4. Add Eggs and Vanilla
- Beat the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract. Continue to mix until everything is well combined.
5. Gradually Add Dry Ingredients
- Gradually add the sifted dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until combined. Be careful not to overmix, as this can lead to tough cookies.
6. Fold in the Oats and Chocolate Chips
- Gently fold the rolled oats and chocolate chips until evenly distributed throughout the dough. This is where the magic of the oatmeal chocolate chip cookie begins!
7. Portion and Shape the Cookies
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheet using a spoon or cookie scoop, leaving enough space between each cookie for spreading.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are golden brown but the centres are still slightly soft. Remember that cookies continue to cook a bit after you take them out of the oven due to residual heat, so be cautious not to overbake.
9. Cool and Enjoy
- Once baked, remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. This step is essential for achieving that perfect chewy texture.
What Are The Nutritional Facts Of the Potbelly Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe?
Per Serving (1/15th recipe)
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.7 g|
What is a Potbelly Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe?
A Potbelly Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe is a classic. These cookies are soft chunks of oatmeal and chocolate chip topped with a bit of icing sugar.
They’re the perfect way to end a long week and great for dunking in your favorite cup of coffee. This cookie is a classic. It’s the perfect mix between a cake and a cookie, with soft chunks of oatmeal and chocolate chips.
While waiting for your cookies to cool, make the icing by melting the butter and adding the cocoa powder and powdered sugar.
Are Potbelly cookies good?
Yes, they are. Our Potbelly cookies are soft and chewy. They have a rich, delicious taste. Plus, they’re certified gluten-free!
What is the difference between Chocolate Chip Cookies and Oatmeal Cookies?
The difference between chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal cookies is that chocolate chip cookies are made of regular chocolate chips, and oatmeal cookies use rolled oats instead of flour to create them. Some also use lots of raisins and other fruit.
What is a potbelly?
A potbelly, or pot belly, was once taken to mean a large stomach because it is an informal expression used to refer to the bulging stomach of men or woman that has gone beyond its normal size.
A potbelly could result from overeating, but it could also happen to those who have undergone strenuous exercises and have not taken in enough liquids containing electrolytes.
Today’s article is on “Potbelly Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe,” an easy-to-make recipe. The recipe requires just a few ingredients and a few simple steps. The oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe is just that! A good old-fashioned, classic cookie.
Since we are all busy people, I have taken information from other sites with “Potbelly Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe” posted. This helps me pass the information on to you without spending hours in the kitchen trying different recipes.