Recipe For Chocolate Walnut Cake is a delicious dessert that can be made with ingredients commonly found in any kitchen. The cake is straightforward to make, and because there are no complicated steps, it’s a dish you can whip up quickly when you want a quick treat.
This dessert is one of the sweetest cakes, so if you want something a little less sugary or rich, try the Recipe For Raspberry Cake.
How to make Recipe For Chocolate Walnut Cake?
- Prepare Time: 0:10
- Bake Time: 40-45 minutes
Ingredients for Recipe For Chocolate Walnut Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder (for those who want to use dark chocolate versions, you may use 3/4 cup of cocoa powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup butter (use salted butter if you prefer)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs + 3 egg yolks (or 4 eggs) mixed thoroughly. You can use the Shake and Fold Method to make egg whites first.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup walnuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips (or you can substitute with milk chocolate chunks, which are more stable)
- Dessert Ingredients
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Water (for those who want to use dark chocolate versions, you may substitute this step with cocoa powder or 50% of the flour) [Also, for those who want to use milk chocolate chips instead of chocolate chips, substitute these ingredients with milk]
Step 1. You multiply the ingredient quantities by how much the first two ingredients are.
Step 2. The rest of the ingredients are mixed thoroughly and then with all other ingredients.
Step 3. You mix it all at once (don’t try to be too careful in mixing because it is your cake, after all).
Step 4. Bake in two 9″x13″ baking pans.
Step 5. Put them in the oven at 350 F. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Step 6. Cool the cakes for about an hour or two, then frost them with a creamy chocolate frosting layer sandwiched between two layers of red velvet cake.
Before you start making a Recipe For Chocolate Walnut Cake:
- You will need to prepare all ingredients to begin with, step 1.
- It would be best if you designed the mixture containing all the required elements for making this dessert.
- It would help if you allowed your oven to reach 350 F by preheating it first so that you can start with step 2.
- Make sure you have all the ingredients ready before starting with step 1.
• You may substitute the flour with all-purpose white flour if you wish.
• The eggs and butter can be substituted by using more than half of the same ingredient quantity, but you must use the same ingredient. For example, if you want to use two eggs (instead of three eggs), make sure you use 2/3 cup sugar and 1/2 cup of butter instead.
• You should always use the same type of ingredient for all the ingredients in this recipe.
• You should make sure that you mix all ingredients thoroughly.
• You should cool the mixture for about 20 minutes before pouring it onto the baking pan.
• The eggs and butter can be substituted using one egg yolk and one egg white, but you must use butter instead of oil.
Serving Ideas for Recipe For Chocolate Walnut Cake:
- Take a piece of cake and put it on top of a cup of coffee or tea
- Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Serve it with a scoop of chocolate ice cream
- Serve it with some sliced strawberries or bananas
- Make this into a layer cake and serve it with ice cream or whipped cream on top
- Serve as a mother’s day/father’s day cake.
- Serve it with ice cream or whipped cream on top
- Use this in a banana split cake and serve it with red velvet ice cream and chocolate syrup
- Make this into a layer cake and use the toppings of your choice, garnished with some red maraschino cherry lollipops.
- Give it as a parting gift to children on Children’s Day.
- Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Make some chocolate chip cookies and serve them with the frosting, walnuts, chocolate sauce, or any other fruit syrup you prefer.
Nutrition Fact of Chocolate Walnut Cake:
|Good cholesterol (HDL)||15%|
|Bad Cholesterol (LDL)||20%|
Healthy benefits of Chocolate Walnut Cake:
- The chocolate walnut cake is rich in fiber, making you feel complete for a long time and improving your body’s metabolism.
- This dessert can improve your eyesight and make you think more clearly because it contains beta-carotene, a nutrient needed to produce some critical enzymes and molecules in the eye. Beta-carotene also protects the eye’s retina from damage and helps absorb more vitamin A, which helps prevent night blindness.
- It is also rich in iron, which can improve hemoglobin production and help prevent anemia.
- This dessert also has high nutritional value and contains many vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. Some of the nutrients that have been found in this dessert include vitamin B1 (thiamine), vitamin C, folate, and niacin.
- It also contains beta-carotene, a valuable nutrient for good eyesight and preventing night blindness.
- It can also help lower your blood pressure since it is rich in potassium.
- It is also recommended to improve your digestive system since it contains a lot of fiber.
- It also contains a small amount of zinc, which contributes to your immunity power.
- It can prevent heart diseases because it contains a lot of niacin, vitamin C, potassium, and calcium.
- It is also suitable for people who suffer from obesity because it can boost your metabolism rate.
The chocolate walnut cake is one of the most delicious, unique, and unique chocolate recipes. This dessert is rich in chocolate and healthy ingredients that are needed for good health. This dessert can also be used for mother’s day, thanksgiving, children’s day, and Christmas dinner.
Try it out and enjoy!
I hope that now you know how to make chocolate walnut cake! Don’t forget to share it with your friends and family if you’ve made this recipe.
If you have any questions about this recipe, please comment below. I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Can I use walnut oil instead of walnuts?
Sure, but you can also try other or no nuts.
Can I use another liquid sweetener instead of maple syrup?
You can, but since maple syrup is a healthier option because it contains many nutrients and antioxidants, I suggest you try it with the real thing.
Do I have to toast the nuts first?
No, but you should lightly brown them in a pan before frosting them. Otherwise, the cake will be too oily for your taste.
Do I have to use a muffin pan?
You don’t have to; you can bake the cake on a baking sheet. But since the recipe is very sticky and dense, a muffin pan is recommended.
What kind of pan should I use?
You can use any pans you prefer, but silicone baking pans are recommended if you want a great result. Those pans are made of silicone and are always gentle and non-sticky when cooking the mixtures.