Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipe is a chocolate-based dessert that is fun to make and eat. It is best to use a vanilla ice cream that has been frozen to create a coating on the marshmallows that will offer some resistance when you bite them.
The red velvet cookies are made for the base of the dessert. Chocolate and Red velvet is an iconic combination that pairs perfectly with hot cocoa.
What is the Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Bomb?
It is a hot cocoa bowl with a marshmallow at the bottom that you can dip in chocolate. The Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Bomb is a quick and easy dessert recipe to make. Vernors, the liqueur in this recipe, is a nice touch that gives it that extra touch of sweetness without it being too overpowering.
How To Prepare Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipe
- Prepare Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Two egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Two sticks of unsalted butter
- 6 oz. dark chocolate
- 3 Tbsp. water, separated
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Four oz. chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Method of Preparation
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish by greasing or lining it with parchment paper.
Mix flour, salt, and baking powder together in a bowl.
Whisk the egg whites in another bowl until they form stiff peaks. Mix 1/2 cup sugar and the butter in a large bowl until creamy.
Add the vanilla extract to the mixture before adding one-third of the whipped egg whites, flour mixture, and red food coloring. Mix the frosting thoroughly.
Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe the frosting into the corners of an even layer. Bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees F or until the surface of your frosting bounces back when touched. Remove from oven and wait for the frosting to completely cool.
Break the chocolate into pieces and melt in a microwave oven or over a double boiler.
Pour the melted chocolate over your cooled red velvet frosting. Using a blowtorch, toast the chocolate until it is crisp. Invert onto a piece of parchment paper before removing from the baking dish.
Place some vanilla ice cream into a bowl. Top with red velvet hot chocolate bomb frosting. You can also break up the marshmallows or cut them into small pieces before serving them with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts of Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipe
|Total Carbs||24 g|
8 Health Benefits of Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipe
1. Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipe is an excellent option for a special occasion dessert. It’s delicious, filling, and goes great with a cup of hot cocoa.
2. Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipe is a great food option for stress relief because you can enjoy it while watching tv or during work hours with minimal fuss and mess.
3. Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipe provides a nutritional punch because it is rich in calcium, iron, magnesium, and zinc, which helps strengthen bones and teeth; it also helps in overall efficient brain functioning.
4. Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipe is a great food option for stress relief because you can enjoy it while watching tv or during work hours with minimal fuss and mess.
5. Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipe has antioxidants that fight against cancer cells and boost the immune system.
6. The red dye found in Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipe is good for your heart because it lowers blood pressure, controls cholesterol, and gets to rid of plaque in your arteries; also great for brain function because it can make the brain cells more receptive to the learning process.
7. Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipe helps in weight loss by reducing calorie intake. It has high carb content that doesn’t stick to Fat.
8. Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipe is a great dessert option for a dinner party or get-together because it is easy and quick to prepare.
Are hot cocoa Bombs better with milk or water?
Hot cocoa bombs are best served with milk and hot cocoa. But you can also do it with chocolate sauce and marshmallows.
What is Marshmallow?
Marshmallow is an ample, sweet yeast-based food with a glue-like consistency and taste. It is made by boiling egg whites with sugar, water, gelatin, and flavorings like vanilla or lemon extract to make an edible foam.
How long can you keep Hot Chocolate Bombs in the refrigerator?
You can store hot chocolate bombs in the refrigerator for up to 3 days if they are appropriately covered. You should be able to lift the cover-up and see a little of the dessert come out from underneath. You can squeeze the bomb into the second half of its original shape. The cream-filled version will last for about a week in the refrigerator and about a month in the freezer – better to store them in the freezer.
Why do my hot chocolate bombs keep melting?
If the hot chocolate bombs become too soft to handle, you can put them in the freezer for a couple of hours, which will harden them.
Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipe is a sweet dessert for your family and friends to get together. It’s easy to make, delicious, filling, and goes great with a cup of hot cocoa. If you have a sweet tooth and are looking for a quick and easy dessert, then Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipe is the right choice.
This dessert recipe is rich in red velvet cake, sweet and creamy marshmallows, chocolate chunks, vanilla frosting, and chocolate syrup. You can enjoy it without guilt because no refined sugars or preservatives exist.