These chocolate rice cakes make for a crunchy, sweet treat or snack. They come together in just a few minutes and are always a hit with kids and adults alike!
How to make Rice Cake Chocolate Recipe?
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 8 chocolate rice cakes
- 8 plain large rice cakes
- 12 ounces semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Toppings of your choice (sprinkles, chopped nuts, crushed candy, etc.)
- Line a large plate or baking sheet with parchment paper. Place rice cakes in a single layer on the prepared surface.
- Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth.
- Dip the top of each rice cake into the melted chocolate, allowing any excess to drip off. Sprinkle or decorate with toppings if using.
- Place back onto lined plate/baking sheet. Refrigerate rice cakes for 15-20 minutes or until chocolate hardens.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Carefully peel parchment paper off before eating. Enjoy!
Nutrition Fact of Rice Cake Chocolate Recipe:
Serving ideas for Rice Cake Chocolate Recipe:
1. It makes an excellent dessert as you can serve this dessert with a cup of tea or coffee.
2. You can also use it as party food to serve your guests.
3. It can be used in the Rice Cake Chocolate Cakes at the bakery. Still, you will make the recipe healthier by using cake flour instead of all-purpose flour and make it preservative-free by using honey or maple syrup instead of sugar syrup (which has preservatives).
4. You can also use the Cake flour for cooking and baking other desserts.
5. If you wish to present your guests with a homemade cake, you can store any leftover rice cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze it for up to 3 months as a dessert!
6. If you want to make this dessert with a more authentic look, you can make the coating by mixing flour and regular sugar.
7. If you are making a cake for your child, you can use Cake flour and other healthy ingredients like flax or sunflower seeds. You can also try adding dried fruit or chocolate chips to their rice cakes!
8. This recipe does not involve chocolate chips, but the goal is to keep it simple when making rice cakes!
What do chocolate rice cakes taste like?
Rice cakes have a chewy texture; when you bite them, the rice cake is moist and slightly chocolaty. On top of this, the cake also has a slightly sweet taste that makes it irresistible.
What is Cake flour?
Like all types of traditional Chinese pastry (including Chinese steamed buns), rice cakes are made using cake flour (tapas). Many flour brands are available in Chinese supermarkets to satisfy your baking needs.
Its main ingredient is tapioca starch. It is a fine flour that is highly absorbent and helps to hydrate other ingredients.
It makes the breading batter soft and fluffy, resulting in the rice cakes’ smooth texture when cooked. The buttery taste of this flour also makes the cake more delicious.
Are chocolate rice cakes healthy?
If you compare chocolate rice cakes with regular cakes, the chocolate ones are slightly healthier as they contain less sugar and fat. At the same time, they also have a higher vitamin B12 content.
If you use this Chinese rice cake recipe to prepare your desserts, you can enjoy the rice cake’s taste and texture without guilt!
Tips and Tricks:
- Using honey or maple syrup in addition to sugar syrup makes the coating quick and easy and eliminates the need for artificial preservatives/sweeteners.
- Chocolate chips are essential to this recipe as they allow you to prepare your chocolate coating.
- The cake recipe is relatively easy; you can substitute cake flour for all-purpose flour.
- If you have questions about this recipe, feel free to ask in the comment section below!
If you want to enjoy a delicious homemade cake that is low in fat, you can make this healthy chocolate rice cake recipe. You can make the cake without any additional oil or butter required. You will also find this recipe very easy to prepare!