This Sandy’s Chocolate Cake Recipe is a deliciously moist and rich chocolate delight that will please any chocolate lover.
The cake is easy to make, and the ingredients are inexpensive so you can put this on your table for a reasonable price. If you need a special dessert just right for the holidays, I hope this recipe will help fill that void.
This simple recipe requires three steps: melting the butter, stirring everything together, and putting it into an oven-safe dish. It’s that easy!
How To make Sandy’s Chocolate Cake Recipe?
- Prepare Tiem: 20 min –
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 50 min
- Serving Size: 14-16
Ingredients for Sandy’s Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 3 cups flour (add more if necessary)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Heat the butter for about 20 minutes until it melts completely into a liquid state.
Add the sugar and cocoa powder to the butter and mix well.
Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites and add them to the mixture one at a time.
Add the flour and salt to the mixture until it’s well combined.
In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until they are stiff, then add them to your mixture.
Pour the batter into an oven-safe dish about 8×8 inches in size and bake it for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted inside the cake comes out clean.
Let it cool completely before serving.
Nutrition Fact of Sandy’s Chocolate Cake Recipe
10 Amazing Service Ideas for Sandy’s Chocolate Cake Recipe:
1. Garnish your cake with garnishes. Add strawberries, raspberries, or fruits or nuts to your dessert.
2. Enjoy the cake with ice milk!
3. Decorate it with whipped cream and berries.
4. Add other ingredients like nuts or mini candy bars.
5. Serve it with Chantilly cream and fresh berries.
6. Add a chocolate sauce to the cake and serve it with ice cream
7. Sprinkle crushed Oreo cookies inside the cake.
8. Add chocolate chips and nuts on top of the cake
9. Very simple! Just cover the cake with chocolate fondue and serve with hot fudge sauce
10. Then, put the cake inside a chocolate cupcake.
Can I freeze it?
Keep the cake in an air-tight container and freeze it for up to 3 months. Thaw it at room temperature and reheat it in the oven.
How long will it last?
The cake will stay fresh in an air-tight container for up to 3 days at room temperature.
More Tips to Keep Your Sandy’s Chocolate Cake Recipe Fresh:
- Refrigerate the cake if you aren’t going to use it right away.
- Freeze the cake if you aren’t going to use it immediately, but don’t freeze it too long because the texture will become denser.
- Serve the cake at room temperature. It will taste better in that way.
The recipe is simple to make, and it tastes very good. That was an okay recipe, but I think this will be a hit with the family when I serve it for Christmas. The frosting was good, and I liked the addition of cocoa powder. I recommend this if you’re in the mood for a sweet chocolate cake treat.
Best Chocolate Cake I’ve ever had. Moist, chocolatey, and simple to make. It would make a great birthday cake or just because. I didn’t have cool whip, but this cake was still great. The batter is a little thick, so I think it’s better to make a 13×9 pan of this. I’m planning to make this for my mom for her birthday.
I love this cake. So simple to make and delicious. I use it for dessert when I have guests, and everybody loves it. I always find myself craving chocolate cake. This recipe is the best! It’s super easy to make, and the taste is delicious.