Craving the rich, chocolatey hot cocoa from Silver Dollar City? This theme park tucked away in the Ozark Mountains of Missouri serves up an ultra-thick hot chocolate that has gained legendary status.
In this article, we’ll share the easy home recipe to recreate Silver Dollar City’s famous hot chocolate using just a few ingredients like milk, chocolate syrup, and melted chocolate.
Kids and adults alike will love indulging in mugs of this nostalgic, decadent winter drink that tastes just like the original.
So get ready to whip up the signature hot chocolate recipe from Silver Dollar City! With just a bit of time and a few pantry staples, you can enjoy this treat from the comfort of your own home.
How to make Silver Dollar City Hot Chocolate Recipe?
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 4 cups
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Whipped cream for topping
- Mini marshmallows for topping
- Grated chocolate or chocolate shavings for garnish
1. Combine Dry Ingredients: In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the granulated sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, ground cinnamon, and salt until well combined. This will ensure even distribution of the flavors in your hot chocolate.
2. Heat Milk and Cream: Combine the whole milk and heavy cream in a medium saucepan. Place the saucepan over medium heat and warm the mixture, stirring occasionally, until it’s hot but not boiling. This usually takes about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add Chocolate Chips: Add semi-sweet chocolate chips to the saucepan once the milk and cream mixture is heated. Stir continuously until the chocolate chips are completely melted, and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
4. Incorporate Dry Ingredients: Gradually whisk the dry ingredient mixture into the milk and chocolate mixture. Keep whisking until everything is well combined and the hot chocolate thickens slightly.
5. Add Vanilla Extract: Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. This will add a wonderful aroma and depth of flavor to your hot chocolate.
6. Serve: Pour the hot chocolate into mugs, leaving a little space at the top for toppings. If desired, top each mug with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of mini marshmallows.
7. Garnish: For an extra touch of elegance, garnish your Silver Dollar City Hot Chocolate with grated chocolate or chocolate shavings. This will not only enhance the visual appeal but also add an extra layer of chocolatey goodness.
8. Enjoy: Grab a cozy blanket, settle into your favorite chair, and sip on your homemade Silver Dollar City Hot Chocolate. Let the warmth and comforting flavors transport you to a winter wonderland of your own.
- If you don’t want to make your hot cocoa mix, you can buy it at the gift shop of Silver Dollar City.
- It is a nice treat when you need a drink that is warm and ready right away.
- You can use any milk and hot chocolate mix, as long as they have cinnamon and vanilla.
- This recipe has a rating of 3 out of 5 stars on the Hometown Museum website.
Nutrition facts of Silver Dollar City Hot Chocolate Recipe:
|Dietary fiber||1.4 g|
|Saturated fats||13.8 g|
What do you put in a hot chocolate station?
According to the Hometown Museum of Silver Dollar City, you can put many things into your hot chocolate station.
1. whipped cream with extra sprinkles
2. chocolate syrup for dipping marshmallows and chocolate chips
3. peanut butter for dipping graham crackers
4. corn chips with cheese dip 5. crackers with cheese or sausage spread 6. pretzel rods 7. peanut butter sandwiches 8. marshmallow treats 9. chocolate-covered candies 10.
What goes well with hot chocolate?
According to the Hometown Museum of Silver Dollar City, hot chocolate goes great with these treats:
1. hot chocolate with corn chips and cheese dip: makes a healthy, low-fat snack that tastes great and satisfies your craving.
2. hot chocolate while watching fireworks is a perfect way to end a celebration day.
3. Hot chocolate on the beach: hot cocoa mugs are perfect for your hot cocoa on the beach experience. Make special hot cocoa with different flavors like strawberry and orange or raspberry ice cream for a unique treat.
What can you add to hot chocolate to make it taste better?
According to the Hometown Museum of Silver Dollar City, you can add some of these ingredients to make your hot chocolate taste better:
- whipped cream
- mint syrup
- cake batter powder
- powdered coffee creamers
How do you keep a large amount of hot chocolate hot?
According to the Hometown Museum of Silver Dollar City, you can divide hot chocolate into smaller containers and then put them in the fridge. This will keep it warm for up to 3 hours.
How do you keep drinks hot at a party?
According to the Hometown Museum of Silver Dollar City, using a beverage dispenser, you should keep drinks hot. You can also use hot water bottles and heat lamps.
Is hot chocolate a snack?
According to the Hometown Museum of Silver Dollar City, hot chocolate is not a snack but a drink.
How hot should milk be for hot chocolate?
According to the Hometown Museum of Silver Dollar City, milk should be at least 195 degrees when heating to make hot chocolate.
Is drinking hot chocolate healthy?
If you want to visit the Hometown Museum of Silver Dollar City and learn more about hot chocolate, you can go online to their website and discover many more interesting facts about it.
This is one of my favorite drink recipes that I have found so far. If you have any questions, please comment below. I would be happy to answer all your questions.