Starbucks Chocolate Cream Cold Brew Recipe is a fantastic drink to have during the summer. It is satisfying and intensely chocolatey, perfect for when you want a little extra richness in your iced coffee.
This cold brew recipe is made with Starbucks African Whole Bean Coffee, Trader Joe’s Unsweetened Almond Milk (or other unsweetened milk), Truvia or another natural sweetener of your choice, 100% Cacao Chocolate Syrup from Trader Joe’s (or another store-bought chocolate syrup), and ice cubes.
What is Starbucks Chocolate Cream, Cold Brew?
Starbucks Chocolate Cream Cold Brew Recipe is based on the fact that sugar and dairy (if using milk) are not suitable for the cold brewing process. Chocolate is the only thing that gives this drink a Starbucks feel.
100% Cacao Chocolate Syrup from Trader Joe’s is an excellent ingredient for this recipe because it has a smooth and decadent chocolate flavor. It is also free from that chemical aftertaste familiar with other chocolate syrups.
How to make Starbucks Chocolate Cream Cold Brew Recipe?
- Prepare Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 9 hours and 5 minutes
- Serving: 6-8
- 1 cup of Starbucks African coffee beans
- 4 cups Trader Joe’s Unsweetened Almond Milk or other unsweetened milk
- ¼ cup Truvia or another natural sweetener of your choice
- 3 tablespoons 100% Cacao Chocolate Syrup from Trader Joe’s
- 6-8 ice cubes
1. Add the almond milk, coffee beans, sweetener, chocolate syrup, and ice cubes to your slow cooker. Do not use a carafe to brew this recipe. It must be made in a slow cooker.
2. Cover and leave to steep for 8-10 hours on Low heat.
3. Strain the mixture with a sieve, pressing down on the beans to extract the coffee goodness from them. You can also use cheesecloth to make it look prettier, but it is unnecessary.
4. Pour into glasses or cups and serve immediately!
5. Store any leftover coffee in the fridge for up to 2 days. Enjoy!
Nutrition Fact of Starbucks Chocolate Cream Cold Brew Recipe:
|Calories||356 (Calories from Fat3)|
|Total Fat||5.2g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g)|
10 Amazing Serving ideas for Starbucks Chocolate Cream Cold Brew Recipe:
1. Add a dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, and a squeeze of fresh orange juice to make this drink taste like an Orange Creamsicle.
2. Add ½ teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder to the mixture for a deep, rich chocolate flavor that is not too sweet and compliments the coffee nicely.
3. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cocoa powder for an indulgent treat!
4. Serve over ice cubes, so the drink is nice and chilled without watering it down too much.
5. Add a shot of espresso or coffee liqueur to make this extra drink Starbucks-y!
6. Make ice cubes with ½ teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder and add these to the drink for an extra chocolate kick!
7. Add some Starbucks VIA Instant Coffee to keep it as close to the original as possible.
8. Top with whipped cream and sprinkles for a fun, grown-up twist on the usual hot chocolate drink!
9. Make an ice cube with ¼ teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder and add it to the drink for an extra chocolate kick!
10. Make ice cubes with ½ teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder and add these to the drink for an extra chocolate kick!
What is Starbucks’ sweet cream cold foam made of?
The sweet cream cold foam for Starbucks drinks is made of non-dairy ingredients or milk. It can also be made with a mixture of both. The recipe is top secret at Starbucks, but the company does provide a list of all the items that are not in it. The ingredients include corn syrup, sodium caseinate, dipotassium phosphate, sodium stearoyl lactylate, soy lecithin, and calcium silicate.
Why does Starbucks drink have cream in it?
Starbucks drinks are sweetened with natural ingredients like stevia and erythritol. The company says it wants to deliver the same unique and great taste found in iced coffee without the bitter aftertaste of regular sugar.
The coffee is also blended with cream, which is why it has a bubbly topping. The creamy foam mixes with the coffee as it sits, creating an incredible drink that tastes just like a Starbucks iced coffee.
Do you put cream and sugar in a cold brew?
If you add dairy to your cold brew, you will want to blend it with the coffee and sweetener before brewing. This is because under-brewed coffee is not recommended to drink on its own. It may not be delightful, and it may not taste very good at all.
If you prefer cold brew iced coffee with milk or cream, you can add dairy before serving.
Is Starbucks cold brew healthy?
Starbucks says it is committed to offering the same unique and great taste found in regular iced coffee but without the bitter aftertaste of regular sugar. The company has sweetened its cold brew with stevia and erythritol and blended the coffee with cream.
Starbucks iced coffee is unlike a naturally sweetened coffee made from scratch. It has a lot of sugar, and if it is not made with cold brew, it will contain even sweeter ingredients like peach and raspberry syrups.
You will also usually find heavy cream in the drink, another fat source. While the company offers healthier options like almond milk and soy milk, you should know that this drink has a lot of calories because of its dairy and cream.
Is the chocolate cold brew dairy free?
The chocolate flavor option for Starbucks’ cold brew iced coffee drinks are made with the same non-dairy ingredients as regular iced coffee. There are no dairy products in it, so it won’t upset your stomach if you have lactose intolerance or intolerance to milk sugars like lactose.
You can use almond or soy milk instead of regular milk and still get the same great taste.
Starbucks cold brew drink is fortified with non-dairy ingredients for a rich, creamy taste that is not too sweet and does not contain any dairy products. It has 10 grams of fat, like one serving of chicken nuggets.
Starbucks drinks have a lot of sugar, and if you add dairy to your cold brew, you will want to blend it with the coffee and sweetener before brewing. This is because under-brewed coffee is not recommended to drink on its own.