Stephens Hot Chocolate Recipe Is A Delicious Way To Enjoy A Cup Of Cocoa. This time of year, there is nothing better than a cup of hot chocolate to warm you up.
I’ve been experimenting with different varieties and recipes over the years, and have found one that we absolutely love.
My husband prefers his plain and simple, while I like mine with marshmallows on top. The kids love their hot chocolate with whipped cream and a variety of toppings on top…sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, powdered sugar, and cinnamon.
Stephens Hot Chocolate Recipe is an old family favorite and has been enjoyed in the Stephens family for many years. If you are looking for a delicious way to enjoy a warm cup of cocoa, try this recipe.
What Is Stephens Hot Chocolate Recipe?
Stephens Hot Chocolate Recipe is a traditional hot chocolate recipe that has been around for many years. It is made from only four ingredients: chocolate, half and half, sugar, and vanilla extract.
The chocolate used in this recipe should be either semi-sweet or real. Plain old Hershey cocoa powder. The semi-sweet you usually buy in a bar is Hershey’s cocoa powder with artificial flavor.
How To Make Stephens Hot Chocolate Recipe?
Stephens Hot Chocolate Recipe can be made traditional or in a few different ways. You have a lot of options when making this recipe. The nice thing about a hot chocolate recipe is that you can make it with whatever ingredients you like best.
You can use milk instead of half and a half or add milk to get the desired thickness. You can add flavored milk such as chocolate mint, banana, vanilla, or strawberry milk.
- prepare Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 3.5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Serving Size: 2
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Chocolate shavings or cocoa powder for garnish
- Combine the milk and heavy cream in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Heat the mixture until it is hot but not boiling, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching.
- Whisk together the sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a separate bowl until well combined.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the saucepan of hot milk, whisking constantly to avoid any lumps. Continue to whisk until the cocoa powder is fully dissolved and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the hot chocolate for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. This will allow the flavors to meld together and the hot chocolate to thicken slightly.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Taste and adjust the sweetness if desired by adding more sugar.
- Pour the hot chocolate into mugs and garnish each serving with whipped cream and a sprinkle of chocolate shavings or cocoa powder.
- Serve the hot chocolate immediately while it’s still warm, and enjoy!
Note: Customize your hot chocolate by adding toppings like marshmallows, caramel sauce, or cinnamon. You can also experiment with different types of chocolate or add a hint of flavor with extracts like peppermint or almond. Get creative and make Stephen’s Hot Chocolate your signature winter drink!
Nutrition Fact Of Stephens Hot Chocolate Recipe
6 Healthy Benefits Of Stephens Hot Chocolate Recipe
1. It Fights Depression And Makes You Happy
Studies have proven that drinking hot chocolate can help fight depression. A study shows that drinking at least 2 cups of hot cocoa every week can cut your chance of becoming depressed by 50%!
2. It Boosts Your Mood
Eating chocolate is a well-known way to boost your mood, but not all types of chocolate give you the same benefits. The cocoa content in hot chocolate is very helpful in boosting your mood. If you want to know more about the benefits of chocolate, click here.
3. It Helps Reduce Stress
It has been well-known that consuming cocoa can help reduce stress and anxiety. Studies have shown that people who drink hot chocolate are less stressed than those who do not drink hot chocolate.
4. Effective Against Aches And Pains
Cocoa is a powerful anti-inflammatory that can effectively soothe sore muscles and reduce aches and pains simultaneously!
5. It’s a Natural Weight Loss Solution
Hot cocoa can help you lose weight! When you eat something sweet, your body releases insulin which speeds up the process of turning sugar and carbohydrates into fat! But if you replace your desserts with hot cocoa, it will satisfy your craving for something sweet, and you’ll be able to lose weight.
6. It Prevents Cancer
Studies show that cocoa can help prevent cancer from developing. In fact, in a study published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute that drinking one to three cups of hot cocoa every day can reduce your risk of dying from cancer by about 10%!
Where is Stephens cocoa made?
Stephens Hot Chocolate is made in Olympia, WA. This small town city has one of the finest chocolate makers in America. They have produced Stephens Hot Chocolate recipe since 1869 and are still going strong today!
Why We Love It?
Stephens Hot Chocolate Recipe is the perfect cup of cocoa for any time of year. You can use it to warm you up in the winter or take advantage of a good cup of cocoa when the weather gets warmer.
It Is Strictly A Family Recipe
Stephens Hot Chocolate Recipe is the result of many years of experimentation. I have always loved hot chocolate but never thought to try and make one from scratch.
When I was young, my mom made hot chocolate for us every year during Christmas time, which probably helped me develop my fondness for it.
Stephens Hot Chocolate Recipe is a delicious cup of hot chocolate. It is quick and easy to make and only requires 4 ingredients. The cocoa used in the recipe is the best choice…either Hershey’s cocoa powder or real bar semi-sweet chocolate.
If you want to know more about the benefits of Stephens Hot Chocolate Recipe, feel free to leave a comment below.