Thick Hot Chocolate Recipe is the perfect drink for the winter months, and it can also be a great Christmas gift if you make this in a Mason jar. It’s rich, with just the right sweetness to satisfy your hunger or sweet tooth. Just like with any chocolate drink, it tastes best when served hot! Be sure to use natural cocoa instead of cocoa powder; it gives the glass more depth of flavor.
This recipe is easy to make and doesn’t require any expensive ingredients. The best part is you can adjust the recipe to suit your tastes. Want it sweeter? Add more sugar. Need it thinner? Add more milk. Want it thicker? Add less milk. The basic recipe calls for hot water, milk, sugar, and cocoa powder, but you can always use a different flavor base, such as coffee, cinnamon, or mint.
What is Thick Hot Chocolate?
Thick Hot Chocolate is simply hot chocolate that is not watered down, unlike traditional hot chocolate. This results in a more creamy and rich drink than conventional hot chocolate.
When I was a little girl, my favorite drink was the thick hot chocolate my mom used to make me when I was sick. I make thick hot chocolate when I urge to drink something warm and sweet.
How to make Thick Hot Chocolate Recipe?
- Prepare Time: 10 min.
- Makes 2-3 servings
- (2-3) 1/2 cup hot water
- (3) 3 tbsp. Real cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk (slightly less than half a cup if you prefer it less liquidy)
Bring the hot water and cocoa powder to a boil in a medium saucepan, or pour over the top of your mug. Stir till all of the cocoa powder is dissolved. Add in milk and stir until well mixed. Serve hot.
Serving Ideas For Thick Hot Chocolate Recipe:
1. Christmas gift idea for a friend/family member who loves chocolate.
2. A lovely way to warm up during the cold winter months, when there is snow outside, but you don’t want to wear too many layers.
3. A perfect drink for tea time during the winter months.
4. For The perfect treat after dinner, spoon some into a 1/2 cup measuring cup and heat in the microwave for 60-90 seconds or until it’s warm and silky smooth!
5. A great way to end a meal. Just spoon it into a mug and enjoy!
6. A wonderful gift for someone who loves hot chocolate.
7. A filling drink perfect for winter’s cold and rainy days!
8. The perfect drink to share with friends or family during gatherings or holidays!
9. If you want to make Christmas gifts, this recipe will be used!
10. If you don’t want to eat it but want to drink it, this is an excellent recipe for making hot chocolate in the microwave!
Why is my hot chocolate not thick?
Sometimes hot chocolate is not quite thick enough to suit your taste. That is why I want to share a more effective way to make thick hot chocolate.
Here are the two ways to make thick hot chocolate:
- Add cocoa powder to milk and then heat it in the microwave for about 60-90 seconds until the milk is nice and warm, and then pour it into a mug and enjoy!
- Get the milk, cocoa powder, sugar & water. Then mix it all. Then pour it into a mug and enjoy!
What is the difference between French and Italian hot chocolate?
French hot chocolate is made with real chocolate, while Italian hot chocolate is made from powder. The French version can be more expensive than the powder version, but it’s worth the price, in my opinion. It gives a richer flavor than the Italian version. French hot chocolate has a recipe for adding real chocolate to milk to create melt-in-your-mouth results.
Another fundamental difference between them is that French hot chocolate calls for boiling the ingredients, whereas Italian hot chocolate does not! Italian hot chocolate can be made by adding cocoa powder and sugar to milk and heating it up in the microwave until it is warm.
Is it Healthy?
Hot chocolate may be healthy for you, but it depends on how you make it. It is more beneficial than coffee because coffee is high in caffeine and can leave you feeling jittery and sleepless. On the other hand, hot chocolate is very low in caffeine. The ingredients typically include milk, cocoa powder, sugar, and maybe some cinnamon. This can be a great source of calcium, vitamins, and minerals.
You can make your hot chocolate healthier by using skim milk or 2% milk instead of whole or fat-free milk. Also, try using light or dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate. You can also try to skim milk for more calories but less calcium and fat per cup.
Also, you can add honey instead of sugar to your hot chocolate if you want a sweeter drink. Brown sugar is also unhealthy because it adds unnecessary calories and carbohydrates from the brown color refined sugar gives your drink.
Try making your hot chocolate healthier! For this one night, use skims milk, low-fat coffee creamer, skim milk, and honey instead of sugar. You can also try using more cocoa powder if it is thicker and more prosperous than milk. If you use these tips to make healthy hot chocolate, you will be able to have your favorite, guiltless drink!
I hope That This Article Is Helpful For You!