Whipped Hot Chocolate Recipe Without Heavy Cream This whipped hot chocolate recipe is a no-brainer. No heavy cream is required! It’s surprisingly rich and fluffy for being made without cream, so you might want to add some nonfat milk or half-and-half for a smoother taste. If you don’t need it as thick, try using three tablespoons of milk instead. Either way, you’re in for a satisfying treat.
How to make Whipped Hot Chocolate Recipe Without Heavy Cream?
- Prepare Time: 5 Min
- Total Time: 5 Min
- Yield: Makes 1 Serving (Serving Size: 2 Ounces)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
Whisk together the hot water, sugar, and cocoa in a large bowl. Add the cocoa powder.
Whisk in the vanilla extract until combined.
Cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until cool and thickened to a pudding consistency. Stir before serving.
Top with fresh raspberries, if desired.
Serving ideas for Whipped Hot Chocolate Recipe Without Heavy Cream:
- Whip together 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder and 4 – 6 tablespoons of low-fat milk. Add 1/2 cup of Whipped Hot Chocolate Recipe Without Heavy Cream, and your pre-workout shake is ready!
- Top a slice of pound cake with a dollop of Whipped Hot Chocolate Recipe Without Heavy Cream before your friends arrive. Place them in the freezer for 20 minutes to let them thaw out just in time for that special dinner you’re planning.
- Place 1/2 cup in the fridge to make a delicious dessert the next day. This recipe is so good you’ll probably want to eat it cold.
- Use this recipe instead of pudding mix when preparing our Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cupcakes!
Nutrition facts of Whipped Hot Chocolate Recipe Without Heavy Cream
|3g Nutrition Score
Healthy benefits of Whipped Hot Chocolate Recipe Without Heavy Cream
- This whipped hot chocolate recipe contains antioxidant-rich cocoa powder, which helps cardiovascular health and supports healthy blood pressure levels.
- The milk in this recipe provides protein to help build and maintain muscle mass, which is essential for maintaining strength as you age.
- This recipe contains no saturated fat but still delivers a hefty dose of calcium for bone strength and teeth integrity and magnesium for heart health and energy metabolism.
- Vitamin C helps maintain immune function, which helps the body fight off cold and flu symptoms. With no added sugar, this recipe is a healthy alternative to a cup of hot cocoa at bedtime!
Whipped Hot Chocolate Recipe Without Heavy Cream contains healthy nutrition for your daily health. When you make this whipped hot chocolate recipe, you can avoid using heavy cream as the ingredient of this recipe. It will be good for your health, and you can significantly benefit from this recipe.
I hope you are interested in this article that I have written and you like it. Thanks for reading this.
When does Whipped Hot Chocolate Recipe Without Heavy Cream expire?
If the containers are unopened, they can be stored for up to 1 year in the refrigerator. About cold water and hot water, this recipe is good for one year from the date that it was first prepared.
How to freeze a Whipped Hot Chocolate Recipe Without Heavy Cream?
Whipped Hot Chocolate Recipe Without Heavy Cream can be frozen before or after cooking. I recommend you freeze it in a freezer bag. It can be kept frozen for up to one year.
Can you use water instead of milk for hot chocolate?
No, it won’t work. It is too thick to make a drink that tastes like hot chocolate. It would help if you used milk and cocoa powder for consistency.
Can you make a Whipped Hot Chocolate Recipe With Heavy Cream?
You can make extra thick hot chocolate with heavy cream instead of water or milk. Use four tablespoons of whole milk and two tablespoons of cocoa powder instead of 2/3 cup hot water and 1/3 cup sugar.