Worst Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Is this your first time baking? To ensure you don’t end up with a disaster on your hands, check out this list of the most common chocolate chip cookie recipes and avoid the following mistakes: too much flour, not enough chocolate chips, and not using butter.
If you’ve decided to bake your chocolate chip cookies, here are the two most common mistakes people make with their recipe and how to avoid them.
What is Worst Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe?
Standard chocolate chip cookie recipes follow a similar recipe, but as you try to improve your baking skills, you’ll notice that each recipe works differently and looks a bit different.
However, if anyone asks you where you learned to make chocolate chip cookies, you can confidently tell them that it is the worst chocolate chip cookie recipe on the internet.
Why is it Called Worst Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe?
The site’s creator called it “Worst Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe” because she doesn’t know how to bake, so she spent a weekend reading other chocolate chip cookie recipe sites on the internet.
By the end of her research, she had a pretty good collection of bits and pieces from many different recipes, which she stuck into one great recipe.
As a result, the worst chocolate chip cookie recipe isn’t so much a recipe as it is just some ingredients thrown together in random amounts.
This is like making pasta sauce by dumping a can of tomatoes into an empty jar with nothing else in it except some salt and oregano.
How To Make Worst Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe?
- prepare Time: 10 min
- inactive Time: 30 min
- cook Time: 10 min
- total Time: 50 min
- Yield: 32 cookies
- 2 cups of flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 cup of whole wheat pastry flour (at least)
- 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened (may substitute with margarine in a pinch; this is where it gets bad)
- 32 tablespoons of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup (this is where it gets bad)
Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Beat the softened butter with a hand mixer until it is light and fluffy (usually 3 to 5 minutes). If you have one, you can use a stand mixer to speed up this process.
Add the flour and beat again until just combined. Be careful not to over-mix at this point, as overmixing can make the cookies tough.
Slowly add the chocolate chips. When the mixer was off, I found it easier to mix them into the dough with a spoon.
Divide your dough into equal portions of about one large spoonful per cookie (closer to 1 1/2 tablespoons are better, but do not use a scoop).
Use your finger to push down the center of each cookie and make a well for the chocolate chips.
Fill the well with chocolate chips.
Bake for about 10 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius). Check on the cookies at 7 minutes, as they may need more or less time depending on your oven and the size of your cookies.
The worst cookie recipe is pretty bad, but it’s not so bad if you are just starting and don’t know any better.
Nutrition Fact Of Worst Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Serving size: 1 cookie
|Sugar||2.9g (may be higher depending on your ingredients)|
5 Important Tips To Cook Worst Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
1. Start with the right ingredients: Mixing the dough too much can make it tough, so don’t overmix. Use a stand mixer to speed up this process if you have one.
2. Bake for about 10 minutes less than stated in the recipe, rather than the amount listed. Your oven may vary; if you overbake your cookies, they will be tough and dry.
3. Keep the cookies within an inch of the oven walls, as the burned chocolate will fall off.
4. Chocolate chips are a hot commodity, so it’s best to use them immediately rather than let them melt in the refrigerator.
5. Be sure to verify that there is enough holiday spirit in your cooking utensils before starting this recipe. Otherwise, you may find yourself with all ingredients but no cookies and no idea how you got there.
Even though it is not the best chocolate chip cookie recipe you can find on the internet, the worst one is still pretty good.
If you have developed a taste for oatmeal cookies and takeout Chinese food, this is more than likely what will end up in your belly.
About the Author: Ginger Wickelhaus, author of Secret Recipe Club, has been working in marketing as a communications specialist for 20 years. She has also worked as a digital creative strategist and web developer at Chicago ad agencies and New York design shops.