Are you craving a sweet and satisfying treat that combines the goodness of oats with the indulgence of chocolate? Look no further than this delectable oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe by Quaker!
Whether you’re a baking enthusiast or simply looking for a delightful homemade snack, these cookies will become a family favourite.
In this article, we’ll guide you through the step-by-step process of making these mouthwatering cookies. So, please put on your apron, preheat your oven, and begin baking!
How to make oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe quaker?
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
- Total Time: 25-27 minutes
- Serving Size: Approximately 10 cookies
- 1 cup of Quaker oats (old-fashioned or quick oats)
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
Step 1 – Preparing the Dough
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, cream the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the butter-sugar mixture. Beat until well incorporated.
- Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients. Mix until the dough comes together.
- Stir in the Quaker oats and chocolate chips, ensuring they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
Step 2 – Baking the Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, drop rounded portions of dough onto an ungreased baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
- Serve them warm with a glass of cold milk for a classic combination.
- Create cookie sandwiches by spreading a layer of your favourite frosting or ice cream between two cookies.
- Crumble the cookies over a bowl of vanilla ice cream for an extra indulgent dessert.
- Package them in cute gift boxes or bags tied with a ribbon to share with friends and loved ones.
- Enjoy them as an on-the-go snack during picnics or hikes.
- Pair them with a hot coffee or tea for a delightful afternoon treat.
- Use them as a base for a delicious ice cream sundae by layering crumbled cookies, ice cream, and toppings.
- Dip half of each cookie in melted chocolate for an elegant touch.
- Crush the cookies and sprinkle them over yoghurt for a crunchy and flavorful twist.
- Use them as a base for homemade ice cream sandwiches by sandwiching your favourite ice cream flavour.
Nutrition Facts Here are the approximate nutrition facts per serving (1 cookie):
- Calories: 200
- Total Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 150mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 27g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 15g
- Protein: 3g
In conclusion, Quaker’s oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe is a delightful combination of wholesome oats and rich chocolate chips. The cookies are elementary to make, resulting in a batch of irresistible treats that will satisfy any sweet tooth.
With a crunchy exterior and a soft, chewy centre, these cookies are perfect for sharing with family and friends or indulging in a moment of self-care.
Remember to follow the step-by-step instructions carefully, and don’t be afraid to get creative with different serving ideas. Whether you enjoy them with a glass of milk, pair them with ice cream, or use them as a base for other desserts, these cookies are versatile and guaranteed to please.
So, gather your ingredients, preheat your oven, and let the aroma of freshly baked cookies fill your kitchen. Treat yourself and your loved ones to the delightful flavours of Quaker’s oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe. Happy baking!