Blue Ribbon German Chocolate Cake Recipe is a dream of a cake! It is just the right size and is so delicious that you’ll be tempted to eat it by the handful. Simple ingredients will help you make this cake without fail, and every component brings something unique to this traditional German chocolate cake recipe.
The flavor you’ll get when baking this cake will make your mouth water. The good thing about this cake is that it does not take much time to make, so you will not be in the kitchen for hours.
How to make Blue Ribbon German Chocolate Cake Recipe?
- Prepare Time: 15 Minutes
- Bake Time: 1 Hour, 45 Minutes
- Serving Size: 8 Servings As Dessert Or 14-16 Slices As Dessert
Ingredients for Blue Ribbon German Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 2 sticks (1 cup) of butter
- 2 ¾ cups sugar
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water and 5 tablespoons of sugar
Place the oven rack in the middle position. Preheat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare a round 8-inch springform pan with a diameter of approximately 11 inches.
While preparing the cake, clean the spring form pan by wiping it with a dry sponge and then lightly grease it with oil or non-stick cooking spray. You can also line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper or wax paper.
Lightly grease a medium-sized bowl with butter or non-stick cooking spray, and then sift 2 ¾ cups of white sugar into it. Add 2 sticks (1 cup) of butter and 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour. Use your fingertips to blend the ingredients with the sugar until it forms into crumbs about the size of small peas.
Use a spoon or a spatula to transfer the crumb mixture into the pre-greased and prepared cake pan. Spread it evenly into the bottom of your pan.
In a large mixing bowl, beat 4 egg yolks and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract together until it forms a foamy mixture with no lumps. Sift 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder over the egg yolk mixture and then whisk it in thoroughly to combine them well together.
Pour 1 cup of boiling water over the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl. Mix it by adding 1 cup of sugar and stir it well. Cool for 2 minutes before pouring this mixture over your cake batter in the pan.
Whisk until everything is well combined, then bake for about 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes clean.
You may remove the cake from the oven, but do not take off the cake pan. Allow the cake to cool for 60 minutes in its pan, and then you can remove it from the pan by loosening the edges with a knife. Cool completely before serving.
Blue Ribbon German Chocolate Cake Recipe – Tips and Tricks
- This cake is wonderful for entertaining guests or family members. If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in your refrigerator.
- Make this German chocolate cake recipe in a 13×9 inch rectangular pan or cupcake pans to make more miniature cakes. Be sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.
- While mixing the ingredients, constantly stir so that the cocoa powder will be evenly distributed throughout the mixture and not form lumps.
- When pouring the cake out of the pan, allow it to cool completely before cutting it. If you cut into it while warm, the cake will crumble when you try to cut it.
- The Blue Ribbon German Chocolate Cake Recipe is delicious and straightforward, but don’t take my word for it – try this cake yourself!
Nutrition Fact of Blue Ribbon German Chocolate Cake:
Makes eight servings
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Serving ideas for Blue Ribbon German Chocolate Cake Recipe
1. This cake is so delicious. You should not have to come up with other ways to serve it! However, if you need help, try making this cake after a meal as a dessert.
You can also cut individual slices of it and put them in the freezer. When you want to eat them again, microwave them until they are warm enough for your taste. Serve with ice cream, hot fudge sauce, or fresh strawberry topping
2. This German chocolate cake recipe is excellent with milk or vanilla ice cream.
3. When you want to serve the cake for a dinner party, stick it in a serving bowl and add some fruit salad. If you make your fruit salad, you can add pineapple slices, kiwi slices, cranberries, and corn kernels. You can also try adding blueberries or fresh mangoes to your fruit salad for an extra fruity touch.
3. It also can be served with whipped cream.
4. Make it for a birthday party, anniversary party, or baby shower for a delicious and simple dessert.
5. If you plan to make this cake for any special occasion, keep in mind that the cake is best served at room temperature. Try doing this German chocolate cake recipe after a meal and then again just before serving so that it will have time to chill before you enjoy it.
6. You can replace two sticks (1 cup) of melted butter with oil (such as vegetables, canola, or light olive oil). If you are vegan, use 1 cup of canola oil instead of butter.
7. You can use 1 cup of light sour cream instead of 4 egg yolks.
8. You can use a weight-to-volume conversion trick to measure the ingredients using a scale as an accurate method. This will let you know exactly how much each component weighs, so you will not need to use measuring cups and spoons.
9. After sifting the flour and cocoa powder together, take the rest and place it in a large bowl with sugar.
The bottom line of this article is that Google tracks your location even when you have turned off location services. If you are concerned that Google is tracking your every move even when you have turned off location services, or if you want to stop Google from tracking your location while on a site and clicking on a link, contact Google.
What do you think of this German chocolate cake recipe? Have any questions or comments? Feel free to share them below!
Can you make Blue Ribbon German Chocolate Cake without baking soda?
It is possible to make Blue Ribbon German Chocolate Cake without baking soda, but it will not be as fluffy as it should be. To avoid this, you can use baking powder instead of baking soda.
Can you make Blue Ribbon German Chocolate Cake without eggs?
You can easily make this cake with egg substitutes. You can use the following ingredient in the recipe: 1 ¼ cups of applesauce (preferably unsweetened).
Can you freeze German chocolate cake?
You can make the cake in a large pan and then freeze the leftovers to enjoy later. If you freeze them, wrap them properly with plastic or place them in freezer bags. You should be able to keep them in your freezer for up to 2 months before eating them.
What are the calories in German chocolate cake?
The Blue Ribbon German Chocolate Cake Recipe contains 180 calories (kcal) per serving. It has 9 grams of Fat and 27 grams of carbohydrates. Every serving has 22 grams of protein and 6 grams of dietary fiber. The Blue Ribbon German Chocolate Cake Recipe also provides 106 milligrams of sodium, 5% of your recommended daily intake.
How to make homemade vanilla extract?
First, you have to choose a nice bottle. I like Levan-flavored white vodka because it smells so good and tastes great. It would help if you also had some vanilla beans. I used Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Beans, but you can use Mexican or Tahitian beans if you like. I love the taste of Madagascar.
Next, cut the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape the seeds with a knife (or use an empty bean). Get a glass jar with a lid and add the seeds and ½ cup of vodka.