The European Hot Chocolate Recipe is a drink that is not only delicious but warms the soul. This recipe is quick and easy for you to make, so go ahead and make this recipe for your friends and family!
What is European Hot Chocolate?
Chocolate, to most people, is a means of consuming sugar. However, chocolate can be used in many recipes that do not contain sugar. European hot chocolate is a drink that combines the sugars from chocolate with the fats from milk and cocoa powder and then warms it up.
The cocoa powder, milk, and sugar mixture begins to froth when whisked together before adding a thickening agent (such as cornstarch) and then microwaving it for about one minute. It would help if you used a giant mug to serve your European hot chocolate, as it is quite a thick drink and difficult to pour.
Once you have made the European Hot Chocolate Recipe, you can add some of your favorite toppings. These toppings include cinnamon sticks, whipped cream, or marshmallows.
How to make European Hot Chocolate Recipe?
- Prepare Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 Minute
- Servings: 2
- 4 oz. of milk
- 3 oz. of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 tsp. of milk or water (to help mix up froth)
Step 1. Add the cocoa powder and milk together in a saucepan over medium heat. Make sure you stir it constantly so that every part of the powder is melted and mixed with the milk. Bring it up to a simmer, remove it from the heat, and set it aside for about four minutes.
Step 2. In a small saucepan, add the sugar and water. Stir the two together until it is dissolved into the sugar. Add the cocoa-milk mixture from step 1 to the sugar mixture in a large mixing bowl.
Step 2. Whisk this together until blended, and then pour it into your mug (or cups).
Step 3. Add at least another half a teaspoon of milk or water to your mug to help froth up your drink as you microwave it for one minute in the microwave.
Step 4. Enjoy your European Hot Chocolate and enjoy!
Serving Ideas for European Hot Chocolate Recipe
1. Whisk in cinnamon or cocoa powder to create authentic European hot chocolate.
2. Dip marshmallows in the mug and then microwave them for another 30 seconds to a minute (depending on how much you microwave them) so that the marshmallows are melted.
3. Drizzle caramel sauce over your European hot chocolate for a delicious and decadent treat!
4. Top your European hot chocolate with a dash of whipped cream for an authentic taste!
5. Make small European hot chocolates for small children by combining 2 tablespoons of the European hot chocolate recipe with 1/3 cup milk.
6. You can add a little vanilla extract to the original recipe to make it sweeter!
1. If you want to make this in advance, don’t heat it in the microwave again when ready to enjoy it. The microwave will cause the foam to “explode,” and you don’t want hot air in your mug. Instead, pour it into a cup and microwave it on the stovetop.
2. If you are making the recipe for less than four people, do not increase the amount of cocoa powder and sugar; instead, decrease the amount of milk to 1/2 cup or less.
3. If you want to add alcohol, use 1-2 tablespoons of Kahlua or Bailey’s Irish Cream Powder (or substitute a more grown-up liquor) instead of the sugar.
4. If your saliva begins to dissipate, gently agitate your mug so that it is agitated and start stirring it again.
Nutrition Fact of European Hot Chocolate Recipe
Healthy benefit European Hot Chocolate Recipe
1. Milk is an excellent source of calcium, so you are getting another benefit from the European Hot Chocolate recipe!
2. This European hot chocolate does not have much sugar, which can be both a benefit and a drawback, depending on your preferences.
3. This drink contains milk, which can help you stay fuller for extended periods if you drink this before your main meal!
4. Not only does chocolate provide antioxidants to help prevent cancer, but it can also help with heart health because it is so high in antioxidants.
5. Milk and cocoa powder contain vitamins such as vitamins A and D, although there are other nutrients in them.
6. Without adding extra sugar, this drink is a great way to get your chocolate fix while keeping your calorie count down!
7. While eating pure cocoa powder combined with milk and sugar may not be suitable, it has fewer calories than pure stuff!
The European Hot Chocolate Recipe is a delicious drink you can make in just a few minutes. It will taste best if you use organic cocoa powder and flavor with warming spices such as cinnamon to add an authentic taste. This drink also contains calcium, which makes it an excellent treat for any age. If you use only organic cocoa powder and do not add sugar, this recipe is a great way to get your chocolate fix without going overboard with calories!
I hope you like this recipe as it is fundamental, so you can make it at home and share it with your family and friends. Comment below if you have any doubts or queries!