Haagen Dazs Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe is my favourite ice cream! When I was growing up, my mom would always make my chocolate ice cream with cherries, and the recipe is still my favourite. Today, I made a copy of the recipe if you want to try it yourself. The ingredients are simple and easy to find so you can make them at home.
In the blog post, I will share my chocolate ice cream recipe. I wrote it so you can easily follow the recipe and make your own.
How to make Haagen Dazs Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe?
- Prepare time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Total time: 20 mins
- Number of servings: 8-10 servings
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a saucepan on medium heat, add the milk and bring it to a boil. Once it begins to boil, slowly put in the Sugar and frequently stir (usually once every minute or two) until the Sugar dissolves.
When the mixture is boiling, reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally. Take the mixture off the heat and whisk in the vanilla extract.
In a bowl, add the egg yolks. Then slowly pour 1/4 cup of sugar mixture into the eggs and whisk it until well incorporated and you can no longer see any sugar grains in the eggs. Set them aside.
In another bowl, add the heavy cream. Please bring it to a boil, then pour it into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly. Continue whisking until smooth, and you can see no white spots from where the sugar syrup was added to the eggs (usually once every minute or two).
Pour this mixture back into the saucepan on low heat and occasionally stir until it reaches around 120-130°F degrees. It should take about 7-8 minutes for that temperature.
Remove the pot from the heat and pour the mixture into it. Let cool to room temperature. Then put it in the refrigerator for about 2 hours, then remove and stir it for two more minutes.
Put the ice cream in an airtight container in your freezer for about 6-8 hours or until it is fully frozen. Enjoy eating!
Nutrition facts of Haagen Dazs Chocolate Ice Cream
Serving ideas for Haagen Dazs Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
- You could enjoy the ice cream immediately or put it in the freezer for a few hours to harden.
- You can make it in a freezing bowl, then put it in a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag. Cover the ice cream to keep it from melting as you hold that bag with your bare hands. Remember that the ice cream will melt quickly once exposed to air!
- You could put it into a travel container for your weekend trip or the upcoming holidays!
10 Haagen Dazs Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe rules
1. Follow each step to make Haagen Dazs Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe to avoid getting frustrated and sending your ice cream back.
2. Don’t be scared of the eggs. They are just tools that help you achieve your goal!
3. Put the ice cream in the freezer for a few hours before serving it. The ice cream will be easier to scoop if you let it sit in the freezer for about 12 hours.
4. Double-check that you have all ingredients before going ahead and making Haagen Dazs Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe. It is frustrating to run to the store because you forgot an ingredient!
5. Try to make Haagen Dazs Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe on your own and enjoy it. You can be creative, and you can add any ingredient you want.
6. If you are worried about how to make Haagen Dazs Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe, google the recipe. There are plenty of ice cream recipes on the internet!
7. If you have time, leave your Haagen Dazs Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe in the freezer overnight. This will give your ice cream a more solid texture.
8. Check on your Haagen Dazs Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe regularly in the freezer and take it out before it begins to melt, as that will ruin the texture of all your hard work!
9. Use the correct pan when cooking Haagen Dazs Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe. If you use the wrong pan, it can be very frustrating.
10. Don’t forget to share your Haagen Dazs Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe on social media and give me feedback.
Haagen Dazs Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe is the perfect dessert for any season! Even though it takes a while, you can make your ice cream at home inexpensively. Please enjoy my blog post as I have created this blog post for you to experiment with some recipes and types of food similar to the Haagen Dazs Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe.
I will be very happy if you write a few words in the comment section or give feedback.
If you have any questions, please write them down in the comment section, and I will try my best to answer them!
What is special about Haagen Dazs ice cream?
Many people don’t know, but the original version of the ice cream is made with only four primary ingredients. The final entry in this recipe is where an egg and salt are added, which would add to its richness and flavour. And what’s more, the recipe gives you a lot of flexibility for other additions: berries, nuts(walnuts), candies, or even chocolate chips!
What are the 6 dots on Häagen-Dazs?
On Häagen-Dazs ice cream, the 6 little dots represent the six colours of the rainbow, not 6 different flavours. All of Häagen-Dazs ice creams are white but have the same flavour. Looking at the tubs of Häagen-Dazs ice cream in your grocery store, you will see that some say “Chocolate” on the front, and some say “Chocolate Ice Cream.” This means that it is simply chocolate flavoured. It does not have cocoa powder added to make it darker or something.
What is Haagen-Dazs?
Haagen-Dazs is a family business in the Netherlands. It was founded in 1961 by a Dutch couple named Jan and Dorit Haege, and when their son, Peter, became interested in ice cream making, he joined them. The company started selling vanilla ice cream but soon offered many different flavours. Some of the most popular flavours are “Original” and “Cappuccino.”
What is the difference between Haagen-Dazs and other ice creams?
Although they have the same ingredients, Haagen-Dazs ice cream is slightly different in texture and flavour. When Haagen-Dazs was first created, no machines could mix ice cream faster than you could.
Is Häagen-Dazs ice cream?
According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s Standards of Identity, Haagen-Dazs is ice cream. There are stringent guidelines regarding what ice cream can and cannot be classified as, and Haagen-Dazs meets these qualifications.